Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I love Thrawn's voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just realized the droid was Kalani from the Onderon episodes

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yup, IIRC he was even ordered to retreat to Agamar at the end of those episodes.

Man good memory on that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

banned from Starbucks posted:

This movie would have been so much better if it was the ghost crew instead of the boring characters we got.

Then they all would have died

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There is also the fact that to the Empire losing a Star Destroyer is probably less important then stubbing your toe to you. They have hundreds of thousands of them if not millions.

Rebels are a much more annoying thing to empire. Given that they are the ones who would wreck those Star Destroyers in the first place. The fact that Thrawn can narrow down the search for their base by a very large margin is a minor victory for him. Sure he would have liked it better if the Droid had just managed to report in or if the Star Destroyer had not been destroyed, but he is not going to be mad about his search being narrowed down.

From previews he plans on making his big move as devastating as he possibly can to the Rebel fleet as he is bring Interdictors into it so the Rebels can't run away.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gonz posted:

The internet tells me that Death Star I had between 1,186,295–1,206,293 total personnel (mission dependent), 342,953 of which were Imperial Navy and Army, and 25,984 of which were Stormtroopers. The rest were....????

And that Death Star II had 637,835 total personnel, but doesn't specify how that was broken down.
For a place that size. Faculty probably. They would needs tons of technicians and engineers. Medical Crew, people to serve food. An old canon book was about a bunch of people who were living on the Death Star. One of them was a cantina owner and her staff. Who ran one on the station.

Gonz posted:

So that means Luke murdered over a million people, and Lando and Nien Nunb murdered over 600,000.

Well Lando and Nien Nunb murdered way less then that. Unlike Death Star I, there was a good deal of warning that the second was going to blow up and they started evacuating once the shield went down.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Huh looking him up Lyste was in a lot of episodes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shbobdb posted:

I like how people who paid to have an avatar have ugly anime babe

Thats a flamboyant man you overly sensitive baby.

Like I don't even get what your complaining about. You mad that their going to do an episode on the forming of the Rebel Alliance under Mon Mothma.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 2, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheCenturion posted:

I also liked that Thrawn's SD was identified as the Chimera, and the two lizards on the artwork behind his desk are probably references to Ysalimiri.

Most of the Chimaera crew actually wear stylized Chimaera's on their person.

The ship itself does as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's kind of amazing just how effective the single Tie Defender was. They were not even able to destroy it in the end. Just temporarily disable it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also the Empire did not really take the Rebellion seriously with them attacking with only a few squads of fighters. It's why only like a few tie's were sent to deal with them. They felt the guns would take care of them. Had they sent out more fighters and bigger ships. They would have been forced to deal with much more resistance.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

radlum posted:

The episodes have been uploaded to YT.

They were good.

And The annoying prat Konstantine finally bit it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shbobdb posted:

Ben vs Maul was amazing. At the risk of sounding fanboyish, right now it is my favorite lightsaber fight from a technical and non-narrative point of view. Certainly my favorite fight since Jedi and possibly my favorite fight since Empire.

The finale was good. The whole bendu poo poo was dumb as gently caress and should have been completely removed but given that it was two lovely elements dxming each other I'll call it a wash.

I loved the old '60s design on Ezra's bubbletop space suit and the "Just like the rare toy that totally existed and I know because my cousin who lives in Canada has one" Boba Fett missile pack was just plain fun.

Man you do have terrible opinions you did not like Bendu.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shbobdb posted:

/
:Catgurl Animetar say:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shbobdb posted:

Who gives a gently caress about canon? I've explain why I dislike that concept in fiction. It's stifling and bad.

I actually really enjoy Star Wars and rarely get mad at it. You just happen to latch onto my complaints because some things are bad. You can like a thing while still thinking parts of thing-you-like are dumb as gently caress. The most recent season of Rebels just heavily enriched for "things I think are dumb as gently caress". Ventriss getting saved by the power of love like a shrinking violet is also dumb as gently caress and I'm glad it was left on the cutting room floor.

Yeah your opinions are bad.

Like from the sound of it you dislike the very fact that that this involves stuff from the canon. And are against established characters doing anything in this show. Cause thats what I get from you.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shbobdb posted:

/
:Anime-Catar-say:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Icon Of Sin posted:

This was the same guy that was responsible for the hammerhead corvettes when the rebels stole them

Lyst actually shows up a lot. He was the one who sized the farm, he was helping in the factory among other things

I think he has had around 8 appearances. Anyway with Kallus now open traitor Lyst will probably be released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I agree with Shbobdb on pretty much nothing.

I also hate that video.

• Locked thread