Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'm quite partial to the Mandalorian Fang Fighters used by the protectors

Covok posted:

Favorite ship? That is a toughie. Wish the Hammerhead premiered there and not Rogue One because that ship is balla' as hell.

Yes, I know it was in KOTOR, but I mean canon-wise.

The Hammerhead premiered on Rebels in season 2, January '16, not Rogue One, so you're fine to pick it. The Hammerheads appearing in Rogue One was one of the exciting connections to Rebels, because they were first spotted in that trailer that came out only a few months after we'd seen them in Rebels.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

LongDarkNight posted:

I really like the Gozanti cruisers. It's cool to see a non-wedge shaped Imperial ship and it's multi-role capabilities are neat.

Oh yeah, I really liked that SIGINT Gozanti

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I don't like Kylo Ren as a villain, I don't like TFA, and I don't think JJ Abrams is any good as a director, he's especially bad at doing space scifi. TFA just had way too many problems for me to like it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Fortunately Abrams isn't directing this one, or the next one, so hopefully they'll turn out to be better than the mess TFA was

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Funky Valentine posted:

Clone Wars is the story of how Anakin gradually worked on his issues and became a great friend, husband, Space Dad, and Jedi.

And then how the Council blew all that to hell with one decision.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm interested in seeing if Kallus is still in the show next season and, if so, what his role is, and what changes they make to his character design in getting rid of his ISB uniform. I hope he stays, it'd be interesting to see how someone like Kallus finds a way to fit in with the mainstream of Rebel command

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The return of Bo-Katan Kryze, leader of the Night Owls and House Kryze, looks like she'll be the one they back to reunify Mandalore against the Empire

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Looks like those X-Wings might be Blue Squadron.

Could also be Green Squadron, they lost all their Y wings at Atollon, and were in X Wings at Scarif, the colour is more green to my eyes.

Y wings behind them too, so probably Gold Squadron.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Aces High posted:

Maybe we will see some "well they blew up the Death Star but we still have so many Star Destroyers" resolution

The SW Battlefield II trailer also came out, and while they're not considered cannon, it shows the surviving Star Destroyer fleet leaving the Death Star debris field and jumping to hyperspace - which eventually leads to Jakku, the story of which is in novels I think, or comics.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

jivjov posted:

The story of Battlefront II is going to be canonical, actually.

I didn't explain myself properly - the 'events' in the game that you control, ie every time you teabag some dipshit called xXx_DaRtH*EmPeRoR_xXx in white armour who can't shoot straight, aren't cannon, but yeah the underlying, immutable stories are.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Apr 16, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MrJacobs posted:

It showed them as a couple. and has Jar Jar in it because it's a kids show, and kids liked Jar Jar. Also it's very violent.

It did, but nowhere near as bad as the chemistry-free romp in the hillside as AotC, or the confusingly unsupported angst of RotS

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

DancinBrud posted:

Plus it very purposefully highlighted Windu's insufferable Jedi arrogance, which I appreciated.

Yeah, and showing how fantastic he was at all the physical Jedi abilities also helped to highlight how staggeringly incompetent he was at the more contemplative stuff.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 3, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Vader can't do the flippy bullshit anymore, so they showed how he was now all about overwhelming power while fighting against Ahsoka, who was more about speed and highly refined technique. Vader was brutally bending the force to his will, Ahsoka flowing with the force, etc

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shbobdb posted:

You mean you saw her falling down, representing her death.

No? I saw an alive Ahsoka walking down a set of stairs as an alive Vader limped across the planet surface, never at any stage looked like they were trying to say she was dead.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shbobdb posted:

You are bad at watching TV.

Given you're the only person here who thinks a living person walking down a flight of stairs was a dead person falling down, I think we can safely ascertain you're the one who is pretty poo poo at watching TV.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Except, you know, she didn't actually fall, she was walking down a flight of stairs. How dense do you have to be to confuse the two? Or are you just making poo poo up so you can have another whine about the evils of connected universes?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Daaaaaaaaaamn :stare:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I can hear them both saying those lines, which is enough for me :3:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The hug he never got on D'Qar

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Dave Syndrome posted:

No idea if Catherine Taber is voicing Padmé again

Certainly sounds like her

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Covok posted:

I liked it, but I have to say that was a very subtle plan. Like, the bomb made sense, but the "use utensils to subtly insult them didn't." I guess the implication was "try to make them leave on their own through a casual insult and, if that don't work, blow it all to hell."

I read it as the assassin didn't know the appropriate protocol, and sticking the utensils out there like any other dinner, in error, is what gave her away to Padme

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

He liked the Speed Racer movie

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

twistedmentat posted:

I saw some more realistic Rebels art today and I never thought of Sabine being asian, but I guess that makes sense.

I always thought she was, seemed like a conscious decision they'd made by the shape of her eyes, and some other features

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Sep 1, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

twistedmentat posted:

It was in a youtube video but i'm sure I can find the image

Well, everyone but Zeb is realistic.

It's just never something I thought about, mostly because of the art style. Even thought Sato is very clearly Asian.

Chopper wasn't even included in the picture, someone's gonna get cut :ese:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Kenobi has:

1. Experience in leading a war. The man was one of the most successful Jedi generals during the Clone Wars, with quite a battle-winning resume. He's invaluable as an officer.

2. Going off that, fame. Kenobi was well known, and him coming back from the dead to fight for the rebels would be a morale and PR coup.

Also Kenobi belatedly killed Maul in three moves, don't forget

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also I imagine that Projects Stardust and Defender are competing with every other Imperial project for the budget left over after Project Sheev Pimp Mobile, aka the SSD

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

IronSaber posted:

Huh, so JJ Abrams will helm Episode IX. Is this a good thing? I mean, I enjoyed TFA, but I'm not sure if I am prepared for this much JJ in my SW.

JJ Abrams is not a good director and I thought TFA was a thoroughly ordinary movie that reflected this, so in my opinion no.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ghetto Prince posted:

Although ,deep down , I realize that I'm in my 20's and still watching Star Wars cartoons, so I'll probably watch any crap they churn out.

Ease up on yourself, you're probably the youngest person here

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Neddy Seagoon posted:

TFA was a VERY safe movie(I quite liked it), but I kinda think it had to be due to setting the tone for everything after it long-term for the franchise (ie; "It's not gonna be the Prequel Trilogy again, we SWEAR!").

Even if we were to concede that, he still botched up all the space and spaceship stuff just as badly as he did in Star Trek into Darkness, so not only did we have the superlaser firing that was so badly conceived it broke suspension of disbelief in a universe with space wizards, but he totally missed the point about Star Destroyers and what people like about them - he showed the close up scenes of the Tantive IV being swallowed and the Falcon attached to the back of the bridge, but didn't give us a single one of the follow up/preceding shots with the Destroyer in full majesty. To this day there's no on screen proof that Ren's Star Destroyer is even the same ship as the 3D model in promotional material, you never get to see it.

Rogue One got the space scenes perfect - a good balance between close ups of the fighters zooming around big stuff, and long shots of the capital ships doing their thing, and all shot really well.

Rocksicles posted:

Gareth Edwards

George Miller

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Sep 13, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Disney needed a Star Wars toy in the 2-8 year old category

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They will be background creatures, one will be a pet of some kind that Rey scratches on the head, and that will be the extent of their appearance in the movie. 4 weeks before Xmas, 500 million Porg toys and 0 Rey toys will be put on shelves worldwide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Does that make Chopper Steve McQueen? :haw:

• Locked thread