Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

DancinBrud posted:

I feel like, as Ezra alluded to, the things they saw were sort of a mash up or amalgamation of the answers they were each looking for.

Yeah it probably would've worked a little better if they had both been asking the same question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I really liked this episode, the ship falling away into the clouds was a great visual.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Chickenwalker posted:

I mean, it's possible they still are Dark Troopers. We don't really know the back story. Maybe the program got scrapped and the remaining prototypes were relegated to defending freighters.

Disney marketing is intentionally alluding to Dark Forces in promoting it (I think the Twitter announcement for the episode said something like "it's about to get Dark in here"), not to mention the fact that the visual design can't be a mistake. This is a sideways thing of restoring stuff to canonicity just like Thrawn, Malachor, and the YT-2400.

My first thought was Dark Troopers also, they definitely have the look.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

These were excellent.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Zoran posted:

Do you think they’d actually attempt to render a version of the battle of Scarif in this show?

Yes.

Can they? Maybe.

• Locked thread