Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016
Anyone have any impressions on the ES2 digital deluxe edition? I think the two new heroes are only potentially meaningful change for me. Are they particularly differentiated from other heroes in terms of gameplay, or is it just a portrait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016

Overminty posted:

They're just portraits.

You saved me £7 ($1), cheers.

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016
Doe the ES2 AI cheat really, really hard? I'm Sophon and my home system has a population of six. The Lumeris next door have a home system with pop 9. The crappy first planet they colonised around the same time as I colonised mine has a pop of 6 after about 10 turns, while mines has a pop of 2. They seem to be expanding way faster than is possible for me.

Gammymajams fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 7, 2016

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016
Anyone ever had their food surplus start converting to industry once their planets fill up? I don't have the tech that makes this happen, and it seems really overpowered. I'm pretty sure it must be a bug, I'm Horatio if that matters.

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016
I got the population bonus at 50, yes. I wonder if it's a bug where it becomes industry instead of influence, because my production just went crazy when my home system filled up. It was at 2-300 production and now it's at 928.

Edit: If this isn't a bug I'd like to know what causes it, because I want to be able to do this every game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016

Clarste posted:

Well, you can mouse over the production number to see exactly where it's coming from. If it says "converted from food" that would answer it.

Yes, my biggest industry system has 998 production, +730 of which is converted from food. I'd just be interested in knowing if this is a standard feature that always happens when a system fills up, or if I did something to trigger it.