Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Clarste posted:

Razing planets is on the List.

Thank the Infidel, having to occupy them sucks. One more point in favor of the vampires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Dallan Invictus posted:

Also, there's that Guard button that fleets in orbit can use - changes the colour of the circle around a friendly system, says that it "stops enemy fleets for one turn when they arrive". Not sure if that ALSO stops them from invading, and it should probably be the default stance either way, but have people that have been having fleet bypass problems tried that?

I think it is stops them from arriving in the system for a turn. Like they stop just outside.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

With the current setup, I think the Sophons ability to research an era ahead is almost a trap. I just got womped by the Cravers in a recent game because I rapidly researched two era 2 techs but had neglected to research any military hulls. Whoops!

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Is rushing for the medium warships as Sophons dumb or playable?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Dallan Invictus posted:

It feels dumb to me because they take 3 command points each IIRC and the starting fleet cap is 4 (so you'll also need the command cap upgrade tech), but I've never deployed mediums so I'm not sure if that's a trade-off that's worth it. Maybe it will be, at release when "Cravers nearby" is not basically a guarantee.

It feels like it could be a good idea because you could probably field a medium vessel loaded up with long range weapons while everyone is putting around in lights with short range stuff

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I have yet to fields a carrier class hull, what are they for? Manpower modules and support stuff?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Scaling text costs needs work. It is heavily punishes under researching in era 1, IMO

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Dallan Invictus posted:

How would it punish under-researching? If anything, I think it punishes OVER-researching, and the problem is that with all the things you need and all the gameplay mechanics that are gated behind techs, over-researching in Era 1 is difficult to avoid.

I mean it makes going back to pick up something prohibitively time consuming for such a basic tech. If I'm popping back down to E1 in late E2 that tech is going to take a while.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

God, if in wants TI read the G2G boards but I really want to know what godawful suggestions they have for combating now

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Lichtenstein posted:

They're actually not diverse at all, but rather all populated by clones of the same 20 heroes.

That TNG episode was okay

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Is there an Endless Legend for dummies primer somewhere?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Angrymantium posted:

So I've got several hundred hours in Endless Space and Endless Legend, and am decently familiar with the games. To anyone who's played the early access for ES2, what's up with the forced peace people are talking about? It sounds like the poo poo the drakken can pull in EL, but is it actually available to every race in ES2? That sounds infuriating.

Wars just end after so long long, and the loser is assigned a Tribute to the winner (Dust/Turn).

I really like the idea, but there's definitely room for improvement.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Clarste posted:

Apparently it's a placeholder until diplomacy gets more fleshed out.

The general idea though is that wars shouldn't last forever by default and that wars of elimination should be rare.

I feel like they're going to have some work to do to square this with the Cravers. It's going to be fun watching this develop through EA. Hopefully the fan input doesn't lead to any really stupid poo poo

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

Yeah, it's hard to justify a truce with an alien race that intends to literally eat everyone in the galaxy. Same thing with migration... no I am not interested in having any of you guys living on my planet, eating everything in sight.

There needs to be a exterminate pop type option. This could tie into the political system, which could be amusing. I want to see pacifists and ecologists arguing over the ethics of Craver extermination

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Beamed posted:

Aren't you the one who thought Stellaris was as bad as Beyond Earth on release? :ironicat:

Chomp has awful games opinions, it is known.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Megazver posted:

In Endless Space 2? I played a few games of the new update with the United Empire, they seem way more chill now.

Good, my poor Sophons always ended up being a few systems away from the drat Cravers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Can someone post Endless Space 2 for idiots? Maybe just 4X for idiots, as on normal I find myself either getting stomped in an early war because I spent all my production on improvements, or I survive/win that one and then usually lose on score.