Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I've never read any old EU stuff but am expecting to enjoy Thrawn, assuming his writing is more than a series of nods to Zahn's books (I would be surprised if it falls into that trap).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I laughed pretty hard at Chopper almost-certainly blooping out "I have a bad feeling about this" as Zeb started dragging the droid back to base.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Boy, it seems like the rise of the Empire and the stuff with Satine and Maul really did a number on Mandalorian culture. They're basically unrecognisable from the pacifists we saw in The Clone Wars.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

While I have been enjoying these recent episodes, I will say I don't care nearly as much about ~MANDALORE~ as the show seems to want me to.

Honestly, I was more invested in the fate of Lothal and that place was a hole.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The imperial brass cracking down on the local authorities was a surprising turn. In particular my jaw dropped when the defecting minister was killed.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

You can tell Jango's not a real mandalorian because rather than telling Obi-Wan he's just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe, he would have gone on a long rant about the honour and strength of Mandalore.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

On that note, I liked how the non-management technicians spoke in an almost robotic monotone.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

tadashi posted:

I wasn't a huge fan at first but the storytelling in the show has been excellent. The way they tie together all of the Star Wars that came before the show, even pulling in successfully pulling in some elements of the EU, in a way that feels organic to the show is really impressive.

Yeah I have to admit, I was skeptical of the Thrawn announcement at the start of this season, but they way they've handled the guy, and made his art-critic nonsense a bit more believable has been pretty cool.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Chickenwalker posted:

Lucas was God in the Star Wars universe, so he was usually cognizant of the rules he'd already established, and at worst he tried to retcon things so that they made sense within G Canon. This was his story and he knew all the rules and if it seemed like he changed the rules well no, actually, he had always intended the rules to be that way.

I remember reading a post in one of these threads a while ago that really stuck with me about Lucas working on the Clone Wars story arc about a stealth-drive ship.

It was something about how one of writing staff quipped a line from Empire(?) saying "no ship that size has a stealth generator" and Lucas just paused for a beat and said "Well, this one does."

I think you could draw a few conclusions from that, but it amused me in a "this is my story, I make the rules" way.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

Darth Vader is really good and is one of the few non-OT properties to actually treat him like a character with vulnerabilities and fears, and not just the most badass fuckin walking tank in the galaxy (though there are those moments too).

It also has this amazing panel from an amazing dream sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Porgs will be the new Constable Zuvio

• Locked thread