Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

just fought a boss in titan quest who can kill me in one hit, and read online that you need an unrealistic amount of stun resistance for this difficulty to be able to survive him. [italian chef kissing fingers] epic.

which boss is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

which boss is it?

the neanderthal guy in the (i guess) himalayas

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is it the giant dude outside the ice cave in a3? he's a loving monster, you basically have to kite his attacks and plink away at him if you don't have banner or some other OP poo poo e: lmao yep, that guy reaaallly sucks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he also has an epic meteor attack that will oneshot any and all characters, banner or not. really epic boss balance in tq

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Always funny when the unassuming sidequest boss is almost final boss tier in loving your poo poo up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah tq was built around the idea that it's a ~real 3d game~ so the combat should be all dynamic with you moving around to avoid stuff instead of just clicking on everything. sounds cool on paper but in practice it's insanely annoying and fucks over melee characters hard

modern 3d diablolikes make it very clear when you're about to get hosed, like the damage rings around explosions in d3. in titanquest you just get killed lol

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 20, 2016

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a very dated game in a lot of ways but it's a classic anyway

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I still play diablo 2 but for some reason on both my poo poo laptops the game takes 20 minutes to start. Sometimes I start it up even if I dont want to play because hell by the time it starts i might

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The labyrinth sucks.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

It's a very dated game in a lot of ways but it's a classic anyway

Yeah, grim dawn and poe make titan quests age really show

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah tq was built around the idea that it's a ~real 3d game~ so the combat should be all dynamic with you moving around to avoid stuff instead of just clicking on everything. sounds cool on paper but in practice it's insanely annoying and fucks over melee characters hard

modern 3d diablolikes make it very clear when you're about to get hosed, like the damage rings around explosions in d3. in titanquest you just get killed lol

Typhoon was already painful as a melee/caster hybrid.
For all the annoying things like over reliance on potions, melee being hardest and my storage being over half full in enhancers I can't stop playing it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Get dual wielding, find 2x katanas from killing tigermen in China and reach almost 200% attack speed.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm half dream, so maybe there's a projectile support i'm missing somewhere. like i guess my nightmare familiar could be doing a little bit of that.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

The labyrinth sucks.

i think its cool! but yeah the third phase izaro fight is horrid lol

argus is also supposed to just maul you to death, he is by design harder than izaro. if you go in there its cause youre ballsy or you hosed up

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
When are y'all trying to get another sesh in.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

When are y'all trying to get another sesh in.

im down tonight+right now lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'll play in about an hour if I don't go to a friends. I killed the great white human being real quick and upgraded all my gear to rares.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

replacing names with the word human being..thats extremely my poo poo lmfao. always gets me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't tonight but I can tomorrow.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

replacing names with the word human being..thats extremely my poo poo lmfao. always gets me

tayne orbs

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Kazvall posted:

tayne orbs

This joke gets funnier every time it's made

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

rediscover posted:

This joke gets funnier every time it's made

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the scion ascendancy sucks dick lol what the gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got into cruel and beat the lab w/ rediscov. every mob in cruel is magic or rare lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the labyrinth is fuckin crazy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

the scion ascendancy sucks dick lol what the gently caress

She gets weaker versions of every other ascendancy though so you can do some cool hybrid stuff, which is what Scion is for anyway

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

She gets weaker versions of every other ascendancy though so you can do some cool hybrid stuff, which is what Scion is for anyway

yeah i wanted to make a pure lightning sorc w/ the scion and shortly realized that was a big mistake lol but it's working out anyway, i instagib everything with spark

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah i wanted to make a pure lightning sorc w/ the scion and shortly realized that was a big mistake lol but it's working out anyway, i instagib everything with spark

Spark was my fave spell before the Great Shotgunning Nerf so I'm glad they buffed it again. It's replaced Fire Trap and Fire Totem as my main leveling skill.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bobnumerotres posted:

theorycraft:

scion can go assassin for a permanent increased base critchance, and deadeye for more and better projectiles = owns with ball lightning

you can do two ball lightnings, one with lmp for packs and one with slower projectiles for bosses

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Has anyone heard anything about Zenith? came out on steam yesterday and had no time to check it out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Real Foogla posted:

theorycraft:

scion can go assassin for a permanent increased base critchance, and deadeye for more and better projectiles = owns with ball lightning

you can do two ball lightnings, one with lmp for packs and one with slower projectiles for bosses

ive been using ball lightning to generate power charges since it hits so many times, then my spark is super lethal. its cool how you can be creative like that

the lab is way more fun when you take it slow and find all the secret giant loot chests instead of going in overleveled and making a beeline for the boss, ive died a few times but i've found some major upgrades

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol when i tabbed back in the game the servers restarted

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i didnt get to play for a while cause i had to go out of town for a show and my poo poo as slaptop cant run anything but witch has an elemental tree is aw + is it viable to do

i been using the cold wave so far but i dont want to specialize in an element like ice and then find out nuclear explosion murder exists in a2 and that wanst fire damage

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

from what ive seen every element gets a lot of cool spells. hell even physical has a spell where you make it rain swords

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

from what ive seen every element gets a lot of cool spells. hell even physical has a spell where you make it rain swords

Its going to be hard to choose an element to stick with

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just finished a major deadline, so i'm taking tomorrow off to get fully crapulent w/ an all day gaming sesh. might break out POE for that purpose.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kazvall and i played through act II today and stopped in the act III town, and will try to play again tomorrow or this weekend, if people wanna sync up for an epic saturday marathon or something.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive been using ball lightning to generate power charges since it hits so many times, then my spark is super lethal. its cool how you can be creative like that

the lab is way more fun when you take it slow and find all the secret giant loot chests instead of going in overleveled and making a beeline for the boss, ive died a few times but i've found some major upgrades

Orb of Storms is better for this btw. It's like almost designed for power charge on crit

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i played through the first handful of quests in act 1. it's fun! i'm running a duelist, and the materia style skill gems are pretty awesome. so is the currency system w/ scrolls and trinkets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Orb of Storms is better for this btw. It's like almost designed for power charge on crit

quickly realized that when i played a bit w rediscov lol

• Locked thread