Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Just reinstalled es2 and lost my day to it. I found Stellaris too dull. The fluff is cool and the scope is great (some great music too) but its just too slow and lifeless.

ES2 has a really good flow to the game. It's VERY easy to sink a ton of hours into it in one sitting. It's a drat good game. They've taken all the good things for ES1 and EL and made a really good game here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Midnightghoul posted:

They really do a bad job of letting people know what's going on, since I had no idea either were coming anytime soon and I check the news feed on the steam page for them every so often

You should be on their forums (the games2gether site) if you really want to follow and track what's going on.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

fuf posted:

gonna give endless space 2 a whirl for the first time since release and was gonna ask about DLC but from reading this page it sounds like I might be better off just playing the base game?

Unless there's like one or two DLCs that are genuinely good and mesh well with the base game?

I think all the DLCs are good except for the last one which was mediocre at best.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
For anyone who's played the ED opendev.

What're your thoughts on "the doors". Hearing mixed things about it.

I've put about 16 hours into it and I'm finding the pacing to be just right. Not missing the turn based nature of the original at all.

I'm surprised tbh. I've gone blind over the last couple of years so I tend to prefer slower paced games.