Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i made a 2h "beefy dude that hits stuff" a build that is impossible to gently caress up and the only way to beat malachai, on normal, was to throw like 20 deaths at him lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that happened to me too. I was like oh, man, my build must have just sucked, so I came back with a Duelist with Resolute Technique and had a shitload of armor and evasion and still got wrecked in one or two hits.

I loving hate the PoE community because of stuff like early Act 4. You occasionally see people on the forums still whining that they need to remove vendor skill gems and nerf the drop rates for currency because its ruining the game or something

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

has anybody gotten through van helsing?

i've had that game for a while

is that the same thing as Victor Vran? I just saw that and it looks kinda cool

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

small hendren posted:

is that the same thing as Victor Vran? I just saw that and it looks kinda cool
i thought maybe they did a name change but its actually two separate games from two devs that look identical, lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Victor Vran is fun. Also the va for Geralt is the main character and he's just doing the same exact voice

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just reached merc on my main, still have maxed resists, oneshotting most mobs and can't die. this has to be the strongest character i've made and it's probably cause essences are so great, there's no way they're taking them out

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Van Helsing is cool because no matter what class you are you always have a kewl ghost lady as back up (you level her up and give her items too iirc)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

poe is surprisingly good, im killing monkeys in a forest and having a grand old time

a guy in gen chat yesterday exclusively said "I LOVE MILFS" every 3 minutes or so

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol i wanted to ask what unholy might was in general chat cause i found this

but theyre currently in an endless screaming match about trump and poo poo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

lol i wanted to ask what unholy might was in general chat cause i found this

but theyre currently in an endless screaming match about trump and poo poo

Check the wiki, but I think that's the buff that endurance charges get. I know onslaught is attack, move, and cast speed like frenzy charges

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just checked and it's a 30% damage buff as chaos damage, which is really powerful. but also giving a rare/boss that makes it an suicide amulet unless you have chaos innoc lol

it's cool that there are a lot of uniques designed for niche builds but it feels like they're the majority, like, just give me a really strong hammer or something

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Peep the numbers, Dipshit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Peep the numbers, Dipshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpVopAezDdA

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Still playing TQ and blowing up poo poo with volcanic orbs and eruptions, maybe I'll download PoE today/tomorrow/during the weekend for a change of pace

So many ARPGS and so little time

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

i just checked and it's a 30% damage buff as chaos damage, which is really powerful. but also giving a rare/boss that makes it an suicide amulet unless you have chaos innoc lol

it's cool that there are a lot of uniques designed for niche builds but it feels like they're the majority, like, just give me a really strong hammer or something

They have those but most people like niche builds. A lot of the boring but just good uniques get used for leveling though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wanna play path of exile w some pimps tonight

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

Me too but I got called in to work today so I'm probably just gonna go to the bar instead

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

Me too but I got called in to work today so I'm probably just gonna go to the bar instead

loving Muhammad...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

loving Muhammad...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

I was busy last night but I'll be around tonight

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just got to act 2 and was like "oh gently caress, a jungle level"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sector_corrector posted:

i just got to act 2 and was like "oh gently caress, a jungle level"

It's a good jungle level

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i like mostly everything about this game, but the scarcity of ID scrolls, and their dual purpose as currency is sort of pissing me off. i have all of this unIDed loot and i'd probably vendor it anyway, but it would be nice to at least check it against my current stuff without having to worry about wasting the scroll.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im swimming in ID scrolls but largely because i never use the loot i find, pretty much jsut use essences

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh yeah, back to back discussion in general chat today: whether or not trump is good, followed by an indepth debate about "SJWs"

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
I think you stay ok on ID scrolls if you just ID rare (yellow) and higher, don't bother with blue stuff unless at a glance you can tell it's better than what you have. Generally with essences you can just keep an eye out for normal gear with good slots and then use an essence on them, skipping over blues entirely.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

fiber posted:

I think you stay ok on ID scrolls if you just ID rare (yellow) and higher, don't bother with blue stuff unless at a glance you can tell it's better than what you have. Generally with essences you can just keep an eye out for normal gear with good slots and then use an essence on them, skipping over blues entirely.

yeah, that's pretty much what i've been doing. it does occasionally feel like i should be playing with a guide, which seems terrible for a first playthrough. i've been going with what looks cool and what fits the gems i have, which has ended up being a duelist with melee focused skills using a 2hander. apparently that's like the worst build possible according to the idiots in chat, but idc.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
I started out doing whatever til I noticed that redoing skill points seemed like a pretty rare thing then I chickened out and switched to a build I could follow. I didn't mind doing that but the problem with those is you have to be really committed to reaching the Merciless endgame for them to be worthwhile and I ended up getting burnt out (for now, I just put it down this weekend) shortly after beating Normal. It seems like a pretty long game even though I'm sure Cruel and Merciless is a lot faster, you still feel like you have to do the sidequests since some of them give skill points, stat increases, etc.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

duelist has an ascendancy specifically for being a 2 hander, never listen to the general chat lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's pretty rare in these games that i ever do nightmare or hell modes, so i'm just enjoying the ride and picking stuff that seems fun. POE seems custom tailored to people who play exactly the opposite way tho, lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the game only really gets challenging in hell mode, and even then you have all of ez act 1 to find some major gear improvements.

it's really hard to gently caress up your build. you could be inefficient maybe w/ the passives but that's something that can be easily tweaked with respec points if you ever feel you need it. beyond doing dumb poo poo like making a melee char and going for all the +spell damage and cast speed stuff you really can't gimp somoene.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

the game only really gets challenging in hell mode, and even then you have all of ez act 1 to find some major gear improvements.

it's really hard to gently caress up your build. you could be inefficient maybe w/ the passives but that's something that can be easily tweaked with respec points if you ever feel you need it. beyond doing dumb poo poo like making a melee char and going for all the +spell damage and cast speed stuff you really can't gimp somoene.

hmmm, i really don't feel like playing through this thing 2 more times.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Then begone with ye

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

hmmm, i really don't feel like playing through this thing 2 more times.

i always find myself craving more at the end of normal, wanting to see how batshit my character can become, the extra difficulties are actually really good cause there's new poo poo everywhere and monster packs are way larger

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish could just start the game in act 1 merciless though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah switching from my +40% movespeed chargelot that instagibs everything so hard the game starts lagging cause it's struggling loading all the loot to my dude in act 2 whose slowly beating up poo poo with molten strike feels awful lol

but joining random parties really helps for getting through the slow beginnings, unique rates also explode in cruel+merc so you find a lot of twinking gear. wanderlust is a gamechanger

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's getting that first farming character to merciless that sucks about new leagues IMO.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
I'm about to get Grim Dawn through Humble Bundle, so how do I not gently caress this up

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Inco posted:

I'm about to get Grim Dawn through Humble Bundle, so how do I not gently caress this up

What exactly are you asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inco posted:

the numbers on your credit card go into the corresponding box on the website. you might be tempted to "freestyle" some numbers, but take it from me, you don't want to do that.

• Locked thread