Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Check out Victor Vran if you like ARPGs, steampunk and memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whichever d2 mod it was that added the insane OP necro summon but the balance for it was that if you died, it turned into a nearly unkillable enemy, is probably the coolest summon I've seen in a game. Good memories of trying to spawn new ones to kill the old ones and suddenly it spiraled out of control and there were 8 megafuckers chasing our group around for half an hour

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is PoE cool now? I think i tried playing it forever ago

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

im gonna be playing lots of poe tonight, msg me on steam or whatever if you wanna do a new run

Friend and i played through act 1 today and its pretty epic. ill def be on later as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm in act 2 normal myself.

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh hell yeah

We are reaching the end of act 2 i believe. about to find a pyramid and raise some darkness? I didnt plan anything on the talent tree, just took it one branch at a time basically and lucked into a pretty sick build, claws + frenzy + life steal stuff with dex stacked up. its a lot of fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If shadow is the duel wielding guy on the character select he's really fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good killing Bob. I was saying since there's interest in this game again, we should organize like everyone making a Lvl 1 guy and playing through the game together.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i delete all my standard characters

also in training hmu when you're in the 40s lol

drat i love big numbers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I went heavy into claw weapons but i keep getting claws high int requirements. hope i didnt mess up going 100% dex

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat fine sesh. I dont think 2h barbarian guy is as fun as dual wielding shadow but I havent gotten a whole lot of abilities yet so it may open up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think in a2 you get an ability called sunder, it shoots an anime wave out that hits hard, and the hits cause shockwaves for even more dmg so it completely shreds groups. you also get an earthquake and poo poo, they added way more interesting high level melee skills

Noice. Im also waiting for the atk speed inrease so I can stack green bonus gems on leap and use it to just comically flatten people around the map, which is something that pops up in a2 from what I remember.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't tonight but I can tomorrow.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kazvall and i played through act II today and stopped in the act III town, and will try to play again tomorrow or this weekend, if people wanna sync up for an epic saturday marathon or something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not as immediately flexible but the way you build characters actually reminds of the souls games because you can do anything with anybody really. They also give you a healthy amount of respec points through the campaign so you can always tweak and revisit stuff later if you get a sweet skill gem or something that you want to make a whole build around

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i'm currently running into socket problems right now. i sort of want to upgrade some gear, but i really need that space for gems so i can do stuff. it's a cool trade-off.

The gem system makes me like this game a lot more than the countless imitators and actual D2 itself

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Friday = BLOPS
Saturday = POE

The epic weekend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i wanna play path of exile w some pimps tonight

I was busy last night but I'll be around tonight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im swimming in ID scrolls but largely because i never use the loot i find, pretty much jsut use essences

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should get back to my Poe game, I was gonna turn my 2H barb into a blood magician or whatever because that sounded cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody wanna beat Act 3/4 with me tonight?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I ended up being busy by accident so it didn't happen anyway, at least not yet. I may be on later tonight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If peopl are around this week we should to play POE again, I wanna see the end of the game at some point

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

the end game maps are better looking than the story areas in poe lol

That makes sense though because hasn't the game been in like roling development for years? I remember playing a while ago when it just had one or two acts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wouldn't mind 10 acts/tilesets if each act was like a half hour long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I could barely make it through 3 lol

• Locked thread