Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Yeah, the humans are almost certainly gonna be the Vaulters, I think, just becaude they're the through line for the whole series. The survivors of the shipwreck that leads to Dungeon become the progenitors of the Vaulters in Legend, who leave Auriga and eventually survive to take part in Space. They're the biggest link being shared between the games, and I feel like they wouldn't go back on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Mokinokaro posted:

They were on Auriga for enough generations to forget they were space travellers.

Not only that, it's long enough for them to have forgotten the crash site that became their homeland, for the earth to have completely covered and buried the ship and surrounding dungeon, and for Opbot to have sustained memory damage through sheer age.

It's entirely possible for the origin of the Vaulters to have gotten lost relatively quickly, given that our sample of the original crash's survivors includes very few people who would tell the story. Far more telling of the probable age of the Vaulter civilization is how old the physicalities of it must be.