Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
really the only reason i don't play poe more is they still make you do the story 3 times before opening up their version of d3 rifts and my dream arpg is enter dungeon -> click monster -> get loot

it's always act 2 that stops me because the jungle sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

Fear not friend. A2 is shorter now

yeah but i wish it didn't exist at all ykwim

act 2 is the only one i outright dislike because it was huge and required a ton of walking back and forth and the monster density was generally garbage iirc

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
also all desert acts. act 3 doesn't count cause you don't spend the whole thing in a desert, i liked finally getting to the part where youre at the palace cause the density goes up and the dungeons are more concise

basically i want lots of a in my arpg. big packs of monsters and evil men i must decimate with my magical and martial skill.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

sector_corrector posted:

like, a lot of these games (even modern ones) have stuff that carries over from classic MMORPG design that was there to get people to pay subscription fees, but these games have never had subscription fees, so just get rid of that poo poo

d3 gets this super right in their seasons cause you can just click the nephalem rift thing at level 1 and go to town

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
like if poe did that with their maps (let them be usable and doable at level 1) i would be all over that

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
if you don't do the story you miss out on skill points and other stuff like the bandit passives tho so even if you did get rushed you'd have to go back and do it

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i thinkt he last time i played i actually played w/you??

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
gamer confession: ive never played through d2, i got to act 3 with my brother once and we had no idea what we were doing and just were getting crushed and got frustrated and quit

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i made a witcha nd i'm tryin spellcast for the first time. i will see how it goes.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol, cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i didnt get to play for a while cause i had to go out of town for a show and my poo poo as slaptop cant run anything but witch has an elemental tree is aw + is it viable to do

i been using the cold wave so far but i dont want to specialize in an element like ice and then find out nuclear explosion murder exists in a2 and that wanst fire damage

• Locked thread