Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

PunkBoy posted:

Season 4 Episode 1: The Ghost

http://i.imgur.com/yPmlBd0.gifv

The way this loops, it looks like some car is just casually driving down the street doing flip after flip after flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
This is a rumour to dream on, since Bernthal's Punisher on AoS would almost certainly be a lot of fun: http://www.cbr.com/is-netflixs-punisher-gearing-up-for-a-marvel-tv-crossover/

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doctor Butts posted:

The way this loops, it looks like some car is just casually driving down the street doing flip after flip after flip.

If I were Ghost Rider, that's all I would do while driving.

I mean come on, my skull would be on fire and I'd have to punish the wicked. Might as well get some benefit out of it.

mods please make this the background of TVIV tia

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

There were a few, Captain America had to fight someone. Baron Zemo, Red Skull, Baron Strucker, Arnim Zola, and of course this guy.

Also Baron Blood, Iron Cross, Warrior Woman, Super Axis, Brain Drain, Lady Lotus, U-Man, Yellow Claw, Agent Axis and probably a bunch more I've forgotten. I really loved the Roy Thomas/Sal Buscema Invaders series.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Whenever someone tells me they didn't watch AoS past season one I'm gonna bust this out with "My dude have you tried vengeance?!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gorilla Salad posted:

There are as many Ghost Riders as there are things to ride.

There's even a Smokey and the Bandit Ghost Rider.

And a bear. Also, a shark. And Elephant.

The best one is still the Undead G-Man from the 1920's, mowing down demon gangsters with his tommy gun alongside loudmouth blazing skull sidekick Knuckles O'Shaugnessy.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Svanja posted:

I did laugh when I saw Fear the Walking Dead's psycho kid as Robbie's little brother in the wheel chair. Hopefully he will be better on this show.

My first reaction was to laugh and wonder if he's getting himself killed off on Fear soon.

Then my second reaction was hoping someone did the "It'll be alright, you're safe now" speech when he got on a show without some of the most :catdrugs: writing I've ever seen in my loving life.

Rest assured, if a time-traveling airplane happens on SHIELD, it'll probably be intentional.

ED: Seriously anyone who hasn't seen that show, it starts off slow and boring and skips all the parts it was designed to show, and then the writers just bought all the cocaine for the second season and now it's also incomprehensible bullshit loaded with glaring holes. In other words, yeah, you're not missing much except a cast that deserves better.

Metalshark posted:

This is a rumour to dream on, since Bernthal's Punisher on AoS would almost certainly be a lot of fun: http://www.cbr.com/is-netflixs-punisher-gearing-up-for-a-marvel-tv-crossover/

Oh man, of all the Netflix characters that is far and away the best one to make the transition and tie them together, so I hope it happens. Anything with Daredevil or Jessica Jones would feel tacked on, even if it was the supporting cast, somehow. But The Punisher can just show up the gently caress out of nowhere and unload with way, way too many weapons, and feel absolutely integrated.

There wouldn't even have to be the dull setting up the characters and how they interact, or the "why don't these people ever work together again aside from copyright issues?" Because again, if he just shows up out of loving nowhere everyone knows what he's about already and the very nature of the character means he won't stick around.

ED: The darker and more violent tone from the timeslot shift is good timing too. While Punisher proper should be a total R in the violence territory, you could easily still do it justice in a cross-over from what I've seen so far. And SHIELD has really good fight choreographers too; not quite with martial arts as much as the Netflix series, but with gun play they might even have a leg up, so I really hope this is true.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 22, 2016

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blazing Ownager posted:

There wouldn't even have to be the dull setting up the characters and how they interact, or the "why don't these people ever work together again aside from copyright issues?" Because again, if he just shows up out of loving nowhere everyone knows what he's about already and the very nature of the character means he won't stick around.

"A guy showed up with a gently caress ton of guns and is killing criminals left and right"
"Oh is he an enhanced or"
"no just a lot of guns"
"...huh"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

"A guy showed up with a gently caress ton of guns and is killing criminals left and right"
"Oh is he an enhanced or"
"no just a lot of guns"
"...huh"

"...well he has bombs, too!"
"Well, then!"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok posted:

The best one is still the Undead G-Man from the 1920's, mowing down demon gangsters with his tommy gun alongside loudmouth blazing skull sidekick Knuckles O'Shaugnessy.

Gavok knows the truth.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Punisher on Agents of SHIELD would be great payoff to that time Daisy mentioned an online friend named Microchip who is really into looking at crime scene photos.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

But not a Patton Oswalt. :(

Why would a Koenig not be played by Patton Oswalt?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Look, I know the supernatural isn't something that's supposed to happen, but it does happen.

That whole album is great and could totally apply to Ghost Rider. Maybe the 2099 version in some places, but still.

:rock:GHOST RIDER:rock:

Mr Beens posted:

Why would a Koenig not be played by Patton Oswalt?

Because we already know the Director is another actor, therefore IF his he's a Koenig, it's not one of the Oswalts.

I love me some Patton Oswalt, don't get me wrong. I want him to be on this show all the time.

The color coding lanyards reeks of of Koenig's influence, by the way.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 22, 2016

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I thought Oswalt gave up his acting and comedy career to become a full time whiny poo poo on twitter?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

counterfeitsaint posted:

I thought Oswalt gave up his acting and comedy career to become a full time whiny poo poo on twitter?

My guess is he's taking some time off to take care of his daughter after the death of his wife.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

counterfeitsaint posted:

He literally just won an Emmy for his latest comedy special a few days ago.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The constant use of initials and acronyms makes me wonder if the director is going to end up giving us the MCU version of AIM and/or MODOK.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

SiKboy posted:

The constant use of initials and acronyms makes me wonder if the director is going to end up giving us the MCU version of AIM and/or MODOK.

I thought it was just Fitz poking fun at the names the director gives things by pretending it's an acronym.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Doctor Butts posted:

I thought it was just Fitz poking fun at the names the director gives things by pretending it's an acronym.

You could very well be right, honestly that didnt even occur to me as a possibility. I just assume that anything like that in comicbook media is being played straight. It is after all a universe with SWORD, SHIELD, HARM (OK that one was played for laughs), MODOK and MODOM.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

X-O posted:

Plus he's going to be on the new MST3K as Son of TV's Frank.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gavok posted:

Plus he's going to be on the new MST3K as Son of TV's Frank.

TV's Son of TV's Frank.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Apologies.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

SiKboy posted:

You could very well be right, honestly that didnt even occur to me as a possibility. I just assume that anything like that in comicbook media is being played straight. It is after all a universe with SWORD, SHIELD, HARM (OK that one was played for laughs), MODOK and MODOM.

It was very very clearly a joke both regarding your latter point and also what we found out later is the new Director's love of bureaucracy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

SiKboy posted:

You know, MODOK falling madly in love with May would be amazing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

People still underestimating Patton at their own peril.

Senerio posted:

TV's Son of TV's Frank.
That is such a perfect bit of casting

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

counterfeitsaint posted:

I think if anything qualifies you for "Go ahead and be as sad as you want" is losing both your wife and daughter like that.

Poor guy deserves props for getting out of bed in the morning at all.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Behind the scenes on the Ghost Rider effects:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/779066516729831425

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The effects look pretty baller this season. Also, more blood which is always good.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SiKboy posted:

A.I.M. already showed up in Iron Man 3.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

The effects look pretty baller this season. Also, more blood which is always good.

I remember when the show first started there was a scene in the pilot about Mike Peterson smashing his boss with a huge hunk of metal. Later on, they mentioned that the guy survived, so people here were rolling their eyes about how the show didn't have the balls to horribly kill anyone.

Then a month or so later we got the Scorch episode. :stare:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think if anything qualifies you for "Go ahead and be as sad as you want" is losing both your wife and daughter like that.

His daughter is still alive but the point still stands

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

Did he lose his daughter too?!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gavok posted:

I remember when the show first started there was a scene in the pilot about Mike Peterson smashing his boss with a huge hunk of metal. Later on, they mentioned that the guy survived, so people here were rolling their eyes about how the show didn't have the balls to horribly kill anyone.

Then a month or so later we got the Scorch episode. :stare:
Yeah this show is surprisingly grisly with its sfx

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Definite favorite grisly moment of season 1 was Garrett ripping out the general's rib and stabbing him with it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Finally caught the premiere on DVR. I've given up on all other comic book shows but good to see that AoS is still going strong. The new Director's identity was spoiled in promo materials right? I've managed to avoid it all so far. Hopefully the next episode opens with Coulson and the new guy meeting.

I was pretty bummed that RPG lady from last season wasn't on May's strike team :(

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Blazing Ownager posted:

Wait what? Something happened to his daughter???

*checks google*

no, nothing happened to her. drat don't scare me like that.
And to remind you of how awesome of a dad he is

And yea, Punisher would be perfect to show up on AoS. Though having Daisy and Jessica Jones team up would be also kind of awesome.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
I just want to see Ghost Rider do the Penance Stare on Punisher and have it not work because the Punisher feels no remorse for his murders, nor does he kill innocent people.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm guessing that the live action TV crossover will most likely happen during Luke Cage. I guess we'll find out for sure next Friday!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Mac and Luke Cage meeting would be pretty awesome.

What's your story?
Unbreakable skin, you?
Shotgun-Axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Xtanstic posted:

Finally caught the premiere on DVR. I've given up on all other comic book shows but good to see that AoS is still going strong. The new Director's identity was spoiled in promo materials right? I've managed to avoid it all so far. Hopefully the next episode opens with Coulson and the new guy meeting.

We know who's playing him, not who he is in-universe. Just "some character with a Marvel history".

• Locked thread