Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Any indication of how the combat in ES2 is shaping up? It seems like the weak point in both ES and EL so that's the part I'm most skeptical of right now. Is the weapon/armor system still a simple RPS system or we got anything else going on really?

It looks like you can pick formations for your ships and the manoeuvres they perform during the fight. That's sort of what I got from a few PAX demo videos though, I'm not really certain if these formations/manoeuvres are just the replacement for their card system, or something else that adds some more variety and choice to a battle.

On the other hand though the cinematics for these battles look loving awesome. You can actually see articulating turrets shoot stuff instead of bullets and lasers just coming out of a ship. And it looks like ships show visible scratches and burns where they're hit (you know, instead of all projectiles zeroing in on the origin point of the ship model). It looks like it would be fun to watch some big space ship fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

So I'm giving Endless Space 2 early access a try. Been trying to figure out the combat system in this game. Can anyone tell me how to move ships to different flotillas? It doesn't seem to let me.

Also I don't suppose there's any information on the scan view during combat. It looks cool but I can't quite figure out what the green/red bars that seem to go up and down mean on the ships.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I'm still trying to figure out the game a bit, but can anyone tell me what's up with the Hyperium home planet perk? I can see that my home planet has Titanium and Hyperium. I have the tech to exploit both but I'm only getting a titanium income. Hyperium is at 0 for some reason.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Can anyone explain to me what the influence pressure between other major civilizations does? Is it influence income? Or the difference in stockpiled influence?

Does having a positive influence pressure make them like you more? Cause most of the major civilizations are way in the negative for pressure and they all seem to hate me I guess.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Is there an explanation somewhere about how Trading companies work?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

My invasions don't seem to be making much sense. I went to invade a system, and the battle went poorly, with most of my guys dying. At the end of the battle it says something like 185/700 remaining. The next turn I get the same ground battle prompt without trying to attack and I'm back up to 700/700. What's up?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

So I'm getting that "Turn forever pending" issue. Is this game just hosed at this point?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Does anyone know if a friend can play with me using the DLC as long as I own it? I know that's how it worked for their past games but I'm just checking to make sure.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Speaking of the Umbral Choir, I'm having a hell of a time basically being locked into a single path where an enemy AI just has defensive programs on every path I could hack through. I can't ever seem to successfully get a hack off so I'm trying to branch out. Is there a button I can use to force a hack over empty space? I know Ctrl click is for forcing ships to do that but it doesn't seem to work with hacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Yeah I figured that out eventually. Though it's extremely brutal since it's vital I start spreading sleepers and sanctuaries, I need to get 2 sleepers before I can place a sanctuary but the AI seems to just immediately purge my sleeper and if I go for long trace routes I'm waiting like 15 turns to actually do anything. I can't get 2 down before they purge them, unless I start close, and I can't start close because I get traced immediately