Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Looking around at other places, it amuses me how angry people are at A) The brevity of the duel B) The fact that much of the episode is focused on Ezra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

NTRabbit posted:

I felt sorry for Maul, in a way that Anakin/Vader never earns.

But despite having some hope, and maybe a bit of peace, he's still got that sith mentality. His hope is revenge.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

He's asking if Obi-Wan is protecting the Chosen One, the one who will bring balance ot the force (and thus destroy his former master who ruined his and Obi-wan's lives and by doing so, avenge them).

Luke is the Chosen One, at least from Obi-Wan's current Certain Point of View. Anakin was a failure, lost to darkness, obviously not the chosen one, but his kid, now that has got possibility!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Background Luke bothered me more than the brief fight and focus on Ezra. Show the moisture farm, look up to the suns, and fade to black. Everyone knows what's in that house.

Dave actually talked about that in an interview.

quote:

Filoni explained his decision to show Luke Skywalker wasn’t just for long-time Star Wars fans, but primarily for the new ones:

“We have to look at every episode of Rebels as if you’ve never seen Star Wars before. So if you think of it that way whenever Maul and Obi-Wan are talking about ‘The Chosen One’ or ‘Who are you protecting?’ if you never see or we don’t give the context of that, there are a lot of people who won’t know whats going on there. The Star Wars fan will but the average person will not. So at the very least the scene establishes, in its simplest form, there’s Obi-Wan, he was protecting someone, and there’s a woman yelling ‘Luke,’ and we see what we think of as a young boy running. ‘Oh, so Obi-Wan is protecting a boy named Luke.’ It’s designed to give you that specific bit of information that you need in the story.

Now, if you’re a fan and you go ‘OH MY GOD that’s Luke Skywalker, that’s even better. Now you’re getting the whole thing... But from a sensible story point you have to have that scene at the end to give some idea of what this old man is doing in the desert. You can’t rely on the Star Wars films as if they’ve been universally watched even though we know they’re pretty popular.”

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Did I hear X-wing laser SFX in that preview?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

You can even hear the Ghost's lasers firing in a couple of those. I always thought it had a doofy sounding laser SFX. Its like a "t-choom" noise or something.

[edit] Oh and the Corvette exploding in the youtube thumbnail is painted in one of the same color schemes used in Rebels.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 26, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Dave Filoni said that Season 4 might be when we see X-wings

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The Azzameens would certainly not be a group of EU characters I'd expect to show up, but it could be interesting.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yup, blame Tarkin. Thrawn would've been happy to just nuke em all from orbit.

Admittedly, Tarkin did have a bit of a point in the order. The leaders can not only be made public examples of, but can be interrogated to make sure they'd completely decapitated the fledgling Rebel Alliance (and unsurprisingly they would not have).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

drunkill posted:

The MC-75 Profundity from RO was an administrative building launched into space.

Other Mon Cal ships we've seen (home one etc.) have been spaceships.

Then again, underwater buildings/submarines would make good spaceships.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/the-profundity

Ok, so it was basically meant to be a ship all along, they just disguised its construction.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

VolticSurge posted:

I'm partial to the Arquitens,myself. It's what I imagine a mini-Star Destroyer would look like.

Technically the Arquitens is from the Clone Wars series, but I really do like seeing it still in use in the Empire.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Still better than what Aresko Cumberlane and Myles Grint got.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

:rip: Bane... maybe?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

No one mentioning the Rebels tie-in novel, A New Dawn? Tsk tsk.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nice shirt, Dave. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

"I didn't get a lightsaber!" "But you got Kallus!"

"Hot Kallus" :allears:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

"Kallus... that one piece of hair cost a lot of money to animate, so I don't know..."

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Season 4 will be the final season?

Thats not true, thats impossible!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Moon Slayer posted:

drat I am really looking forward to Hera hyderdriving right through a space station.

Hell yeah. Hyperjumps just keep getting crazier and crazier in modern star wars. :v:

Looks like those X-Wings might be Blue Squadron.

I'm digging Hera's pilot helmet. Also, Hera in an X-wing? She might not be Poe, but RIP all the TIEs.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 15, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Dave is such a troll, while the room was dark due to the trailer, he made a little change...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I am gonna be salty as gently caress if they kill Kanan off.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Wasn't just Hera in the Wang, Chop was, of course, in the astromech slot.

They need to have Hera flying a Y-wing at some point so she can hold the distinction of being one of the few (only) characters to have flown each of the rebel fighters.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

teagone posted:

Rebel Kallus :allears:

Also, banking on Ahsoka's return being hype and epic and it's gonna make me have goosebumps while crying like a little bitch.

I can't decide if I want Kallus to become a new Crix Madine or a new Dash Rendar. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh wow, he is too :stare:. Even gets a speaking line by the sound of it, which I'm sure is filled with profanity.

Don't watch Rebels Recon? They've made numerous jokes/reference to "Movie Star Chopper".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

RC Cola posted:

Give me Corran Horn though.
Wraith squadron was amazing too

No, please, no Stackpole Sues.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

At first I was curious as to if Iron Squadron would show up again with some character development now that Sato is dead, however given this is the last season and the small episode count (probably to pack as much budget into each episode as possible) I kinda doubt they will reappear as the focus of an episode.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I don't want Kanan to die, but that trailer might as well have been called "Three minutes of Kanan Death Flags" :ohdear:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Death Star being a massive resource hog is also a sensible explanation for why we don't see more TIE Defenders later. Especially if the heroes succeed in blowing up the Lothal factory.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

NTRabbit posted:

Also I imagine that Projects Stardust and Defender are competing with every other Imperial project for the budget left over after Project Sheev Pimp Mobile, aka the SSD

Nah, Death Star was #1. General Tagge gets pissy later bitching about how many SSDs could've been built for the resources thrown into that mini moon.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

A lot of people won't get the joke, but I like it. Especially given the focus of the latest thing they're working on. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Its real, but its not nesc litterally a SW: Rebels supplement, its just that rough time period and includes a lot of familiar things.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/7/11/dawn-of-rebellion/

• Locked thread