Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I was hoping Maarek Stele would show up.

Also, a bit predictable this last episode, but still good. I mean, "It's Wedge! It's Hobbie! It's some guy I've never heard of! I wonder if one of them is going to die...."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Clearly, Wedge and Hobbie had plot armor, but the third guy didn't have to get killed. Or even be there at all.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

EVIL NOONER posted:

is it really plot armor when you keep character alive while telling a story that happens chronologically before their other appearances

Well, it's some kind of armor, anyway.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

My fan theory is that George Lucas sucks at script writing and directing, and needs good people through whom to filter ideas.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Nina posted:

I think the high volume of EU content fools you into thinking it's complex because it's not particularly so

A new superweapon has been developed my a cloned Emperor! Again!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

They mean the Jedi before the current one. You know, the last one.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Mostly this episode made me really want a third season of Rome. Even if it were an animated one!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

cptn_dr posted:

I have this thought every time Fenn Rau is on screen.

Yes, but when he's also on screen with Gar Saxon, it's even more on point.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Moon Slayer posted:

He was a Mandalorian weeaboo.

Mandaboo

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Wookieepedia is obviously a treasure trove of collected and collated knowledge of all things Star Wars, but is there anything that traces the changes to various stories over the years?

I'd love to know how Vader's (and everything else's) back story changed around before the prequels were released.

The Historiography of Vader?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Medullah posted:

That's always been one of my favorite things about Star Wars though. Sure it's space ships and laser blasters and lightsabers but the technology is generally grungy and utilitarian. No posh transporter and sparkling clean ships, the Falcon is a junker, etc. When Luke pulls out his Macrobinoculars in ANH the screen is fuzzy and staticy.

It was one of the first problems I had with the prequels.

Aces High posted:

so what are the odds that Ezra gave Thrawn the location of Chopper Base because Thrawn knows a planet is missing? Thrawn seems like one of those people that even something small like that would not go unnoticed

Almost certainly.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Burning_Monk posted:

I always pictured y-wings as p-38s.

Yeah, either P-38s or A-26s

E: B-Wings are more like A-10s.

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 4, 2017

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Galaga Galaxian posted:

He's asking if Obi-Wan is protecting the Chosen One, the one who will bring balance ot the force (and thus destroy his former master who ruined his and Obi-wan's lives and by doing so, avenge them).

Luke is the Chosen One, at least from Obi-Wan's current Certain Point of View. Anakin was a failure, lost to darkness, obviously not the chosen one, but his kid, now that has got possibility!

I realize Obi-Wan may believe this, but Vader did bring balance to the Force.

Prior to him falling, there were a whole lot of Jedi, but only two Sith. Afterwards, there are only ever 2 of either until the end of ROTJ.

But, even if "balance" is intended to mean "get rid of the darkness", it's Anakin who comes back from the darkness and kills Palpatine. Luke was just a catalyst.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Pops Mgee posted:

Not sure how you can't like Bendu Storm. One of the best things about the EU is they can get weird with some stuff but not worry about it as much as the main movies would because it's just one episode. Like that episode of Clone Wars with the droids and the tiny frog man wandering around those salt flats. Star Wars should be weird sometimes dammit.

You mean literally the worst episode?

Enjoyed the finale. Good to see Sabine is back.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

NTRabbit posted:

I don't like Kylo Ren as a villain, I don't like TFA, and I don't think JJ Abrams is any good as a director, he's especially bad at doing space scifi. TFA just had way too many problems for me to like it.

I thought we were friends! :argh:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

IronSaber posted:

So I only heard about this second hand and couldn't find any immediate footage, but... Dave confirmed that Ahsoka was still alive?

Pretty sure you hear her voice in the trailer.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Dave Syndrome posted:

Wait until after the Kenobi standalone movie

This keeps getting bandied about but I have yet to see anything official. It certainly seems like a no-brainer to me, but if they didn't announce it at Celebration, I'm starting to think it's unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

MildShow posted:

So the second season of Freemaker Adventures premiered a few days ago. It's still the kiddiest Star Wars show by a wide mile, but I still find it fun. Also, these two episodes confirm that Hera and Chopper at least survive through Empire Strikes Back.

The Freemaker Adventures aren't canon in any way, so I don't think it confirms anything at all.

• Locked thread