Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Tulip posted:

Has there been a completed EL LP? It seems like it would be timely for one to start now or soon-ish. I'd volunteer but I'm really bad (I used to be able to beat the game consistently through Serious but I fired up last night and was struggling on Normal); also I only have Frozen Fangs.
Courtesy of some french dude on steam, this guide explains how to break the game over your knee, no skill required: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635764665

HTH your LP.

Like with Endless Space, the AI is moronic and falls over dead if you pay more attention to how the game mechanics work than the cursory glance the devs give it.

Conspiratiorist fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Tulip posted:

1800 hours :stare:

This is a really in depth guide. Didn't know about the settle & salt trick.

Some of that's stuff that's outside how I was thinking - I tend(ed) to think that food was good for starting cities, so that they can recover back to two pop in time to pump out additional settlers. It's a little long for me to read all in one go but I'll definitely try to get through it.

Oh yeah, leave it to competitive players to show you that everything you thought you knew is wrong. I had a similar experience with Civ V and MoO2 after reading up on multiplayer tactics and watching competitive matches.