Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Clarste posted:

Are you playing as the Riftborn? It's probably because they're running out of food: it's simply negative population growth. Riftborn don't produce any food at all no matter the planet, and you're probably settling Sterile worlds anyway.

Nah I'm the United Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think I found another bug. The Chapter 4 of the UE quest, I"m supposed to build Mount of Zevelas and I can't find it anywhere to build.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So if the Vodyani win a ground battle you lose everything? Just like that?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I see and how abiut my chapter 4 quest for the ue. Is that just broken?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Onean posted:

I can guarantee that even if it isn't fixed in this experimental patch, it won't stay broken. Amplitude are pretty good at getting bugs fixed. It is the weekend, and while they've got some fixes up and running I'd expect most of them to come Monday or Tuesday.

Frustratijg. Its a main quest!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ahhh that may be it. It just says to build it, no other contextw

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MadJackMcJack posted:

Did you set up a new outpost? Late-game outposts can drain food supplies from the supplying system pretty bloody fast. I had the same problem where my capital system started losing population. Checked the food stock and I was at -1K food because it was going to the outpost :stonk:

I think you are right. Its weird how my incomes fluctuate like that. But it makes sense. Its a big deal to settle or resettle an area.
Huge pain in the rear end though since the Vodyani took two planets, i beat them back but now have to resettle from scratch. They gained little and i lost much. I wish there was a way to make my ships move faster, they take forever to get anywhere. The colony had lost all its buildings by the time i got there, and i sent a settler straight away.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ywah i haven't figured out the optimal ship design yet. Long rangr seems best but I'm sure gettin in close would be good too

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So my influence has completely over taken the planet of the LUmeris next to me. What happens now? Can I ever make a claim on it?

Also it says "Buy out a star system". How exactly do you do that?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any use for luxuries outside upgrading star systems? Seems silly to have tons of luxuries and only ever use 6 or so.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Antti posted:

The technology Emperor's Shadow has an improvement called Zelevas Incarnate in it. It's a monument to the Emperor. Maybe they forgot to update the quest objective text after changing the name of the improvement.

btw this didnt work. Still can't build "Mount of Zelevas" and I'm stuck on the quest.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah has anyone completed the United Empires quest past chapter 4 part 2? I'm supposed to build a Mount of Zelevas and I can't find it ANYWHERE to build. I've been stuck on this part for like 60 turns its ridiculous.

Popete posted:

How the heck do you engage an enemy fleet? I had a mission to destroy a fleet that was moving between 3 different systems, I camped my fleet in the middle but every turn it would jump into my system and then move on to the next one and I couldn't engage it. I finally caught it but it took forever. Is there a way to setup an ambush?

You have to catch them when they are in orbit around a planet. You can corner them by surrounding them, but if they retreat they are gone. But remember, retreat takes half their HP. They can only really do it once.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a way to switch up where your ships are in a flotilla? I want them ALL in the middle so i can barrage forever.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Onean posted:

Drag and drop to move ships.

Where?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I still can't figure out how to get past Chapter 4 of the UE quest. There is no way to build "Mount of Zelevas".

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I had that happen over the Lumeris, made a demand, they said no and immediately blew up my new colony effort. That slowed me down enough that they eventually reached influence parity with me and changed the course of the game.

What im saying is, make sure youre ready to gently caress them up before making a demand.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If all the Hissho or a minor faction leave, is there a way to get them back?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Cant figure out the vodyani. Do i need to undock my starting ark to do quests or what?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cease to Hope posted:

you need to look for a minor civ to leech off of ASAP, and redesign your arks to have ankh generators (not leechers) ASAP. vodyani have huge pirate troubles early on, both from quests and from minor civs spawning pirates, so you'll want to get military ships very early on

Ah. I am so far into the game and still on step one of their quest. I couldn't kill the pirates and now other people own those spots where the pirates are supposed to be. I show up and there is nothing there, keeping me stuck on step 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah i figured that out, but all i had were 4 planet systems with maybe 1 i could actually colonize. Learning experience