Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Colonial Air Force posted:

I was hoping Maarek Stele would show up.

Also, a bit predictable this last episode, but still good. I mean, "It's Wedge! It's Hobbie! It's some guy I've never heard of! I wonder if one of them is going to die...."

yeah this is how prequels work. jfc.

heres another spoiler: the empire loses and the death stars get blown up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
is it really plot armor when you keep character alive while telling a story that happens chronologically before their other appearances

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Colonial Air Force posted:

Well, it's some kind of armor, anyway.

cortosis

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

kingcom posted:

Yes its absolutely plot armour. You know the plot of this story and the next require this person to survive therefore any action they take is completely without threat or consequence.

you are very wrong about this, but dont worry about it.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
i haven't really liked any of the trailers or anything i've seen for rogue one

but i thought TPM had a pretty rad trailer and we all know how that turned out so i'm still hoping i'll enjoy it

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

jivjov posted:

Pretty rad trailer = pretty rad movie?

why are you setting yourself up for pain & suffering :argh:

NO IT WAS BAD

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

AndyElusive posted:

Rogue One trailers have been awesome thus far.

What a loving fickle bunch of PTSD fans. What do they need to do to impress Star Wars fans these days?

? I really liked force awakens and its trailers. i dont enjoy the rogue one stuff. sorry this seems to personally offend you lmao.

actually, i'm not sorry at all but before you curse and accuse people of being mentally ill perhaps you should relax and take a deep breath.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

IronSaber posted:

Ah yes, I forgot about Space Fascism. :v:

fascism? in MYYYYYYY space??? minions of xendor!!!

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

TheCenturion posted:

She states pretty unequivocally that she's no Jedi. Rebels seems to be getting pretty heavily into the whole 'Jedi/Sith are but one way of approaching the Force' in order to have Force-users a-plenty while still allowing Luke to be Last of the Jedi. It's the whole 'from a certain point of view' thing.

Think of it as Luke being the last US Marine, but man, there sure are a whole lot of US Special Ops, Delta Force, Airborne, SAS, GSG-9, SEALs, etc etc running around.

how did you write this post without throwing up, this is terrible don't ever do this again

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

bunnyofdoom posted:

Eitehr you are talking about the musical number at the end of TPM, or...if I am right, Carrie Fischer's coked out rendition of the never before or since heard lyrics to the Star Wars theme song in the holiday special

i had that on VHS for a long time and then lost it

womp womp

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Covok posted:

Wookies were enslaves by the Empire.

so was ackbar

also wookiees*

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

NTRabbit posted:

Yeah but more importantly did he ever find out who Roger was?

came here to laugh about this airplane joke

i thought the whole episode was hilarious and good

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Covok posted:

Sith can't become force ghosts. *adjusts nerd glasses*

he simply needs a redemption a la anakin skywalker

*punches glasses off your face*

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
haha! kevin mckidd and ray stevenson. no wonder i felt like i sensed a presence...

thats great.

THIRTEEN!!!

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
pretty sure i cried when i saw that the first time

maybe the second time too idk

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

tsob posted:

What reference am I not getting?

its like if you took game of thrones, but removed the fact that its bad, and the tv show was actually cool & good

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Covok posted:

So, what I'm getting from all this is that Bobba Fett's costume looked so cool that Legends made an entire culture of badasses who all wore the armor and were badasses together. And that is okay when you're 13, but, when you get older, you realize its kind of Mary Sue and gets boring and now we're glad that, while still a warrior culture, they're not "so awesomez, so OP."

Am I following legends vs nucannon mandlorian chat properly?

lol i mean, lets not pretend that theres only one depiction of boba fett or mandalorians in legends canon pls

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

NTRabbit posted:

They came from KotoR, where they were a space faring warrior culture who went around conquering nearby worlds, before they started doing it to Republic worlds and ended up in a war against the Jedi led republic armies, which they eventually lost. Pretty much everything Mandalorian in the new canon has been carefully taken and adapted from KotoR and KotoR II, and none of the other legends stuff.

mandalorians have been in star wars canon before kotor

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
She was just trying to save the erotic fiction writers some time and effort

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

bunnyofdoom posted:

He's reasonably popular in xwing circles cause he's a good choice on the table if built right.

lmao

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
For now

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
Better than any VIRAXO pilot

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

TheBigBad posted:

You're not gonna live to see the last Star Wars movie.

dang dude

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

whats that from lol

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
i personally am not so into the jedi/sith stuff in star wars though i get its real popular among kids and other people

i like dashing rendars and hammy solos

also scummy villains

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
zuckus is nothing without 4-LOM, you hear me??? NOTHING!!

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
i'm not shocked tbh. imperials don't like working with bounty hunters and it was somewhat of a desperate measure that the empire employed them. and that was for a famous hero of a united rebellion.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
Defiant Proclamation: HK-47 is still fully functioning and as such theres no reason he cant appear himself. Meatbag. :colbert:

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
vader knew how to get poo poo done

he could have made the empire great again

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
ive been reading that tarkin book and its solid but i think i should re-read scoundrels

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

NowonSA posted:

Tarkin and scoundrels both get a thumbs up by me, I actually stumbled on Scoundrels at my library and was like oh wow, new Zahn? Set between New Hope and Empire and it's Ocean's Eleven with Han and Lando? Let's go.

yeah i remember it being refreshing that it was a star wars story that could have taken place in any other setting and worked fine too

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

PlisskensEyePatch posted:

Pretty sure that's Tales of the Bounty Hunters. It sticks out as being the only cool story in the collection. Tales from the Cantina was a lot of really weird stuff as I remember it. The Greedo story is super cyberpunk. Then the bartender makes Greedo into cider? The only thing I remember being kinda good from the Cantina collection is the one with Pig Nose and Walrus Face guy.

uhm pardon me thats dr. evazan and ponda baba

which also apparently have cameos in rogue one ffs.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

PlisskensEyePatch posted:

I honestly tried to think of the names. Then I realized, like actually fully realized, that was 20 years ago and now I'm old.

Hadn't heard of cameos for them. Wonder if we'll see what happened to the dudes face? I never really thought of them needing a backstory. To me they were basically just what Han and Chewie would be like if they were Chaotic Evil.

every single thing you see in chalmun's cantina has a back story.

every. single. thing.

including the droid detector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

NowonSA posted:

Ah dammit you're right it's Tales of the Bounty Hunters, been forever since I read it. The Fett one is obviously the coolest there, of course, but I remember liking the others just fine too.

I have all these books still, i actually have probably every eu book written up until like 2009, plus a few random ones.

I might check out some bounty hunter tales, since they're short.

• Locked thread