Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

These are always so dark. I kinda like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Pedestrian Xing posted:

The Argosy can also create a portal wherever it is, opening the door for some serious clown car shenanigans.

Has to be a system you have influence over, though, so you basically need to invade a system to set up a bridgehead and then you can swarm your Doomfleets in.

For me portals are best at allowing for a wide empire and running an economical defence while fighting a war, you can keep one or two big fleets to defend all your home systems regardless of how spread out they are. I don't really use them to pile into enemy neighborhoods that much.