Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

just fought a boss in titan quest who can kill me in one hit, and read online that you need an unrealistic amount of stun resistance for this difficulty to be able to survive him. [italian chef kissing fingers] epic.

which boss is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is it the giant dude outside the ice cave in a3? he's a loving monster, you basically have to kite his attacks and plink away at him if you don't have banner or some other OP poo poo e: lmao yep, that guy reaaallly sucks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he also has an epic meteor attack that will oneshot any and all characters, banner or not. really epic boss balance in tq

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah tq was built around the idea that it's a ~real 3d game~ so the combat should be all dynamic with you moving around to avoid stuff instead of just clicking on everything. sounds cool on paper but in practice it's insanely annoying and fucks over melee characters hard

modern 3d diablolikes make it very clear when you're about to get hosed, like the damage rings around explosions in d3. in titanquest you just get killed lol

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 20, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

The labyrinth sucks.

i think its cool! but yeah the third phase izaro fight is horrid lol

argus is also supposed to just maul you to death, he is by design harder than izaro. if you go in there its cause youre ballsy or you hosed up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

When are y'all trying to get another sesh in.

im down tonight+right now lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

replacing names with the word human being..thats extremely my poo poo lmfao. always gets me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the scion ascendancy sucks dick lol what the gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got into cruel and beat the lab w/ rediscov. every mob in cruel is magic or rare lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

She gets weaker versions of every other ascendancy though so you can do some cool hybrid stuff, which is what Scion is for anyway

yeah i wanted to make a pure lightning sorc w/ the scion and shortly realized that was a big mistake lol but it's working out anyway, i instagib everything with spark

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Real Foogla posted:

theorycraft:

scion can go assassin for a permanent increased base critchance, and deadeye for more and better projectiles = owns with ball lightning

you can do two ball lightnings, one with lmp for packs and one with slower projectiles for bosses

ive been using ball lightning to generate power charges since it hits so many times, then my spark is super lethal. its cool how you can be creative like that

the lab is way more fun when you take it slow and find all the secret giant loot chests instead of going in overleveled and making a beeline for the boss, ive died a few times but i've found some major upgrades

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol when i tabbed back in the game the servers restarted

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

from what ive seen every element gets a lot of cool spells. hell even physical has a spell where you make it rain swords

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Orb of Storms is better for this btw. It's like almost designed for power charge on crit

quickly realized that when i played a bit w rediscov lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

kazvall and i played through act II today and stopped in the act III town, and will try to play again tomorrow or this weekend, if people wanna sync up for an epic saturday marathon or something.

im free on weekends and also obsessed with this game so this sounds awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

marauder starts near blood magic and is a few points away from the templar's elemental damage and lots of fire dmg nodes so he actually makes a great caster

you can do anything you want really and as long as you don't spread yourself too thin you won't be gimped

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

diablo 3 needs to completely ripoff path of exile's map system and have more interesting loot. it's a good distraction and it looks great ofc but theres nothing to sink my teeth into?? idk

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the general chat in poe is raw internet sewage and its p. interesting to punch the beehive and watch people flip their poo poo, really takes me back to diablo 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

me: haha, it's interesting to troll the general public
salty larry: yeah when i get a perfect shibbitydoodah(WITH the higher melee damage roll), i get such a sweet rush telling strangers that im gonna throw it away lmfao! oh my loving god

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

What's an example of a good or cool one?

one i know of is that you can potentially get white sockets, which allow for any gem to be placed in it and that can be really powerful, or add a powerful affix that usually only rolls on uniques like +1 max curses, cannot be frozen etc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

but there's an equal chance the vaal orb will either do nothing at all or completely reroll the item into a different rare and destroy it lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres also a tiny zod rune chance itll create an impossibly good rare with 8 affixes and 6 linked sockets etc., but the vaals themselves are pretty drat rare so youre deep in the endgame if youre fishing for that lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

got to act 4 tonight

act 4 is sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i used to not like it because they seriously overtuned the mobs, everything took forever to kill and hit like a truck, especially in the final bits and the bosses were impossible. the community for poe is dogshit and constantly demands the game should be next to impossible

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

has anybody gotten through van helsing?

i've had that game for a while

idk about 2 but the first game was insanely buggy, had crashes and quests that didn't work. the devs actually put in commands to just force quest wins because it was such a common problem lol

also in act 2 every enemy had a different way to stun you or vacuum you or something and it became unplayable

Black Baby Goku posted:

I found the Labyrinth to be the hardest part so far

yeah they nerfed act 4 a shitload in the major patches since it first came out lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i made a 2h "beefy dude that hits stuff" a build that is impossible to gently caress up and the only way to beat malachai, on normal, was to throw like 20 deaths at him lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just reached merc on my main, still have maxed resists, oneshotting most mobs and can't die. this has to be the strongest character i've made and it's probably cause essences are so great, there's no way they're taking them out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol i wanted to ask what unholy might was in general chat cause i found this

but theyre currently in an endless screaming match about trump and poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just checked and it's a 30% damage buff as chaos damage, which is really powerful. but also giving a rare/boss that makes it an suicide amulet unless you have chaos innoc lol

it's cool that there are a lot of uniques designed for niche builds but it feels like they're the majority, like, just give me a really strong hammer or something

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Peep the numbers, Dipshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpVopAezDdA

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wanna play path of exile w some pimps tonight

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

loving Muhammad...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

duelist has an ascendancy specifically for being a 2 hander, never listen to the general chat lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the game only really gets challenging in hell mode, and even then you have all of ez act 1 to find some major gear improvements.

it's really hard to gently caress up your build. you could be inefficient maybe w/ the passives but that's something that can be easily tweaked with respec points if you ever feel you need it. beyond doing dumb poo poo like making a melee char and going for all the +spell damage and cast speed stuff you really can't gimp somoene.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

hmmm, i really don't feel like playing through this thing 2 more times.

i always find myself craving more at the end of normal, wanting to see how batshit my character can become, the extra difficulties are actually really good cause there's new poo poo everywhere and monster packs are way larger

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah switching from my +40% movespeed chargelot that instagibs everything so hard the game starts lagging cause it's struggling loading all the loot to my dude in act 2 whose slowly beating up poo poo with molten strike feels awful lol

but joining random parties really helps for getting through the slow beginnings, unique rates also explode in cruel+merc so you find a lot of twinking gear. wanderlust is a gamechanger

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just got to maps..they really did all get redesigned. this is sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mid act 3 merc lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

izaro hits like a truck, you need to dodge the big charged up attacks and chug pots for his other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if youre melee and you only have 500 life you've been doing something horribly wrong im afraid

• Locked thread