Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i was gonna buy ES2 with a friend, but then we saw that multiplayer is listed as one of the things that's gonna be added later

any word on how far off that is? i'm thinking of grabbing the game anyway since it's a discounted price right now, but it'd be nice to know about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The roving clans' "cut" is always like 6 dust in my experience and I'm not really sure why it exists at all if that's all you get. Am I missing something about that?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Endless legend is a civ empire building game with not-nonexistent-combat-mechanics

Age of wonders 3 is a combat focused game with not-nonexistent-empire-building-mechanics

If you played AoW3 and said "I don't care about fighting much, but I care a lot about city management" then EL is the game for you. It's a lot more like civilization games.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

It decreases the city fortification by a certain amount every turn, depending on how strong your units are.

So if you sat there and sieged his city for 20 turns you would've gotten to fight his militia Sans fortification

If he attacks you I don't believe he gets fortification bonus

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Combat in EL is weird. I'm not really a fan of it, manual combat is a little dull.

At the same time the combat AI is retarded so auto-battling often feels like crippling yourself.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Yes you can do that. It's not very intuitive but the ability to do that exists.

Ultimately I feel like battles tend to be decided way more by "who has the beefiest dudes with the most expensive equipment" than tactics or unit composition. Manual battle you can get a lot of mileage out of but that's because the battle AI is spectacularly dumb, and there's still basically nothing you can do vs a tech advantage anyways.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Try just the base game first if there isn't a sale. It's a good game but it's not my favorite, personally.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

playing as the horatio, there's some late-game quest that lets you build soup factories. the soup factory gives +10 happiness and +3 food per pop.

it is also rebuildable? i could conceivably build 10 soup factories in a row in a system and guarantee 100% happiness forever. is assume this is a bug of some kind?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i don't really like how the constellations play out. in my horatio game, i was stuck on a constellation and sent probes in every direction possible, and there wasn't anything i could jump to in probe range. so, until i researched wormholes, a level 4 research, i was just stuck on my constellation without any other factions to interact with. so i basically played sim city for a stupid amount of time

if i was cravers, i'd be really, really pissed.

also, upgraded probes don't seem to, uh, do anything? i tried the hyperium probes and doing a side by side comparison with the normal probes, they seemed exactly the same in every way (except for needing to take 2 turns to replenish instead of 1. that was the only difference i could see). what's the point of paying more for better probes then? is this just an unimplemented part of the game?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the concept of yggdrasil?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I always felt like I saw a victory that left enemy units still alive far too often.

Also I always thought the broken lords were the tryhard winhard faction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

They were slaughtering me at 1:3 odds.

EL isn't my favorite game but this didn't tell you that you were missing something?