Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Superstring posted:

Lin Manuel Miranda.

Judging by his brief appearance at Weird Al's NYC show for 'Yoda', he'd totally be down for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Cross-Section posted:

They share some similarities (mainly the center-oriented cockpit and general flight profile) but I get the impression that the Ghost is definitely more of a "heavy freighter" than the 2100 is.

vs

Despite having put hundreds of hours into X-Wing: Alliance, I always thought the cockpit was more incorporated into the distinctive Corellian saucer body- and not just a giant dick with wings flying through space.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

My money is on a last minute save. Either that or a heroic last stand to save the Phoenix crew.

Aces High posted:

if the Defender is going to be similar to the game then they should be worried about the fact that they have hyperdrive.

I hope this means we'll see the X-Wing as a counter to them. That or the B-Wing. drat, it's going to be like a custom simulation mission from X-Wing:Alliance.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Zebulon posted:

Well, they already showed us the prototype B-Wing last season.

Yes, but I meant seeing a squadron exiting hyperspace amd wiping the smugness off Imperial pilots' faces.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

DancinBrud posted:

Good episode, especially after the last two, which I wasn't wild about. I particularly liked the game of AT-AT strafing keep-away. Of all the people who could be recurring characters on this show, I definitely wasn't expecting to see the farmer from S1 again.

I wouldn't be too hasty in using "recurring".

DancinBrud posted:

I think next week is the "winter finale," which usually means big things will happen.

This really begs the question of how they will top last season- what with Ashoka dying/not dying and the confrontation with Vader.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Test Pattern posted:

One stands for Twin Ion Engine and is descriptive, so it's not protectable as a trademark. The other, if it's used long enough, doesn't "mean" anything, and, as such, is protectable.

The Galactic Empire, led by the Sith and copyright lawyers.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

I don't see the Ghost :ohdear:

New ep is up on XD site and I wonder how much of the one shot comic they're going to use, considering that was supposed to happen when Luke was a baby.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Shbobdb posted:

I'm liking how they are keeping with droid sexual dimorphism. AP5 and Chopper make a cute couple.

I'm not saying your interpretation is wrong, but I never really looked at astromech droids as gendered. The main descriptor that comes up for me when I think of Chopper is murderous rear end in a top hat.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

They circled it for you....

Whoops, meant the Phantom v2.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A Sarlacc of Senselessness, if you will.

Edit: but is it the original Sarlacc or the Special Edition chompy Sarlacc???? :ohdear:

Depends, which one belched?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Sith Happens posted:

If Saw looks like that on Rebels, how much time passes between that episode and the events of Rogue One, where he looks drastically different?

2 years I think? Maybe less, not sure how much of a time skip it was between Season 2 and 3. Going by Ezra being 15 and him being born at about the same time as Luke and Leia, and those two are 18 in Ep 4.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

im watching this now for the first time and I like it except that im pretty sure by the end of the first season you could leverage genocide charges against the main characters since they all seem to be able to kill 20 stormtroopers at once.

thats the thing i hate most about star wars, stomr troopers are incompetant

If you're keeping tallies, get a separate pad (or book) for Chopper. He's the genocidiest.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Colonial Air Force posted:

A new superweapon has been developed my a cloned Emperor! Again!

Finally! Schedule a Mofference!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

PST posted:

Zeb+Chopper+AP-5 felt like a filler until the end, but then fell into the typical Thrawn 'just as planned' type resolution. Also nice to see the imperial droid transform and go all terminator mode.

It was also a nice homage to the Mcquarrie concept art for C-3PO.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Minnesota Manatee posted:

Have we gotten confirmation that there is going to be a fourth season? I've been starting to wonder if they're going to surprise end the show at the conclusion of this season. The things that make me wonder...

1. I can't remember hearing anything about story or character plans for the next season.
2. This season is going to end with Thrawn wrecking their base.
3. Filoni is presumably overseeing another animated project given his new position.
4. Here's the big one for me. Seasons 2 and 3 were announced in the month of November during the preceding seasons. That pattern has been broken rather conspicuously. It's two and a half months after that point and I can't find any announcement or confirmation of a fourth season.

Perhaps they're only holding an announcement back so they can build suspense for how this season's final battle is going to go for our heroes. If that's the case, it's definitely working on me. But it would be awesomely bold of them to have the cell broken, beaten, and scattered in the finale, ending the show without any preceding announcement. Maybe it'll be more like a restructuring, a new show with a new name but with some of the characters from Rebels. Wild speculation!

Edit: I hadn't done any googling lately regarding this until after I posted this. It seems that a few entertainment news sites/blogs seem to have picked up on all of this, too.

Star Wars: Alliance :black101:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

New ep is up on the XD site/app. dammit, Kallus!:doh:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Also the Empire has to know about Gar Saxon and what it means, you can't hide the death of the Viceroy of Mandalore for very long.

Sure you can. He wears the helmet a lot, and Sabine's got Jedi friends that can move him around without touching him. It'll be just like Weekend at Bernie's.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

That would make the Y-Wing the Wildcat? Or the Hurricane? Something very serviceable overshadowed by something faster and flashier?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

TheBigBad posted:

couple few y-wings and I can take out a star destroyer.

New ep makes this this seem like a habit. :black101:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

mllaneza posted:

I particularly like that Phoenix Squadron now owns a Sith Infiltrator.

Trap sprung and all, but that's not the infiltrator we saw in Ep I. That's a modified Kom'rk fighter.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

Force Penguins?

So, that's how they propel their poo poo that far.

• Locked thread