Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Ugh, I reinstalled because I hadn't played EL in forever, and I'm getting like 2 frames per second. Running on a GTX 980 Ti and similar hardware for the rest, drivers updated and on Windows 10. Anyone know why that might be?

E: Never mind, restarting Steam fixed it.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Messed around with Vodyani a bit. Interestingly, they exploit every planet in a system equally, colonization tech allowing (so, an Ark with 3 population in a system with 3 colonizable planets effectively has 9 pop, 3 each), which should make them monsters late game if they can snag 5 planet systems they can fully exploit.

Less interestingly, their Arks can't engage anyone in combat if they're attached to a system (they can be attacked, and defend themselves, but no offense). That'd be fine, but enemies can just ignore the Ark and deploy ground troops, and if they wipe out the defending troops, the Ark dies instantly. Maybe they left a thermal exhaust port open on the Ark :laugh:

Related, apparently there's no real way to stop an enemy from moving to your system and immediately launching a ground assault other than setting your ships one system out and setting them to Guard. Guarding a planet directly prevents the enemy fleet from bypassing the planet, but they can still initiate ground action.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Oct 7, 2016

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
There's a button to the right of the retrofit button (think it's second to last) that repairs.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Can I just point out how nice it is that the game now gives you suggestions on what to research next if you don't have another queued? Yeah it might lead to some dumb options if you don't at least have some idea of where stuff is (like me forgetting that System Development is in Economy and not Emipre Development), but it's a nice touch.

Also Treefolk are chill as gently caress.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Fhqwhgads posted:

Is my game bugged? I'm trying to send a colony ship to a star that's not connected by starlanes and it won't let me. It says I have to research Autonomous Materials. But I did, a while ago. How can I get to this system now?

I think the one you need is Baryonic Shielding.