Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The way invasions work right now do not exactly interact well with the way Vodyanoi work right now.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Yeah, just expand into foresty areas hard, focus on production and food, then build those archers, give them blue/yellow bows as soon as you can and skullfuck the continent.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So, I decided to check out EL again with all the DLCs I missed. What is the biggest the pearl nodes grow? When is a good time to start harvesting them?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Speedball posted:

Ugh, the thing that keeps getting me is goddamn Fomorian boats appearing out of nowhere to kill my fortresses. You really need to garrison every one of them or you run the risk of losing them.

On Normal, at least, once you've taken all the fortresses in the province and thus claimed it as your own the Fomorians won't spawn and other factions can't attack them without declaring war. Before that it's a bit of a brawl.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I usually find that military victories are the fastest route. Just make, like, a two, three stack army and bulldoze through his territory one city at a time.

Or just quit and start a new game. You've already won, you just haven't gotten the victory screen.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Baron Porkface posted:

Is the early access A.I. still on super aggressive mode?

In Endless Space 2? I played a few games of the new update with the United Empire, they seem way more chill now.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Ramadu posted:

Is there some super broken custom races I could make for endless legend? I beat it with Broken Lords and Vaulters and was looking around the internet but didn't seem to see anything like this.

I vaguely recall making Broken Lords with the Necrophage one district per pop ability and it being p. fun.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So I'm giving Endless Space 2 early access a try. Been trying to figure out the combat system in this game. Can anyone tell me how to move ships to different flotillas? It doesn't seem to let me.

Without launching the game to check, uh, select the ship/s you want to move (you might have to hold CTRL to select multiple ships) press the New Fleet button (I believe it's a [ + ] ), then select the two fleets you want to merge, holding CTRL, and press the Merge button.

quote:

Also I don't suppose there's any information on the scan view during combat. It looks cool but I can't quite figure out what the green/red bars that seem to go up and down mean on the ships.

AFAIK there's basically no reason to even go into that mode, other than wanting to look at pretty spaceships.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So I haven't played the last few versions and gave this one a whirl. Who the hell thought the planet climates and anomalies just being icons unless you mouse over the planet was a UI improvement? And you can't turn it off, either. Jesus.

Not a fan of the redone science screen, either. Yeah, it's more like ES than EL now, but guess what, EL had a better science screen.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Man. I tried playing this again and it's so frustating. The presentation is amazing, from UI, to graphics, to lore, to music; too bad the rest of it is just... not good. The devs' bizarre insistence on making the combat dogshit, the geometrically progressing micro, the hundred techs and hundred buildings and just the whole edifice of the gameplay as taken in its totality, it's all such a pile of crap, sweetened only by that potato-chip-like one-more-turn quality that is inherent to the 4X games and isn't something that they can claim as their own doing. I want to like this! Why is this so unfun?!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Here's an EL combat pro-tip: pick a faction with a non-poo poo ranged unit (Wind Walkers) rush upgraded 2H bows for them, ignore all other unit types. If you're playing a faction without non-poo poo ranged units, find the Hurnas (the orcs with bows) and assimilate them to build their units. Then just focus-fire motherfuckers.

EL combat is kinda poo poo.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 28, 2017

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

cerious posted:

Honestly you could just upgrade weapons and armor for a single stack and just auto-complete combat. Your dudes will hardly take damage if the discrepancy in equipment is large enough.

Yeah, that's for when you've pulled ahead. The bows are crucial, the armor is 'when you can', the auto-complete's for when you're on a roll.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Ruins not being buildable-over is so loving dumb.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
You could make the quests change... or you could just make ruins count as districts that can be developed, that you could still visit if a quest requires it, if you wanted.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=945048590

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'd like to see an RPG released in the Endless Legend setting. At least a tabletop RPG sourcebook/campaign or something.