Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Do we know if there's a necrophage-like race for ES2? I just wanna consume the galaxy in murderbugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Just tried the turn 10 tier 2 plans trick. Had a settler down on turn 10. Cost me 150 dust to get all the buildings.

:catstare:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, Vodyani feel like they're sort of a mix between broken lords and wild walkers. Their ark ships are really interesting, they probably want to slam down the colonization techs down and find 3 easily colonizable planets to just pump out tons of everything. Finding the nearby minor faction I think is going to be crucial as well. Getting one that's next door and and leeching them for 50 essence/turn means that you have a turn 5-6 2 pop Ark, and a second Ark by turn 15 specifically for leeching, so your units can go and scout around for ideal systems to move to.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I kinda wish that there was an option to slowly repair them other than paying a mountain of dust. Then again, I'm not spending a bunch of dust elsewhere, and it's fairly easy to get high in the black if you research the tier 1 economic techs.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Repair costs are getting cut by 2/3rds next patch.

Cool, now just let me glass a planet as the Vodyani and I'll be happy.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Anyone figure out what's the best way to spend essence as the Vodyani? Currently I'm going Ark1 Pop > Build Ark2 > Ark2 pop > Ark1 pop > Ark2 pop> Build Ark3 > Ark3 pop> Ark3 pop. That usually gets me right before era 2 at around turn 35 or so.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Bogart posted:

It's so hard for me to stop focusing on food in Endless Legend at any cost coming from...Christ, 1k hours of CiV. Help me, endless goons.

Play necrophages, turn gears into units, use units to make food.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Safety Scissors posted:

I just got endless legend (emperor version) like two weeks ago when it was on sale. Ho boy, they're not kidding about the endless part. I've only finished one game so far. I think the OP is super bad. First of all it doesn't even mention all the races that are in the emperor version. It also doesn't cover the DLC, and what it provides. Finally, there should be some basic tips in there that aren't covered in the tutorial. Leveling up your districts and how trade routes work are a couple things that come to mind.

The emperor edition doesn't add a new race??? It adds the Ice warg minor faction, and a new drakken hero skin. Unless you're talking about the Mezari, which are identical to Vaulters aside from their heroes.

As for trade routes, they automatically happen when you research Imperial Highways and build the Right of Way improvement in your city. They'll automatically generate as more nearby cities build the Right of Way improvement.

Boroughs level up when there are 4 adjacent city expansion improvements beside them.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Necrophages are awesome, but you can't go sim city with them. The thing is that every battle you win era 2 and later means your army multiplies, and goes beyond the standard army maximums. They snowball really hard because you just overwhelm your opponents with sheer force of numbers, and because every unit you kill goes towards stockpiles means that your cities grow to massive sizes. Which means more production for units and gold for upkeep.The thing is to start attacking early and then just never stop, upgrading your armies in your captured/razed cities. You can go for all the different victories (aside from diplomatic), but everything will be fueled by domination.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 28, 2016