Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm not quite a fan of thrawn's explanation for his promotion to grand admiral. Massacring civilians to capture a rebel cell doesn't seem like his style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Thrawn is ruthless but he was never presented as a butcher. What would he gain by killing civilians? Kallus's suspicion at his promotion for such an act makes Thrawn's rise appear questionable. It's a minor nitpick, but a massacre is more in line with Tarkin's terror tactics. Thrawn has always ruled through manipulation and encouragement than fear.

I'm reminded of pong krell being considered an effective general despite his terribly planned assaults intentionally getting clones killed

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 26, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Kreia best blind force user. Hammiest blind jedi is Jerec, and I just realized how awesome it would be if Jerec would appear on the show during his inquisitor days.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If only I didn't hate witwer's "help my balls are caught in a vice grip" voice, I would like him a lot more. He seems like a genuinely friendly guy, but his Darth maul gollum, and emo star killer and son voices really grate me. Just let him talk normally and he'd be fine.

Of course he is nowhere near as irritating as cat Taber, but padme is thankfully dead.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Filoni is supervisor for all star wars animation projects. Forces of Destiny is next and after that who knows.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Still wish this show had an actual budget like Clone Wars did. Starfighter combat in particular looks like they're flying through molasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

IronSaber posted:

I think it more to fit the style of Episode IV's space combat, which was a little slow at the time.

That's not really true at all. ANH redefined speed and spaceships in film history. There was a huge emphasis on how fast the fighters were traveling, especially in the cockpit pov shots.
I haven't seen one space battle in Rebels that matches even the first season of the clone wars. This show has its moments but space combat us not one of them

• Locked thread