Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Speedball are you serious? Easy is hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fangz posted:

The game's two difficulty levels are Very Easy and Easy. It's a joke on how some games have Normal and Hard.

Ah.

The best advice i have for dote, is make sure you have one giy as your tank and always be looking on where you can create choke points. If you find a map with a good choke point, open more doors and gdt more goodies and xp early. Thats the key.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I love the font they use. I wish i could find it and use it in all my daily applications

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Where are these"meet the races" videos?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
But who were they before they were vaulters? Obviously a well advanced space faring human civilization.

In dungeon of the endless

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So why wouldn't they then be the Mezari. They werent on Auriga that long were they?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
True but that doesnt mean the Mezari forgot they were the Mezari. The ones who didnt crash in Auriga, like the entire rest of the race. Remember it was just a prison ship.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cythereal posted:

They'd make an interesting gameplay counter to the mafia frogs, and the Harmony were in Endless Legend, too, albeit as a minor race.

Somewhat disappointed that the religious-focused race so far is painted as a bunch of fanatical crusading assholes, though. They're pretty clearly a sci-fi version of the Broken Lords, but I hope the Vodyani are more sympathetic in the full game. I like their aesthetic and I'm usually a fan of religion-focused races/factions in concept, but most games like portraying them as super aggressive fanatics (spiritual races can get away with being peaceful, but not religious.)

If I had to guess I'd say the other four factions (barring any totally new race - wouldn't be surprised to see a plant or fungus race) are the Horatio (they're REALLY popular on the official forums), the Harmony, the Vaulters, and the Automatons.

I'm wondering if the Sowers will return as a minor race. The Epistis minor race sure sound like the Sowers, just with the Endless origin replaced by a nameless minor race. Pilgrims, Amoeba, and Sheredyn would all fit in pretty well as minors, and the Horatio if they're not a major race.

It makes sense based on the analogues in earth. The technocrats are aloof and unattached. The capitalists are all about money. The workers boast high production but may suffer in culture output. And the more religious you are, the more fanatical and dangerouw they are.

Plus its not just different cultures, its different species. How could one factioms religious devotion NOT step on other toes with divine mandates?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Hope the release being so close to Civ6 doesn't hurt sales, that's a week prior. Looking forward to it, Friday release dates :allears:

Lol if you aren't buying both.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What is the criteria for the initial discount? Just pre order or what?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Just wait a bit, I would be extremely surprised if they didn't go on sale sometime this week.

Also BTW Tempest is up for preorder at 25% off right now.

Thx for the heada up

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm playing as the new faction and lol how can they have Spying. The Forgotten makes sense cuz they can go invisible and can don a disguise, as can many others.

But like the Necrophages, these guys are monsters. How would you NOT catch this dude infiltrating your poo poo lol.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bah I say, BAH!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well the difference is for me is that even if the cities were diverse, the non necro or morg pops wouldn't be living in nice apts on the east side. Theyd be in hovels or pens as bargaining chips or as food. They should just not let those heroes have spies innately. Hire them sure, but spy? Ehh

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How do you mindcontrol and catspaw enemy areas?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Am i crazy or can the new faction just not build watchtowers at all besides the pearl ones?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well poo poo lol

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Somehow i have towers. Maybe gotta get tier 3 tech instead of 2?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah naval fortresses are key. Its a way to have mostly safe income while you wage a land war against other factions. Its a tough balance though because on land they are kinda lil bitches lol

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Weirdest thing, I'm playing against the AI as the new water people and the cultists somehow have 2 cities. How does that work?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Shouldn't be possible. Only things I can think of...

1) City #2 is actually in the process of razing but hasn't finished (I forget if raze time is a thing in EL)
2) There are two AI cultists in the game and this is a derp moment.

Definitely not a derp moment. Same color and I have unique factions on. Another AI actually took the city now and its no longer Cultist, so I'm thinking maybe it had captured the AI's city and it wasn't being razed? I'm not sure, because I thought the cities were insta-razed once the battle was won.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Also, what triggers that final quest with all the different beams of light? It seems to be random?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Glidergun posted:

That happens whenever anyone finishers their own personal faction-specific questline, the one that enables the Wonder victory. If you're quick enough on the ball you can trigger the final quest yourself.

That doesnt' make any sense though. I've been first in all wonder quests and theirs triggered well before I got to my final piece. Is it just an arbitrary timer for the AI or is it just ridiculously good at finishing quest objectives?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Worth getting early access or waiting it out for Endless Space 2? How is it shaping up, and whens the release date?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Serephina posted:

Hello thread! Quick question; is E.Legend worth buying in this steam sale? Steam reviews are one thing, but I'd like the grognard consensus. My background: I enjoyed Civ5, Civ6 will have to wait a few years until patches come out, Stellaris was promising but broken, and E.Space was really lacking in fluff with a boring tech tree and meh combat. Is E.Legend worth my 20 bucks?

Endless Legend is a mechanically superior game to Civ 5 imo. Buy it and as much dlc as you can afford

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Just bought it not sure gonna play it. Endless Legend is totallly bad rear end so we will see with this one. When is it gonna release?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So Endless Space 1 is literally $1 right now on Steam.

Also:

Amplitude Studios announced today that the 4X strategy game Endless Space 2, which debuted on Steam Early Access in October, will go into full release on May 19. The game will be available in both a standard and a Digital Deluxe edition, and box collectors will also be able to take advantage of a proper retail release, which will come with a double-side Pathfinder Academy poster and a printed version of The Last Flight of the Gray Owl, a "community-driven" origin story that was written in 2015 for Endless Legend.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

Will it be cheaper or the same price to wait for it to be out, or grab it now?

They say that you'll lose the discount and it'll go back up to the full $50 or whatever once it releases. If you want to get it cheaper, get it now.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

Or I imagine like a year after release it will end up on sale or something too.

Just buy the goddam game.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I got endless space 1 for 1$ and....i have no idea what to do. I dont get anything abiut it and im super worried and frustrated that if i dont get 1, i wont get 2, and 2 looks frickin awesome. I have a firm grasp on endless legend and love it, but couldnt get 1.

Am i in trouble or is es1 just unintuitive and will be different than 2?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I didnt understand what the things around my planet were. I sent my starting ships there, but didnt know what they were doing. Do i settle them? Just "own" them? How do i make different ships? How do i know what the ship i have selected is?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cis Lord posted:

I"m also having trouble with ES1. I'm not some dumb South hating idiot so I don't need anyone to explain things that were in the tutorial for me. My number one problem is that I have no idea what the victory condition is. In Endless Legend the quest nudged you towards your victory condition, but here there isn't even a hint. After 100 turns I'm winning by score, but I have no idea what i should be trying to achieve.

Offensive. A lot of that stuff isnt in the tutorial.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm waiting for the real release before going all in.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How can you not be pumped for this game? Amplitude studios rule.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Just started the game and then went to bed. I clicked the tech screen then quit. Thanks for reading.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Why do all my ships look like wire frame models?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is it a bug that all my ship models are wire frame instead of actual ships?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for explaining the wire frame thing.

There is So. Much. To. Do.

I'm sure I'm playing poorly but holy poo poo, there is SO much to do with this game. I'm as the Space Nazi's and its ridiculous how many new screens the tutorial brings me to over and over again. Down to my drat soldier dudes I can make choices. Its kind of hard to get it all, but I'm loving the depth in this game!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Are planetary invasions insanely difficult to do? I havent even scratched that part, just learned how to make better fighters, but wanna know for future plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What causes some of my population to leave my planet? The Hissho left to the point where I don't have them anymore at all, and my minor faction keeps leaving too. Why is that?