Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Nah it's clearly talking about the Twi'lek assassin sisters from KotORII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

DancinBrud posted:

There are a couple of slow episodes in each season, but nothing that totally kills the momentum. And if you do end up liking it, it's totally worth it to go back and watch Clone Wars!
That's actually something I was thinking of doing. There was that list someone posted of essential episodes (this one) but it seems to be jumping back and forth when it comes to episode numbers (first recommended episode is middle of S2, then early S1 and so forth). Are you supposed to watch them in the order presented on the list?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

DancinBrud posted:

I created that list! The episodes were created in non-chronological order. The list accounts for that, so if you watch them in my recommended order, you'll be watching them in the proper in-universe chronological order.
Oh okay, nice! I'll be giving that a go then, thanks for making the list :)

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Covok posted:

Am I going crazy or did the Rebel crew cameo on a lego star wars thing? I swear they did, but I can't find it.
They're DLC in Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Does the Sith species still exist in current canon?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see a bounty hunter / assassin droid borrowing its personality from HK-47.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Is it just me or has the animation been really slow and sluggish this season? It's especially egregious in space battles, and I can't quite put my finger on why. Maybe it's that fighters are too slow, maybe it's that blaster fire is too slow, or maybe both. Was it always like this and I just didn't realize until now?

Also, the Ghost's blasters make the most disappointing sound.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

DancinBrud posted:

Yep, it's always been like this. I think it's a deliberate decision to make it feel like Episode 4, just like the skinny lightsabers. If you go back and watch the movie, the ships move at the same speed as in Rebels. It's a little jarring at first, but I've come to appreciate the change of pace.
Huh, you're right, but it doesn't feel as slow in the movie. Maybe it's because the camera work is better, or maybe it's the superior sound design (actually I think that's mostly it), but it's never bugged me in ANH.

Also, tying back to my comment about the Ghost's blasters, both the X-Wings and Tie Fighters in ANH sound great.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

I've found that the Rebels spaceship camera work shits all over whatever they thought they were doing in TFA, and is certainly the best in any Star Wars since they went CG.
I meant that the camera work in ANH is better than Rebels, but sure, maybe Rebels is better than TFA in that regard.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

So is the weird lightsaber something that's come up before in the Clone Wars or so? I haven't seen that whole series but it looks vaguely familiar to me.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

George Lucas was pretty good when he had the right people backing him up, but on his own he's kinda terrible.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

evilmiera posted:

Quite honestly, just watching the first few episodes of the first season then skipping to season 2 is probably not going to hurt your viewing pleasure. It isn't so much that the first season is bad, but like people said it just never hits its stride until season 2 and doesn't get REALLY good until the last few episodes of that and the first of episode 3.

It finally starts focusing on stuff you'd actually care about then, being the main characters, the budding rebellion proper, and the dark/lightside struggles of the jedi that amount to actual character development.
Eh, at least watching the last episode of season 1 is worthwhile as well on account of a Pretty Good fight scene. Ezra's lightsaber is pretty cool IMO, shame he switched to a conventional one after S1.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Chopper's fun to watch, they're not supposed to be someone you'd want to hang out with.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Covok posted:

There were other force users, obliviously.
This should be the next thread title.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

They should just bring all the bootleg Han Solos together at once in an episode.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

sniper4625 posted:

Always a good time.
I know that book is dumb as hell, and I know some of the rough outline, but what's with that dude's tiny neck blaster? Is it an earring?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I thought this episode was pretty bad, probably mostly because of how slow and tedious the space battles keep feeling to me in this show. It just felt like stuff that should've gone way faster lasting too long.

Also the more I notice how overly animated everyone is when speaking, the more it bugs me.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Shbobdb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewUykNIp7mo

I'm sorry if my hatred and contempt showed through too much.

I've just been informed that Star Wars is a D6 and not a D20 system. If that made my point too difficult to understand . . .
Why are you watching this show? I mean, if there's a bad episode every now and then it makes sense to stick with it and maybe complain about those episodes (that's what I do), but you seem to think everything about the show is bad so just use your time for better things. It's not like there's any shortage of terrible Star Wars media, either; we all know The Glove of Darth Vader is a terrible book but we don't all feel compelled to read it and complain about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

IronSaber posted:

What would be in a Kenobi movie that we haven't already seen in the existing movies?
It'd actually be a horror comedy about his misadventures as a force ghost.

• Locked thread