Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yea even in normal you want resists and life on all your gear if you can help it, except your weapons

Isn't there an essence that guarantees +life. I suggest making liberal use of that

Also Izaro had really high elemental resist for a boss in Normal, so if your pure ele damage I'd use curses or a penetration gem or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate fighting Daresso though. But the fight music and the arena is top notch

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Congrats. Tabula is always nice to have around for leveling and they're worth a moderate chunk.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The game would be much improved if you only had to beat the campaign once and then your just in maps.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

got a friend into this today and she loves it, and we're just on the slow boring beginnings. my only major complaint about the game is the inventory tetris really lol it gets annoying when 1/3rd of your inventory is all the currencies. i feel like all that should go in a separate pocket

I wish I could buy a currency tab for my inventory

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They take forever if your me and can't resist clearing every side area even in Normal

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

this league just started a few hours ago and theres people in mid-merciless already wtf lol

Yeah this game has some insane people who play it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

NPC quests were streamlined quite a bit, now the assassin and other "go do quest and run back to me" NPCs just teleport to where you are once you're successful, so no more pointless running through a dungeon for crafter quests.

if catarina asks you to bring minions back to her, now the minions burst into piles of loot so there's an actual incentive to do it beyond master xp grinding.

I like that they keep taking things I hate about the game and fixing them

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't even build life on my skill build a lot of the time, because I'm a SC baby but also because it's more fun than playing smart

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

this update dropped like 2 hours ago people need to chill

I thought it was really funny when like 2 weeks into a league I was the first person to enter the dread thicket in merciless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

so the juggernaut ascendancy on marauder has a passive that reads "cannot be slowed", which sounds lame compared to some pretty big damage upgrades but holy poo poo it rules. basically immune to any kind of slow curse, chill, traps, etc. atk speed is also always topped off no matter what. it feels so good im loving unstoppable.

I feel like the shorter and boring-sounding a unique buff in PoE is, the more awesome it is in practice

• Locked thread