Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

kefkafloyd posted:

Oh hey, new thread! New trailers! As much as I liked Asohka the show won't be living in her shadow this season and I'm ready for the crew to face new challenges. I wasn't as big of a fan of Thrawn as some of my friends but these writers seem in tune with his character and he'll make a good addition to the show. If he can be the Deathshead of this series, I'll be very happy.

I just hope Thrawn keeps the dopey art analysis and the Sherlock Holmes-ian smug explanations. Honestly the Empire could stand to be a little more frightening too so hopefully he'll get some big wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Chickenwalker posted:

This and the TIE uglies that were mixed with X-Wings are some of the worst parts of the EU. Really I think the only old EU I really liked was the Dark Horse stuff. The books were all awful.

The uglies were the worst idea in the entire EU. Make the setting seem small and also that's not how complex machinery works dammit.

It's stupid thematically too. You know what fighters criminals should be using? TIE fighters. There are a lot of TIE fighters out there, because the Empire was Bad.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

EVIL NOONER posted:

i'm not shocked tbh. imperials don't like working with bounty hunters and it was somewhat of a desperate measure that the empire employed them. and that was for a famous hero of a united rebellion.

Specifically, it was Vader who hired them. The Empire true believers wouldn't do it, it denies that the Empire is all powerful.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Lando ran Cloud City, he obviously has organisational skills, and probably bought a shitload of connections and resources with him. He's more than just a pretty face.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
In new canon there are other jedi running around that we haven't seen, just from the existence of the jedi hunting Inquisitor organisation. You don't create a group to do a task that doesn't need doing.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

What arc would he need other than Vader travels the galaxy, murders everyone.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Aphrodite posted:

Why would you build an inaccurate robot?!

Maybe the droids don't want to kill people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Chickenwalker posted:

If the Death Star was ever what it was supposed to be though, however many SSDs would have been pointless. It's a weapon that can destroy entire planets before you can mount any kind of defense against it, and will kill a capital ship of any size or strength. It really was the fictional equivalent of a nuke, collateral damage and all.

Yeah the Death Star is mythic, god-like power, it's the angry eye of the eternal Emperor. Militarily a SSD over every populated planet would probably be more effective but that's not what Palpatine wanted.

• Locked thread