Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Any news of when Tempest drops? Really looking forward to it from what I've read about it.

I want to play as fishmen :krakken:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Reading the EL steam guide posted a small way back and curious about this bit:

quote:

- Very important and ignored by noobs : In Endless Legend, you can unset a city without penalty, and get back your settler. This broken ability (In my opinion) is very useful. You can while moving to the point you select, settle your settler each turn, and using the pacified villages and the Fidsi. Learn to exploit it at maximum.

Anyone mind going into more detail on this? Is it as simple as settling a city, making some quick gold/science then next turn salting the earth and moving your settler on?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Riso posted:

I just realised the custom faction is Kroot from the marvel movies. :cripes:

More it's every plant race from every science-fiction setting.

I find the designs slightly meh, dunno why they just don't gel with me.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Is co-op a thing in EL's multiplayer? Maybe that's what it refers to, or they're adding it / it's a Morgawr win condition.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jastiger posted:

Well the difference is for me is that even if the cities were diverse, the non necro or morg pops wouldn't be living in nice apts on the east side. Theyd be in hovels or pens as bargaining chips or as food. They should just not let those heroes have spies innately. Hire them sure, but spy? Ehh

Your fault for building Sewer Systems with fish people spies running about.

EDIT: Also the Morgarw are fun if seemingly very weak. They've got a nasty surprise in their questline. At one point you'll need to Catspaw two minor faction armies, then a Roving Trader army spawns and attacks your capital. It's surprisingly brutal if you're not prepared. Not sure if it'll trigger if you already had two Catspaw'ed armies prior to the quest.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 14, 2016

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Rygar201 posted:

Is there an Endless Legend for dummies primer somewhere?

I used this guide which is more multiplayer focused but still applies to a lot of stuff: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635764665

There's also the official forums, they had a bunch of how-to guides for EL but think they got deleted when they updated. Still there's some guides on there as well.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I haven't had much of a change to play since Tempest released but I was wondering, can Cultists control ocean tiles? Because that seems like it'd be a really massive boon to them.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Kaiju15 posted:

Anyone got tips or effort posts for Ardent Mages? I feel comfortable with just about every other faction, but for some reason I keep failing super hard with the bdsmages.

I remember from the multiplayer steam guide that instead of building your cities/districts in a more standard triangle shape, you want to build your cities up in U shapes. Place an arcane focus in the middle of the U and you'll reap maximum benefits. Sure someone can go into more detail about them though.

If we're throwing out requests, anyone got tips for the Morgw-Mogra-Mog-Murlocs?

I legit struggle trying to remember how to spell their name :downs:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Just the games you've started today. Think there's an achievement tied to it but you can mess with your comp clock if you're ever bothered to grab that.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Serephina posted:

Cultists are generally regarded as quite fun, and once you understand their unique conversion mechanic, quite straightforward and gratifying to play. The most "OP" in the objective sense of multiplayer is universally agreed as the Vaulters. Someone who's played competitive could enlighten us, but I suspect it has something to do with teleporting armies. Amongst the other huge grab bag of solid bonuses.

From the few guides I've read, and attempting it out in single player, Vaulters can get a really strong early game lead that can snowball out of control. They can jump to Second Age before turn 20 pretty easily (thanks to their starting science bonuses), which means that can get level 2 empire edicts (or whatever they're called, haven't played in a while), from there it really sets you up for the rest of the game.

EDIT: Also I didn't realise they released the Endless Legend artbook for free if you've got the game, love the artwork in this game :allears:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 27, 2017

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Wasn't Tempest also meant to be EL's final expansion? Until EL2 is announced I won't count out continued support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I've gotten back into EL due to lockdown, and the Mykara are now my favourite faction. Being able to teleport around the map like tactical-drop-mushrooms is sweet.