Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Rewatching season 2 to get myself properly amped up for Saturday. Goddamn, Siege of Lothal is great.

This is also just one of the best fuckin' shots in recent Star Wars fiction, hope something this season can match it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Lovin' Sabine's new haircut and the slight change to Ezra's outfit, he looks a little less like he's wearing a onesie.

Oh god is that supposed to be Traya in the Holocron?! :stare:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Yeah, the Sith is a very specific religious doctrine, and unless Palp kept some secret adherents (not entirely out of the question, knowing him), it's for all intents and purposes destroyed.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Great drat episode, easily the best in S3 and probably top 5 in the series, Tiya Sircar can just kill it if they give her the opportunity to. Really looking forward to the rest of the season.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

What would the other 4 in your list be? Just curious.

In no particular order: Siege of Lothal, whatever the name of the first Yoda episode is, Twilight of the Apprentice, and Antilles Extraction.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Roth posted:

Black Sun are already canon, and Sabine's friend whose name escapes me is a memeber so Prince Xizor isn't such a stretch I think.

How much of Black Sun's leadership was killed off by Maul? They could use a power vacuum to show his rise to power.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

I have no idea why I'm sharing this fanart on this thread, but I was in an unpleasant mood until I spent 20 minutes laughing at the dumbest loving visual pun I've ever seen:

I'm giggling like an idiot now. Thank you.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Didn't one of the higher ups at the show, either Filoni or Hidalgo say they want to find a way to write Rex into being the old beardy commando during RotJ?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That was a solid Nihilus in the crowd shot.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Openly shipping Zeb and Kallus. Nice.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fuckin yoooooooo Warwick Davis as Ruhk!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Tiya looks on the verge of tears

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gaddamn, season 4 looks good.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hera's narration is making me think they're going to off Kanan and the next series will be Star Wars Resistance with Sabine and Ezra in the lead training a new generation during the rise of the First Order.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

With the Ghost appearing in Rogue One though I am kind of curious to see if Hera at least stays on with the Rebellion if she survives, or if someone else is theoretically in command of it at that point. Alternatively it's just a cameo with no meaning, but that's boring.

They mention a General Syndulla over the intercom in Rogue One. She's at least at Yavin, if not in the Ghost during Rogue One.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

So, sorry to barge in, but I just finished (the highlights of) the Clone Wars, and I was wondering if this show is a good follow up to it?

I was pretty impressed by the back half of the show, and I was really hoping Rebels could keep up that level of quality. I need my Star Wars fix

IMO the scope is much MUCH smaller, but the characters are pretty endearing and ultimately that's what I come to Star Wars for, entertaining characters being idiots in space.

EDIT:

Teek posted:

What about finally seeing Obi-Wan trying to get Owen to accept Anakin's saber and that argument.

We've had stuff pretty close to that in the Marvel run, namely Owen screaming at Obi-Wan that he's "killed enough Skywalkers, leave us alone."

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 5, 2017

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Mother Talzin? She dead.

Not Talzin, The Mother of the family from the Mortis arc, in Legends she was essentially was a Dark Side Lovecraft monster except not that great. Hopefully she's different this time.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That being said, the fact that Hera has an episode with possibly Rex on Endor for Forces of Destiny confirms she at least survives that long.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

What I don't dig is when a bunch of guys like Inferno Squadron get retconned into the ground battle on the moon of Endor and they end up everywhere except at the Deflector Shield generator bunker where they would have been most useful.

Video games shouldn't be made canon because you end up with stuff like that.

Chances are the reason's something like they were late or held up by Rebel fighters and didn't land until the bunker was already destroyed. That being said, overall yeah, stuff like this ends up creating weird things where they absolutely have to be away from the main cast. Like, I expect that scene with Luke to be her holding her gun to his head and then a couple quicktime events later, he's got a lightsaber pointed at her and peaces out to hang with Ben Solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

"Oh the Imperials You'll Kill" by Dr. Fulchrum.

• Locked thread