Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Binged on the show over the last week. Really enjoyed it, but I think it helps to enjoy Clone Wars.

I only have one question, and I'm sure this has been answered and talked about to death, so forgive me, but Ashoka survived her fight with Vader right? It does show her going into the Sith Temple, correct?

Anyways, I always figured a majority of Imperials were not super evil, but felt they were on the right side, because the Empire was the legitimate government. We just see the super evil ones in shows and movies. We've gotten Thrawn so many people have been hoping Pellereon also makes the jump from legends to canon. He was always portrayed as a professional, and dedicated to the Empire, but not really evil. Not blameless and probably not free from the racism that the Empire promotes, but he was always shown to be uncomfortable with Tarkin doctrine stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DancinBrud posted:

In what form she survived is still up for debate. Some people think her spirit is trapped in the temple or something like that. Regardless, I'm positive that there's no way we won't see her again. Just maybe not on Rebels?

If I had to guess, there will be some Darkest Hour kind of poo poo that she suddenly shows up and saves Kanaan and Ezra or something. It seems like if they wanted to kill her, they'd make it very clear, yes she is dead.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bunnyofdoom posted:

Filoni did say he wanted to put the vong in CW

Yea, they even had concept art and stuff for Vong for CW. Who knows what they'd do in the future.

I wasn't aware they had said that Ashoka's story was done, but with the canon, anything is possible. I mean, maybe they'll reveal in episode 8 supplementary material that she survived the Empire and joined Luke's new academy, but died when Kylo Ren attacked.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DancinBrud posted:

I think anybody who said this probably meant that she was done on Rebels, not overall.

Yea, that's what I meant. I doubt they'd add her to the movies, but as i said, in nucanon stuff outside of the films are still wild west. I can certainly see the Inquisitors being eliminated in the show, and Kanaan is almost certainly destined to die, but Ezra would probably live.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Echoing the "wish they'd joined" sentiment. I also liked the Battledroids wounded pride.

So I mean, Kallus is going to defect at some point right?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MizPiz posted:

Who's to say he hasn't already?

Oh poo poo, I didn't even think of that. He'll probably die when he's revealed though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tensokuu posted:

Me too. Then again I actually like the stupid Sep. Droids even if they are meant to be retarded. Something about them just makes me laugh.

There is an endearing quality in their dumbness.

In all the poo poo that is in the prequels a lot of people miss that Palpatine's plan is actually quite brilliant. He causes a crisis which not only brings him to supreme power, but also gathers up any organizations that could challenge his rule and destroys them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So was it just me or did they feel like they setup romances between Kanaan and Hera and Ezra and Sabine?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Generic American posted:

Sabine episode! Just what I've been waiting for. :swoon:

If she doesn't make fixing that jetpack (mechanically and aesthetically) her next big art project, I'm going to be disappointed.

I can totally see an episode or two from now she going "I got what we need!" and bringing it out.

That was super cool to have Kevin McKidd and Ray Stevenson playing opposites. I also really love how Clone Wars and Rebels has shown the Mandalorians. Much better than the Legends version.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Very Mary Sue.

Yea, Mandalorians in her works were super mega awesome at everything and blah blah blah. It's annoying because the rest of her work was pretty decent, it's just she loved Mandalorians so much she made them the best at everything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I'm curious how the origins of the Jedi are in the new canon. The whole Je'dai order on Typhon is gone and with it, all that back story.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think maybe a netflix or other CGI animated series that deals with early history of the Jedi and SIth would be pretty cool. If netflix they could just do like 12 episodes and flesh out that backstory. I always though the Legends version was a bit silly, where mysterious ships appeared out of nowhere and took force sensitives to Typhon and everything as already set up for them to learn how to use the force.

LIke who set everything up? The Celestials? The Rakata?

Though knowing NuCanon it would probably have something to do with the Ones.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hondo is the kind of character that him showing up every once and a while is great, but if he's used too much, he just becomes annoying.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bunnyofdoom posted:

I predict it will end in a duel with psuedosoontir in the tie/d and Wedge in something else

Have they already created a Soontir Fel analog? With all the other legends stuff being added, I could see almost everything is possible.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aces High posted:

so how did we go from the old canon being tossed out to everything old is new?

Reminds me of when my cousin told me that Rey could be Luke's daughter because "he had kids in the books"

I got into a silly argument not too long about by someone who really believes Rey is Obi-Wan's daughter, and all I could ask "How? The time between the ANH and TFA is like 30 years, how could Obi-wan have a daughter that is like 18" and they could only quote the evidence supporting the theory, rather than addressing my question. Eventually though they said "I don't believe Rey could be likes Daughter because he's meant to have a son."

I liked Star Wars books too, a lot, hell read pretty much every one since the late 90s until Disney acquired the rights, but it's fine that it's gone.

NTRabbit posted:

Captain Moustache the interceptor pilot, from the Skystrike Academy

Ah yes forgot about him. I hope they reveal Thrawn based it on the fighters used by his own people, I love me some Clawcraft.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hera gets promoted and is now the Captain of the Medical Frigate or something, Sabine goes back to Mandalor, Zeb goes to the secret homeworld of his race, Kanaan dies. All those are easy, but Ezra is the hard one. Killing him, as was said, is too dark considering he's what, 16?

Though in Legends were were a fair number of Jedi that survived the purge, and new canon has a easy explanation of why some may have survived from Revenge of the Sith so it's possible that Ezra is still alive during the original trilogy. Maybe he just went back to his homeworld and lead the cel there or a million other options.

I always got the impression that Luke was the last hope of the Jedi not because he was the last Jedi or force user or something, but because Yoda and Obi-wan knew they hosed up, and the Jedi had become too entrenched in their creed, inflexible and not able to see the biggest threats. They knew Luke would be able to create a new Jedi Order that would not fall into the traps of the old, become to dogmatic, restrict it's members to much, because they would be aware it was the denial that created the obsession Anakin had that drove him ultimately to the Dark side.

This way Ezra doesn't have to die, and Ashoka doesn't either. If she didn't die from the fight from Vader at least.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Narcissus1916 posted:

What's the new explanation?

In Revenge of the Sith when Obi-Wan and Yoda go back to the main Temple, Obi-Wan alters the message that the Clones have set saying "Hey Jedi come back home, we have cookies" to "There are no cookies, only death, hide!".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Rogue One question Did Donnie Yen use the same kind of weapon as Zeb? It sure looked like it

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah, they just look similar when folded up I guess. I would not be surprised to see Krennick appear at a villain either at the end of this season or the start of next.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TheBigBad posted:

The Ghost is shown in the shot before Vader's Star Destroyer arrives. Almost all of the smaller than a corvette class ships warp out right before it appears. One of the transports slams into the star destroyer. Since Vader is only interested in the Rebel capital ship and everything but a frigate and that ship make it out, I think it's safe to say they're safe.

I loved that scene, it really showed the terror of the Empire.

Also i didn't see this mentioned in earlier spoilers on Yavin there is a loudspeaker annoucement looking for a General Syndulla, which could be Hera or her father. I'd guess Hera because her father seems like the kind that would stay on Ryloth or be dead. Plus Hera being the leader of an early Rebel cell would probably have her be a high ranking officer once the rebellion is more formal

I saw that they have a full story arc planned for Rebels, and they will finish it, so it won;t be like Clone Wars that stops pretty abruptly. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the formation of the Rebel Alliance from a group of small, independent cells because they realize the empire cannot be defeated by small actions, nor be able to defend people against the Empire's aggression.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I figured that because Dagobah was just the rear end in a top hat of the Universe. The post taco bell fart rear end in a top hat.

But there is nothing stopping there be more Jedi that survived. Kanaan is the last Padawan, but full fledged Knights and Masters may have survived, but few survived Vaders hunt, so by the time ANH happens, the Jedi are pretty much extinct.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TheBigBad posted:

Yes, 1 Star Destroyer jumped in right after most of the small craft jumped. Vader was after the capital ship. The Ghost is safe.

Yea but a bunch of smaller craft plowed right into the Devastator as they tried to escape. Everything involving Vader in Rogue one was scary as gently caress

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Chop came to Yavin cause he heard that rear end in a top hat R2-D2 was chilling out there and wanted to remind him who the coolest Astromech was.

Probably owed him money.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bet the guy who created Wraith Squadron wants too much money for them to use it so they're doing totally not Wraith Squadron.

And that this point, I'd not be surprised if Talon Karrde or any popular EU characters show up in some form.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think that's...unlikely, since Aaron Allston is no longer with us (and Lucasfilm would presumably have the rights to the characters anyway).

I think Thrawn might be the exception that proves the rule - I can't think of any other Legends character other than Darth Bane who appeared in NuCanon. I think they figured they might as well start over rather than have fans negatively comparing their adaptions to what came before.

There is some weirdness with rights with stuff like the Daleks and Specter, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Though I had no idea that Allston passed, that sucks.

I don't think Bane was a Legends character, I'm sure Darth Bane was credited with the Rule of Two earlier than the books.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rocksicles posted:

I just can't stand battle droids. Reading one of the new Star Wars books and there's a loving battle droid. "ROGER, ROGER" on far too many pages.

Who's Roger?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Snape Bot remains awesome.

I loved the references to the opening of ESB, and the Aliens like shots when Chopper was looking for the Infiltrator.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So the early darksiders were Victoria Bitter drinkers?

I know too many Aussies to not know what a Bogan is.

Got to play the X-wing mini game the other day, really fun, and my friend who I was at has the Ghost, and it's really cool because everything's in scale so you can see how it relates to something like the Falcon or an X-wing. He said they make a Sabine Tie as well which is really cool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mon Mothma is all "drat look at that awesome droid"
And Chopper is trying to look cool when he knows he's getting checked out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I'm pretty sure that polar bear ran home and said "Guys, I just got punched by Brian Blessed!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Most Black Series retail for like 35-40 bux, or do you mean the 3.5" ones?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pops Mgee posted:

All the black series figures I've bought were 19.99 USD.

30 Canadian, so yea 20 American.

You know who would be cool to see in Rebels? Doctor Alphra. She's awesome in the comics and is the first new comics character to get their own comic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man Black Series Sabine is 50bux, which is still cheaper than Revan at 60. God I hate action figure speculation

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd love a post rotj show. It literally could start the next day showing rebels needing to make the transition from warrior to peacemaker and administratior.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The main cast could include a combination of former Rebels and Imperials.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It just struck me that it's odd no Rebel's characters are in Galaxy of Heroes (the fairly fun and not as evil as most mobile games unless you want to get into high level competitive play). There are Clone Wars characters like Cade Bane, Ashoka and Fiver, but no Sabine, Kanaan, Kallus or whoever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd not be surprised if Sabines story and Thrawn's plan dovetale at the end of the season, with some big thing at Mandalore that both frees the Mandos but also really fucks up the Rebels, probably killing the leadership or something.

Also, I discovered that in the New Canon, the Fetts aren't Mandalorians, but actually guys who just have the armor, Mandoboos?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

Eh, I think they'll get around to them eventually. An upcoming event adds Darth Nihilus from KOTOR II, so I think they just plan on slowly working through their massive character list. poo poo, we're still using "Clone Wars Chewbacca" and Luke Skywalker as seen on Tatooine with a rifle, even though Cloud City Luke is in the game, just not playable. They're focusing on a long game for this.

Yea i goth the Sith Assassian from the event, waiting for Nihilus event to open right now.

And yea, adding new characters is probably the best way to get people to spend money on mobile games. According to someone on reddit, it would have taken $100k to max out Krennic and the Death Trooper, and I'd not be surprised a few people paid that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I'm blown away by what people pay for this. I remember when General Grevious was first introduced, I thought it would take months until people built up enough shards to blow in the shard shop to get him up to speed. Later that day, someone in my guild introduced his level 7 Grevious. I can't imagine what he spent to do that.

Like, the game is slow moving if you freeplay it, but it's completely possible. I just have to be okay with the fact that I will get a level 7 Darth Vader sometime around the heat death of the universe.

I haven't spent a cent and I feel like i'm getting enough enjoyment out of it. Unlike Future Fight where they keep putting all my favorite characters behind paywalls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Minnesota Manatee posted:

twistedmentat was correct in their post at the top of this page, the Fetts weren't Mandalorians. This comes from George Lucas himself, via David Filoni. Jango Fett was just a poser, and that's been canon ever since the second season of Clone Wars. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jango_Fett

I honestly think it's weird they made them posers rather than real Mandalorians. You have the most visible and popular members and they say "they're not really them". Maybe they wanted to get as far away from Legends as they could. In that, the Fetts are both Mandalore, which is funny becuase they run around as low ranking bounty hunters rather than the leaders of an entire culture. I wonder if they called them Mandalore the Absent.

• Locked thread