Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I bought the Inquisitor's TIE and the Ghost expansion (Ghost + attack shuttle) from X-Wangs in preparation for this season, and probably gonna get Sabine's painted TIE, Shadowcaster, and the Protectorate Fighter when they're out/I can afford it. Oh, also all the Armada ships that have been in the show that are coming out, like the Cruiser and Phoenix Home.

poo poo's just that rad.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Vitamin P posted:

I just hope Thrawn keeps the dopey art analysis and the Sherlock Holmes-ian smug explanations.

I don't, because it sounds like EU rear end, and Rebels has done a good job of avoiding all the ridiculous poo poo that now only appears on wookiepedia and salty NOT MY CANON forums.

He can keep the wins though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

drunkill posted:

Neat promo poster. Thrawn gets his own custom Star Destroyer/paint job too.

Although I'm still not a fan of the Irina Spalko design for Governor Pryce

Speak for yourself :wiggle:

i see Konstantine is still in it, so he hasn't been transferred, they just brought Thrawn in over his head

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

He's got a great agent

Was kinda hoping Thrawn would be in something like a custom Victory, because the ISD is too cumbersome for quick responses to Rebel movements, but at least we got to see a model of a Venator on the display shelf behind Tarkin in his office.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 23, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I think the more fun question is, if well over half of Phoenix Fleet, ie everything bar the hamerheads and maybe a CR-90, is too small fry because Thrawn wants the whole rebel fleet, what the hell is waiting out there for Thrawn to hunt, and Phoenix to lead him to this season?

Good to see the return of the mining guild, with their TIEs and a new larger ship, which is pleasing news for FFG and Star Wars: X-Wing

Also The Bendu has an epic voice

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The way they handled Thrawn's rank seemed like a good compromise between making the story of now good, and keeping fans of the EU story semi-happy.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Arcsquad12 posted:

Kallus's suspicion at his promotion for such an act makes Thrawn's rise appear questionable.

I don't think that look is Kallus being suspicious that Thrawn didn't really do what he said to get his promotion. I think that look is one of distaste, as Kallus has been reexamining what he was ordered to do by Vader on Lothal, and his part in the Lasat genocide, through the lens of what he discovered on Geonosis, and his time with Zeb - an entire world, which was a major Imperial ally, and had no rebellion of any kind, exterminated as a security measure, and nobody cared.

I think that look was this season's step 1 on Kallus' path to becoming the new Fulcrum.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Doesn't have the balls sticking out the bottom, plus we've already seen the Empire's very first Interdictor prototype, so new that Phoenix didn't believe such a thing could exist, and it's a different shape again

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Watching Clone Wars should help explain who this random jedi woman you've never heard of before is, and how she crumps inquisitors and goes toe to toe with Vader like even Maul won't do.

It'll also explain Sabine's family connections that were just brushed on in the Concord Dawn episode, and the thing between Maul and Mandalorians, since all of that is gonna be important in Rebels S3

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Covok posted:

I swear those episodes were written by five different people without consulting with one another. It just goes to so many different places in a very small time.

Noticed that James Arnold Taylor shows up with a credit for Star Wars Rebels if you google "Obi-Wan voice actor."

He's already appeared in Rebels, Kanan played the post-order 66 emergency broadcast by Obi-Wan from the Jedi Temple, using the Holocron, for Ezra if you recall

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Snoke is Maz Kanata's brother, because Abrams is an ordinary director who, as his own writer, has no setting between blindingly obvious and utterly incomprehensible

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It might also refer to Skywalker, since Maul still doesn't know who Vader is underneath the mask - near as I can tell only Palpatine, Tarkin, Yoda, Obi-wan, Ahsoka, and Ezra know that secret, and Ezra might not have heard it properly - but he does still have beef with Anakin, albeit not as much as he does with Kenobi, and he'd be super beefy to learn that Anakin is sitting in his chair at the Sith table

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 3, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Galaga Galaxian posted:

TIEs have basic life support now. TIE pilots wear sealed suits for safety reasons.

Also the dehumanising reason, which is why they were supposed to keep the helmets and suits on even on the base, and only refer to each other by number, not name.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

If you stop the new Rogue One trailer at 1:59, top of the screen between the near and far X-Wings, and undearneath a partially in frame Nebulon, is one of the Hammerhead corvettes

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 13, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Technically speaking they've only ever had one capital ship, and even when being very generous with your classifications the the Quasar Fire is a really small one :mil101:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

This is the ship Bioware made for KotoR

The ship in Rebels is an homage to that design, and quite a bit smaller

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They haven't actually specified a manufacturer for the Hammerhead yet

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

drunkill posted:

Thrawn should have blasted them out of the air, the Y-wings were tracked, no need to let the crew of the Ghost get away and wreck the Empire another day.

He lets them go because he doesn't just want the Ghost crew, he doesn't even want just Phoenix squadron, he wants everyone that's about to appear in Rogue One, and he's poking and prodding them while trying to formulate a way to get the Spectres and Phoenix to lead him to the big prize.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Covok posted:

You know, while Star Wars machine intelligence is limited in some ways, this Super Tactical Droid is probably highly intelligent. I get the whole "gently caress the seperatists" thing that the Empire has going, but I'm surprise they just threw all these things in the trash. Seems like it'd be easier to run an army of droids than an army of people who are constantly afraid of being chocked out by Darth Vader.

Anyone not in the Imperial army or navy is left to sit at home where they could, potentially, join or foment rebellion. Sign them up, and assign them to posts nowhere near their homes, even if they're an ordinary conscript army they're in position where they have no connection to the locals, and will obey orders out of fear, indifference, or whatever, while at the same time aren't at home to resist the soldiers from around the galaxy occupying their home.

It's the Roman army with spaceships and blasters.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's a small thing, but I really like the noise the Ghost makes as it exits hyperspace. Also Chopper was uncomfortably happy finding a crate full of explosives the previous episode.

More Mandalore next episode, with the return of Lucius Vorenus Fenn Rau

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 24, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

sportsgenius86 posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the whole point of that was to be cheeky because Ezra was loving with the Super Tactical Droid.

Yeah but more importantly did he ever find out who Roger was?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzZJ_GZXhQ

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

3 x 09 is obviously the one with the Hondo "riches untold" quote from the trailer

Also it'd be great if 3 x 08 was the introduction of Porkins :haw:, but more Wedge would be ok too I guess

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

I thought it's been fairly obvious since the first episode that Kanan and Hera are a thing.

Yeah I mean, they did a whole episode about Kanan meeting his girlfriend's father

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I like the modifications to the Phantom II, I think it's even got the Blade Wing painted on the cut down fin; I want to see what it looks like docked with the Ghost, and where it docks.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Covok posted:

I didn't follow Legends. To me, it's this dense, multidecade spanning mess of multiple authors writing in the same universe with little to no guiding hand keeping things together. It feels like a dense mess that I chip away at learning over time due to a morbid sense of curiosity.

So, consider me a bit of a neophyte.

What were the other Legends' Mandalorians like?

They came from KotoR, where they were a space faring warrior culture who went around conquering nearby worlds, before they started doing it to Republic worlds and ended up in a war against the Jedi led republic armies, which they eventually lost. Pretty much everything Mandalorian in the new canon has been carefully taken and adapted from KotoR and KotoR II, and none of the other legends stuff.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 7, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Superstring posted:

It's probably all stuff from his old tabletop campaign.

Preview for the next ep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmqBTRH2RAY

There's another bit at the end of Rebels Recon as well, this is the episode with the YT2400 in it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Covok posted:

Dash Rendar was in the special edition of A New Hope. So, there is that.

Are you sure about that? The freighter type is in the background of a shot, but that's all, and the wiki says the character is legends only

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

kefkafloyd posted:

The Outrider is seen departing Mos Eisley, but Rendar himself was not visible. He could have been piloting it, he might not have been, nobody knows.

Apparently it was never specified as the Outrider, it's just a freighter briefly seen on screen, so Rendar and Outrider are both legends only

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Well Filoni already said no when people asked for him, so I wouldn't hold your breath

But Filoni shut that down, too. “No,” he said, turning to Rebels voice actors Sam Witwer and Tiya Sircar. “See what I have to deal with? Every little thing.” He confirmed that an Outrider-style ship was dropped into the trailer as an homage, but that Rendar would not be making an appearance. “It’s a very similar, similar, similar ship,” Filoni said. The designer who created it for the Lucasarts game now works on the show, he said, so she got to reintroduce it in the series.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 8, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MadDogMike posted:

First, it's YT-2000, not 2100 :spergin:, second yeah, I think the Ghost's model is supposed to be much bigger than most of the other freighters (like about a quarter size bigger I think).

Also apparently they did put the YT-2000 in, it appeared in Rebels supporting material as an original story comic series in a magazine

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Darth Bane is the oldest named Sith, everything earlier than that for jedi and sith is an in universe legend, like the reliefs on Mandalore, and the dust statues on Malachor

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Woebin posted:

Does the Sith species still exist in current canon?

Apparently not, Sith are just schismatic jedi from the before time, in the long long ago, per some of the new comics which I haven't read.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 10, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There haven't bee enough appearances from the stable of bounty hunters in Rebels, just Bossk in a book, and Sabine's buddy bounty hunter turned rebel Ketsu Onyo.

Plenty of memorable ones from Clone Wars they can use as well.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

According to the NuCanon, the Imperial Office of Criminal Investigation authorises the Bounty Hunter's Guild to issue Imperial Peace-Keeping certificates, one of which was stolen from Bossk by Ezra in a young adult novel

Granted I lift this stuff from wookiepedia

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 12, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They've improved the detail on the Light Cruiser model, it looked really good in the side on shots, I think they might've even done the same for the Gozanti too.

And Ghost still makes the raddest hyper space exit sound. Chills when Thrawn's ISD drops out of hyperspace on top of them, love the way they do it rather tha just making it appear.

Also the Liberator shredding that Gozantil, and then speeding past the Cruiser and slamming its rear arc with broadsides, the supposed tactical advantage vs disadvantage the Rebels have over the Imperials but they never quite manage to show, until now at least

howe_sam posted:

Chopper "repairing" that hyperdrive unit by banging on it with a hammer made me laugh a lot.

In my head Chopper's droid speak uses the word "motherfucker" at least once every sentence. Also that headbutt right at the last second, classic chopper.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Nov 20, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I think the kid was intentionally as annoying as possible to show how much growth Ezra's been through. I guess?

I assumed that was the case with Zeb's line "a ship full of Ezras", and that it was Ezra trying to talk them around rather than Hera.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Woebin posted:

Maybe it's because the camera work is better

I've found that the Rebels spaceship camera work shits all over whatever they thought they were doing in TFA, and is certainly the best in any Star Wars since they went CG.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

giant mountain buffalo force guru with an epic voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

ShineDog posted:

I really hate how everyone in rebels has really weak mushy poorly defined shoulders. Just arms sticking out of a torso.

• Locked thread