Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Clarste posted:

I can definitely see UE showing up as the Industrialists, and while it's weird to imagine Sowers focused on food, they're probably the best fit for Ecologist of any of the previous game's factions.

I think the Unfallen will end up being the "Food" faction, seeing as they literally use their own bodies to grow space ships. It makes the most sense for that. And the UE is most likely going to be the Industrialist faction again, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I bet Vaulters come back as a Minor Faction based on Auriga. They'll start the game with a a major defensive installation (think Orion's defenses in MoO) and once included into an empire give large science boosts and an extremely dust & science heavy planet.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

So I just won a game as Sophons in ES2 and enjoyed it even though it was obviously missing a bunch of things. Maybe you guys know the answer to a couple questions?

1. What tech era is supposed to be the final one, tech level IV? V? There were several anomalies that I wasn't able to explore nor planets I could colonize so there should be at least one more.

2. Sometimes, when a colony was formed but died on starvation it becomes impossible to both colonize the planet yourself or to send ground troops to take the thing. Is this a bug? Similarly, when you take a planet by invasion, it seems the influence ring from the original owner is still there?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Avasculous posted:

I suspect that part of the reason that they seem OP in SP is because the AI probably doesn't distinguish between naval/army power when it's deciding if you're vulnerable to attack. In the current game I'm playing, I think either the adjacent Drakken or Wild Walkers could have wiped me off the map in a 5-turn war if they realized that Leviathans can't defend cities.

Good question. I've only played Shifters/Tempest for a few hours and I've gotten at least two program locks, so we'll have to see.

Oh, my bad.

How about a roll call on:

Saturday at Noon, ET.
1. Avasculous
2. Drunk Spanish Matlock
3. BadOptics

Sunday 9 AM, ET.
1. Avasculous
2. Drunk Spanish Matlock
3. Generic Octopus
4. BadOptics

(we can add more slots or split into 2 games if there's tons of interest)

I can do either/both

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Looks like it

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Cthulu- Owned by the UN ending

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, in last weekend's MP game, the Morgawr spawned on a 3 tile wide peninsula. He got every wonder building except the Museum because his tiles were so good

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Avasculous posted:

Awesome effortposts from Lichtenstein. I'd love to get something like that for each faction, especially since almost all of the steam and reddit guides are pretty dated, but I don't think I'm nearly knowledgeable to write one myself.

They can, Slaan took over the ocean region of JESUS FISH in our multiplayer game. Fortresses are pretty sweet in general, but why a massive boon for them in particular?

I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids GIANT SEA MONSTER WITH 4000 HEALTH

:argh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I didn't attack it. It attacked me :gonk:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

You can. There is a "unique randoms" button in one of the advanced menus.

It obviously won't work if you have more than 4 players though

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

For most factions, they want to go from industry in Eras 1-2 to dust production, especially forgotten & broken lords. Wild Walkers and Cultists have an easier time with industry through the late game though, so they may want to invest heavily in industry.

Also, gently caress! I though I saw a cheevo for Forgotten science victory. Using the recent guides posted up, I just won the game on a Forgotten science victory, expecting the cheevo. But nope, there isn't one. Now I'm pissed because I could have ended the game 50 turns earlier. Even bringing in 22k dust a turn, buying five 80-12k researches sucks.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

They do. But mercs bought from the marketplace get extra boosts from the Roving Clan's abilities. So the same ships that everyone has are +1 for the Roving clans.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

BadOptics posted:

Sending out feelers for a possible EL game this coming Sunday @ 0900 (CST/UTC-6). All DLC will be available, so if you want to give the new content a try you'll be in luck. New players are welcome as well!

I'm good for another game too

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ssmagus posted:

Trip Report: Morgrararara run away for the win after the map generator says no to any land resources what so ever.

Seriously, wtf was with that map generation? The Morgawr were sitting all along by themselves. The land didn't have any resources anywhere. I don't know what happened there.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Endless legends just updated today. It looks like they greatly decreased the percentage of resource spawns on fortress compared to the land. A 35% decrease, according to the notes, plus the number of resources per fortress declining from 2 per fort to 1.

That should make runaway Morgawr victories harder to do if people on land are actually able to get more than a single resource spawn each.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

There is a super fast animations function yes. No skip button though

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Just send out scouts until you find it, or ignore the quest chain

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Patch hasn't hit steam yet, apparently?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

The Mezari are in. That's apparently what humans are called now, according to the UE.

Yeah, the game says the UE was formed from the remnants of a cryoship sent by the Mezari into a new galaxy thousands of years ago. So they call themselves mezari, not human

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

It's rare earths in the science/blue tree, iirc. The "free movement" means your ships can move without using the star lanes

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Several. Look at your starting scout ship. I has an icon shaped like sputnik. Click on that and it'll send them out into the void to find stuff. If it crosses a non-lanes planet it'll let you know.

You can typically find one near each starting position

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Krinkle posted:

But I need those starting probes to auto-identify anomalies and atmospheric dealies. And then a pirate will kill my unarmed scout ship on turn five so I never get a recharge. And before I did anomalies I would fire those off either directly down a lane or split the difference between two narrow lanes hoping there was a good system a short distance away worth colonizing.

How are you losing ships to pirates? They never attack mine unless they're blockading a system.

Its more a mid-late game thing. Once you've found all the anomalies on your main system and first couple likely expansions, start tossing them everywhere to find hidden systems. They seem to either come with really good planets, or nothing at all, though. Very hit or miss.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, forgotten are great against cultists. Their costs scale up by the number of cities in the infiltrated empire too, so they are cheap to attack. Plus, only one city means you can get high seniority quick as you'll never want to move the spy

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Tempest is really amazing tbh. The Mogwayr accomplish the impossible of making a 4x navy focused faction that isn't completely terrible or completely broken. The Black Mark is loving hilarious.

I'm not a fan. Every time i played it multiplayer the mogwawr ran away with the game. Even with the fixes putting resources back into land, they would always end up with massive strategic/luxury resources while everyone else had barely anything

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's how it happened. The clans and pain wizards and shadows are obviously human, just with new magic abilities from all the dust from living on the surface for so long.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

There probably aren't any yet. The game hasn't even been released

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Truly, a perfect being :swoon:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Psycho Landlord posted:

Because SotS 1 and everything good about it was a giant fluke.

I pre-ordered SOTS 2 :negative:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Cease to Hope posted:

Play Empire or Sophons

Trees also get a lot of benefits from multiple races

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

You don't have to go to an cml, there is a screen that does it. It's in the population section, where you find out the benefits of 5/10/20/50 pop for a species. A graph there shows what the pop type supports in general and has icons that list where the votes go for each party when the party loses

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Only difference is that you get a second cutscene at the end :effort:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

They're all already downloaded. Every copy has all three xpacs and dlc so people can play against any version. They are just not unlocked until you pay it in a multiplayer game with someone that bought it.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Who made that wonderful poster?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

EL is a much, much better game. It still has the simultaneous turns, but I think there is an option for non simultaneous in a menu somewhere

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

It doesn't work as well if the terrain or province borders are weird, and won't give you level 3 districts on the races that can do that

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Attack the army from a different square. The guys that get pulled in depend on the actual battlefield location. You can see what's in the battlefield if you hover over the enemy army with one of yours that are in range selected. If any of his city is within the shadowed area his militia will be available. Get his army to head over to the west or north side of your city and it'll pull in your militia from your nearby city in that direction.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

:gonk:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I got stellaris last month and wasn't impressed. I became unstoppable almost instantly but couldn't do anything to my neighbours because they all federated against me, even a good war required a lot of replacements, was super micro management heavy despite the game's scale and didn't have a goal. It seems more like work than fun.

Endless legend wss my 4x sweet spot

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'm looking forward to seeing what's in this expansion. I'm not a fan of the ocean one as it seemed super imbalanced from my few multiplayer games with it. But I'm hopeful they can make a new race just as fun as the stealth guys and moth guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Lunsku posted:

Of course what I really want is Dungeon of the Endless II.

Same. It's just a good little game. Hard as hell though