Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I'm playing Moonhunters, which is on sale on steam right now. It's a coop ARPG where you're the village hero that is trying to recover the moon god while a bunch of sun cultists try to usurp her as the main religion. Each play through goes about 40 minutes and its areas play out kind of like The Binding of Isaac where each branch in an area will usually have some sort of event that will either give you items, lore, or statboosts depending on what you pick.

Events are things like wrestling with Gilgamesh because you tell him that you're stronger than him, telling a travelling loremaster to quit whining, or breaking into someone's house because they won't answer the door for you.

The art and music are really good, but for whatever reason they have the music set to blast your ears out by default so you have to turn it down a little bit unless you want a headache. The fights seem pretty easy unless you do something retarded.

There is almost no lore hand holding besides a quick intro and outtro, and I'm still trying to figure out if I'm currently writing my game's lore with each play through or what is going on with it. It's kind of vague with mixed up, confused timelines like King of Dragon Pass where your heroes and what they do gets recorded with everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Checking back in with Moon Hunters. It's definitely an ARPGlite because the combat never really gets more difficult and it is pretty easy to beat if you don't just smash your face into things that will kill you. The music and art is good, but you may only get four or five playthroughs of 30-40 minutes each before you pretty much run the course of the game. For a completionist you could probably finish the game blind within six to seven hours of play. It'd be a super great game if they made the ARPG aspect of it more actiony and engaging, but it's just a good story/pixel art game with a mediocre ARPG attached to it.

• Locked thread