Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Which galaxy settings are you guys using? It seems the release patch made constellations a lot bigger for me. I usually run many constellations with high density.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I don't think Riftborn get the happiness penalties from lifeless planets, quite the opposite. My game I was running 90+ approval on all my colonies and I didn't even build super markets.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Cravers already get 2 gun slots on the exploration hull so really not that much of a need to grab the ship tech too early. If you luck out and get the expedition gun module which is 12 dps (like I did in my current game) you have pretty much already defeated your first neighbor.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm hosting a multiplayer game with map goons tomorrow at 8pm gmt (saturday) if anyone's interested. We've had some decent internal interest and might run a regular Saturday game if that sticks. Tomorrow is endless legends and it will be a three hour session.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Yes I'm hosting another one next Saturday.

We had a good time in chat trying to figure out how the drat game works but I couldn't figure out how to set the game pave to quick and I picked a normal size map for 5 people so nobody ever fought either. Next time will definitely be a quick, small map and hopefully a lot more competition once people get comfortable with the game.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I went with a 60s turn timer that starts once only one person is left to do a turn, that seemed to work out alright.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Gonna be another game on the Mapgoons discord tonight in about 8 hours. If you need the link you can find it in the private games sub forum.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Avasculous posted:

The game was fun, and provided Demiurge didn't drive everyone away by DOING EXACTLY WHAT I ASSURED THEM WOULDN'T HAPPEN IN OUR "CASUAL, 'FRIENDLY GAME", we're going to go again next week.

Well nobody told me that :smug:

It was a fun game but I probably shouldn't have picked Necrophages. Playing them there wasn't really an option not to eat everyone close to me, on the bright side it was my first victory in MP ever!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I’m game next Saturday. I’m going to try out a less genocidal empire this time, probably the mages who I’ve never played.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Beacons seem really strong. Set one up early game in a 50 science system and it was a huge booster.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

For those of you interested, I’ll be running weekly games of endless space 2 every Saturday at 1600 gmt for Mapgoons. If you want to join in you can find the mapgoon discord in the private games sub forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Me and some buddies in the Mapgoons discord have been interested in trying out ES2 and we did a quick game last night. None of us have really done multiplayer in it and I figure it’ll take a few weeks of games to get everyone to a place where we can play it competitively, but I’m very interested in getting a weekly game going and I figured this is the best place to shop around for interested people.

I’m a little curious about what the best galaxy gen settings should be. I’ve been going with the disc galaxy but ideally I’d like every player to start in their own constellation. We played on fast last night but it seems too fast so we’ll probably do normal speed in the future. If anyone’s got any tips I’d be grateful. We’re using all the DLC except awakening.