Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Time to play! Might give Riftborn a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Colonizing planets has little cutscenes now. It's well sexy.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Deleter posted:

Holy gently caress I just came back to this and the voice acting on the race selection screen :stare: I didn't know that was going to be a thing. The Sophon VA is loving it.

Gonna play as the tree peoples and see how that goes.
They also speak on the diplomacy screen!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Usually different dudes voted into the senate.

Why can't I make a custom game?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is there a way to change the resolution outside of the game? Mine has spazzed out and made it so big I can't even access the confirm button in the options menu to change it back. It's locked so I can't even move it about.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Overminty posted:

Not at my pc right now so I can't confirm this but have you checked the documents folder for Endless Space 2 to look for an ini or xml file? I think there was one for Legend called Registry.xml
Cheers mate. This worked after some fiddling about.

Does anyone know where the soundtrack saves to?

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 19, 2017

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So I managed to fix my display issues and win the game I was in.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 19, 2017

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Riftborn quest line is super good and the soundtrack is amazing.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Clarste posted:

Oh, haha, the Riftborn get Reverse Terraforming. They turn Fertile worlds into Sterile ones. That's awesome.

The sensory deprivation chambers were a really nice touch too!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yo wtf. The unfallen just stole systems off me.

Time to start the logging industry boys.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

IAmTheRad posted:

What's the benefit for having different species on my planets? I mean I assimilated 2 minor factions and have Hissho and the Amoeba chilling in my land. Not to mention I have a weird Horatio ship that I got for a quest and I just have him with my main strike force
Mouse over their icons and it'll give you a break down of what they do. Amoeba effect food income I think.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Dartonus posted:

Also, remember to occasionally stop to let your invasion fleets' manpower replenish, lest your invasion devolve into a hellish Space Vietnam as the defenders spam the Conscription option against your ragged and weary troops.
This is ground war with entrenched Cravers right here.

Anyone got any advice on early game with the cyborg space insects? I'm getting whooped or having revolts compared to how chill the Riftborn were.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Craver exclusive building at the the left seems sweet. It's a huge space hive for ships and fleets which gives +1 happiness per ship you have.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Clarste posted:

For one planet. It sucks. Or at least I wasn't able to build another one, even though it doesn't say "once per empire".

Much better is the Craver-exclusive final fleet-size upgrade: passively gives every single colony +50 Production for each opponent you're at war with. If you make sure to let your enemies survive with a single dinky outpost (which you should be doing anyway, for the Militarist happiness bonuses), this is amazing for the final 15 turns of the game.
If it's empire wide one structure should be +2 for better input maybe? Still seems handy with the huge fleets you could run. I've not built it yet but will do a Craver run through tonight.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

Excuse me temperate planets are full of creeping plants and sloshy water and frankly they are disgusting.
_________________________/

Riftborn are the best faction.

gently caress these scottish trees of friendship though, they are pure cunts. gently caress off with your swirly vine poo poo off my sterile planets.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The little art boxes and lore bits really add to the background for ES and EL too. I wonder if there is anywhere they can be downloaded, some of them are gorgeous.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Overminty posted:

A couple of the artists have artstation profiles. Don't know how many (if any) are wallpaper sized though.

https://www.artstation.com/artist/thomasducrest
https://www.artstation.com/artist/aurel
This is great. Thanks mate.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Dense & Dust Atmospheres both show up as sort of fog effect on the planet surface.

As does the one with multiple wormholes on a planets surface as these sort of colorful red-blue tumors.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They took back control and you have to provide the strong and stable government. :v:

Working through the Craver quest line currently in this game, it goes a pretty cool direction but I think the Riftborn one was way more interesting.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The art for this game. :allears:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'd not heard of Vanillaware before, was not quite expecting what came up on google. :stare:

The art of the cravers owns in general, esp the one with the Craver guy on the monorail chilling with others, or the one fist bumping the Sophon.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

S.J. posted:

God do I get ES 2 or Stellaris :negative:
Both. But this first imo as it has a clearer identity of what it's meant to be, though Stellaris has more sheer number of content.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Also important point is only one of these games has Horatio.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's a great game yup. I love the universe building this series has had just through basically snippets of lore and an accompanying picture.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bring back Sowers, maybe as an expanding minor faction.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Just downloaded the EL artbook and it's fantastic, thinking of taking it to a printers and getting a book copy made, because gently caress reading PDFs.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Baron von der Loon posted:

Oh wow, I hadn't seen this before. That looks lovely. It also contains information about the factions and everything?
Yup, a bunch of different concept designs and fluff blurbs. I'll take some pictures once I get it printed!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Well random ai spawns me necrophages two regions to my south and I'm playing roving clans. Gg?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Serephina posted:

Go take a walk Northwards?
I'm at the very top of the map. :v:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I ended up redoing as Broken Lords and got the Necrophages again but three regions north this time.

I've just kicked them back into one city and whenever they venture out I stomp em. It's all desert area too so they're starving for food (unless the ai cheats) and I'm rolling in dust.

I want an endless legend board game so much

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do you like Space 4x? then get this game!

There is a community event going on, more people play ES2 the more poo poo we get.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

As someone who purchased it in early access, I've gotten 95+ hours of it and I'm not bored yet
Same. Cravers for life.

What did the new patch add? Diplomacy overhaul? How does it work?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Riftborn were the successors to ES coolest faction, the Sowers.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pre-ordered the expansion because Amplitude are awesome.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Gotta say i love the Riftborn story quest. It descends into madness so fast.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The art on the Endless Hero that's been in the games is really something else in ES2.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Overminty posted:

More FlyByNo music is always worth it imo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJJQmYemc6c
I'd empty quote but, but it's Amplitude so it's worth getting.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Clarste posted:

It's a little sad that both Sowers and Harmony have been confirmed as minor factions now.
The Harmony seems a little weird as a minor faction, the last game played up them being a big threat. Sowers I can make sense of at least.

My poor Sowers :(

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Any tips on The Forgotten? They're cool but I am dreadful with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

KPC_Mammon posted:

Their units get destroyed in auto battle but are surprisingly good once you know what you are doing. How much do you delve into the tactical combat?
Not at all bud, it's the one bit I don't find very interesting about EL.