Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DancinBrud posted:

I hope we get to see Alan Rickmanbot again in S3.

He's definitely still around, he was in the background at the rebel base right at the end of Twilight of the Apprentice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

kingcom posted:

I hope we see his severed bottom half show up as a sith lord this season.

Well it is chock-full of midichlorians

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Moon Slayer posted:

Hell, tell me you wouldn't watch a police procedural set in the Star Wars universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcoZBDIPDP8

LongDarkNight posted:

Remembers last time Star Wars and singing were combined. *screams silently*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqpMr8Nwhi4

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vintersorg posted:

Unsure where anything is heading.

Well, apart from the obvious "Thrawn bides his times .... and bides his time .... and bides his time .... and then makes a single move on the metaphorical chessboard and puts everyone in check."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Goddamn there's a lot of TIE variants

I don't think that's even all of them.

The TIE crawler is just adorable. :allears:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DancinBrud posted:

Wondering if he just wants to kill Kenobi, or if he wants to team up with him for revenge on Palpatine before killing him.

Maybe he wants to challenge him to a foot race so he can show off his fancy robolegs.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Chickenwalker posted:

Jesus the internet is just a giant pit of stupid.

A Sarlacc of Senselessness, if you will.

Edit: but is it the original Sarlacc or the Special Edition chompy Sarlacc???? :ohdear:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gaz-L posted:

The thing is that we know Anakin gets redeemed in the end, so he needs to feel sympathetic to some extent. I think they thought the forbidden love angle was enough, but it's executed so poorly that Anakin comes off alternately as an abusive boyfriend who SHOULDN'T be in a relationship and as a total Nice Guy dink who does not understand how the hu-man girl works.

No one in the Prequels understands how hu-man girls work.

Did Inadequate Women’s Healthcare Destroy Star Wars’ Old Republic?

quote:

Shortly after Padme announces to him that she’s pregnant, Anakin has a dream that she dies while giving birth. The dream feels similar the same one he had about his mother before she died. “It’s just a dream, honey,” Padme tells him the next morning. “Yeah, okay,” he replies, but the man never regains his chill.

He seriously spends two hours of the movie freaking out about his wife’s uterus, and hypes himself up so much that he gets to the point of slaughtering tiny tots in a Jedi temple. All because he can’t think of another way to save Padme from reproductive health complications.

Why didn’t they just go to a goddamned obstetrician-gynecologist?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rocksicles posted:

If I had a space ship I'd have one.

Be murder on the Subaru though

Nah you just gotta keep 'em in their place

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Teek posted:

Maul isn't a Jedi, and Ahsoka isn't one either per the order and her own beliefs.

You then also have the non-Jedi Force users in the galaxy who don't count either, i.e. Maz, Chirrut, etc..

There's also all those Inquisitors which adds up to a whooole bunch of people running around with lightsabers who aren't aren't Jedi or Sith.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aphrodite posted:

All the ones who have appeared are dead but based on their names there should be a few more.

They could already be dead though.

Emperor Palpatine: "Spray paint the numbers 1, 2 and 4 on the sides of three Inquisitors and release them in the Lothal system, the Rebels will go nuts trying to find Inquisitor number three!"
Lord Vader: "It will be done, my master."

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 10, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jedi Order, Rebel Alliance, Sabine's Starbird symbol

Edit: according to Wookieepedia:

quote:

The Alliance Starbird, also known as the Phoenix, was the insignia of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. It adorned the flight helmets of a number of Rebel pilots during the Galactic Civil War. It was based on the Marek family crest.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alliance_Starbird

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 12, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

tribbledirigible posted:

It was also a nice homage to the Mcquarrie concept art for C-3PO.

The whole episode was a bunch of homage to McQuarrie's concept art having a wacky adventure together, starting with with proto-C3PO fighting the spider monsters.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gaz-L posted:

I'd make a snarky comment about the white guy with the fascists secretly being the real victim, but... well... the real world is making that narrative seem depressingly like something people would actually buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Gz_iTuRMM

Edit: "From my perspective, the Miyagi dojo are evil!"

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 24, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There's a Chopper alarm clock, a plush Chopper, a Hallmark Xmas tree decoration, a lovely Hot Wheels toy ....
There's merch out there, I think it's just hard to find.

If you've got access to a colour printer you could always make your own!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Those shots of the Star Destroyers getting eaten away by the nebula were gorgeous.

drunkill posted:

That was a pretty cool episode.

But Shbobdb assured us that it was going to be actively bad poo poo that no one cares about!!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

General Dog posted:

Yup, just came to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NNaj5YUxco

The reaction shots are the fans

The dialogue immediately after that is apropos as well.

"That was badassss!"
"Shut up nerds!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pops Mgee posted:

Thought for sure that when Kanan, Zeb, and Rex were running from the walkers and troopers through the caves, they were gonna lead them to a nest of spiders. Oh well. Bendu stuff was still weird and good.

That would have been a nice nod to the deleted Wampa scenes from the Imperial attack on Hoth base in Empire Strikes Back

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

enraged_camel posted:

I guess I'm a couple of weeks late to the finale, but... I can't believe they just deus ex machina'd the ending like that, with Baidu going FORCE GOD on everyone and rescuing the rebels.

He would've kicked them out as well if they hadn't already scarpered. He was telling everyone to get off his lawn regardless of what side they were on. :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Bendu the Force Moose :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Woke up this morning
You got a forest moon in your eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

NTRabbit posted:

Also Kenobi belatedly killed Maul in three moves, don't forget

He pretty much defeated him when he changed to Qui Gonn's opening stance, it was a foregone conclusion from that point. :v:

• Locked thread