Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Best overall game in terms of how much fun I had for the longest stretch of time would be Smash Bros 4.

My favorite game of all time is probably Final Fantasy VI even though I didn't like any other game in the series.

In terms of there being absolutely no boring parts and I always want to replay, and it having the greatest ending in any video game ever I'd say Earthbound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It's amazing to me that Link's Awakening is a Game Boy game. Super Mario Land looks like something you can play on a wristwatch from the 80s and Link's Awakening looks almost like an SNES game. And the music and sound effects are fantastic.

Anyway most Zelda games are poo poo but A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, and Link's Awakening are loving incredible. The rest can be skipped.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Y-Hat posted:

earthbound is cool regardless of who made it

While I think the Earthbound fan community is a bit obsessive, I totally get it. The game really is more or less perfect. I can't think of a single spot when I'm bored playing it. Even though FFVI is my favorite game, there's PLENTY of incredibly boring parts in the game.

I think the most amazing thing about Earthbound is the ending. I don't think I am spoiling anything here but it's the only game I can think of where when you beat the game, there's still stuff to do. It isn't "over". As a matter of fact, you can "play" the ending as long as you want. It's so, so loving cool and I have no idea why I've never really seen it in any other game. Compare that to something like Link to the Past and the only thing left to do once you beat it is just keep beating Ganon over and over again.

Mother 3 was good but it isn't even on the same planet as Earthbound. Honestly I didn't even know what the gently caress was going on in the last hour of Mother 3.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

It's either Super Metroid or Doom or Just Cause 2 or Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon or Morrowind.

Super Metroid was so loving good but the ending was like 2 minutes long and so loving lame that it soured me from ever wanting to play the game a second time. What a lazy-rear end ending (she's a girl!!!! And here's 4 seconds of mode 7 graphics of her spacecraft flying away! *roll credits*)

Literally no better than the NES Jaws ending.

• Locked thread