Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

zVxTeflon posted:

Is this the last season or are they doing more?

Freddie Prinz Jr has said they are already recording for Season 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Ezra's face when Hondo is around is the greatest, he just totally buys into Hondo-madness

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, but so was the Rebellion for the first two movies, and even in the third all you've got alienwise is Ackbar and his staff, Lando's Copilot, and a reference to "Bothans" who, being just a name, aren't necessarily aliens if the three movies exist in a vacuum.

I guess the Rebellion did have a handful of women scattered around.

Do you need more than that? Ackbar and a bunch of weird aliens are the main crew of the capital fleet. A black general is leading the assault with his alien copilots. A woman is part of a landing team that features 2 aliens. A network of alien spies are responsible for the information on the attack. In the attack itself there is a black x-wing pilot. The empire is defeated with the help of an indigenous alien population. I mean I think just having Ackbar and his fleet alone is enough to signal the multiculturalism of the rebellion vs the all white men all the time nature of the Empire. Especially when we go from: multiracial republic in the prequels downfall into old white bureaucrats and nazi officers.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

DurosKlav posted:

How the hell did Lando even get made a General like 5 minutes after he joined the Rebellion? Han using his influence to land cushy gigs for his buddies? Seems a bit irresponsible to give such an important command to a new guy purely because Solo said "He's cool. He's with me."

You didn't see his maneuver at the battle of taanab?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

bunnyofdoom posted:

Nah. They'll all be taken out by Wedge Antilles. Flying a ywing.

The Ywing is the cadillac of the stars :colbert: Of course it chumps defenders

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
According to ew there are actually a couple of rebels references in rogue one. Hype status: plaid

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Zeb's bo-rifle is different from the Light Bow Chirrut uses. Zeb's becomes an electric quarter staff. Chirrut's walking stick was separate from the light bow.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

PST posted:

Zeb+Chopper+AP-5 felt like a filler until the end, but then fell into the typical Thrawn 'just as planned' type resolution. Also nice to see the imperial droid transform and go all terminator mode.

I actually liked the logic Thrawn used at the end. Felt like a pretty good resolution that made a lot of sense.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The real mandalorians were the friends they made along the way

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
gold leader's my boy. My AOL screenname used to be GoldLead0

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Aces High posted:

it's all different when it comes to "this is the formation of the Rebellion". I considered what happened at the end of Rogue One as "this is the first time the Rebellion acts as an alliance instead of as a bunch of different cells doing different things and reporting the findings back to Base 1" and the ending here is basically Mon Mothma admitting straight up "so you heard about us forming an alliance? Here's what we have so far" as all of the ships drop out of HS.

Also was it just a framing thing because it looked like the Hammerheads were larger than the Nebulon Frigates and if so :psyduck:

Mon mothma is at yavin already by rogue one, same with the ghost. They specifically mention and show a council of the different factions requiring unanimous agreement to strike at the empire. Its pretty clear the rebellion is formed quite a bit by then.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Hera blowing up those nerds was ice cold. drat.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I can't wait to see adorable CGI Admiral Raddus and CGI Cassian Andor and CGI General Draven and CGI General Merrick next season

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

IronSaber posted:

So I only heard about this second hand and couldn't find any immediate footage, but... Dave confirmed that Ahsoka was still alive?

When they darkened the theater to show either the trailer or the preview first episode he changed his shirt (which said "Ahsoka Lives?) to a shirt that said "Ahsoka Lives !"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Cross-Section posted:

So hopefully no filler.

There is going to be at least 1 chopper episode right near the end

• Locked thread