Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

But not a Patton Oswalt. :(

Why would a Koenig not be played by Patton Oswalt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, so I apparently missed some stuff.

Who was that lady at the end of the episode? Was that just the senator that had on screen within the show 18 seconds earlier?

She was also on TV being interviewed at least one other time during the episode.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Sir Nose posted:

Has there been any sort of announcement or advertisement that there actually will even be a movie tie-in this time around? Or is it assumption based on previous years?

Strange spoilers

Nothing happens in Strange that would impact AoS in any way

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of this season so far. Last season hit the ground running. But this one feels more like it's continuously trying to set up something without much happening. Maybe I just don't like broody ghost stories.

Will there be a Doctor Strange tie-in? I don't want to be spoilered for the movie. If the following episode has a spoiling substory, it might actually be good to have a 3 week gap between episodes.

Dr Strange got released in the UK last week.

Strange Spoiler in how it could relate to AoS
there is no connection to AoS - there is barely any connection to the other Marvel films.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

They really shouldn't have put B.J. Britt's name in the credits. And when they showed "With Jason Mara", I knew Mace wouldn't make it out. Here's hoping there's a backup of his mind somewhere, and that they can download it into an LMD.

"Follow me, and try not to shoot me..." was a great line!

Also, while I'm happy to see Ward and Trip and even Bakshi back, it just makes me extra sad that we can't have John Garrett back. :smith:

Other than the most hardcore of fans, most people wouldn't have recognised the actor's name. He was last on the show over 2 years ago and it's no like he is a household name or anything. I've been watching the show since day one and I had barely registered the character only a second before someone said his name in the episode.
The dude doesn't even have a wikipedia page except in Italian for some reason.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 20, 2017

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Like, we've spent this whole time wrestling with the question of how real these people in the Framework are. Its not really Daisy's place to decide for Mack that Hope isn't real and rob him of that choice. Its tragic to give Mack that choice but it would be cruel and unfair to not.

I've argued that Hope isn't Mack's real world Hope but that doesn't mean she isn't Mack's OTHER daughter. That poo poo's way more complicated.

And its not like he has to be gone forever. The Framework is there and they have his body. They could theoretically go back in and talk this out.

Right at the start of the season Mack refused to go into the VR thing and has been fully against all artificial life.
His daughter in the real world was 4 days old when she died. The Hope in the framework is a 100% artificial construct
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KQ53ZEZ2Ik
To keep Mack in and go and get him later means somehow trundling him around whilst keeping him hooked up. Daisy had no idea where or how the rest of the team are, or any way of telling them that Mack is not coming out. They now need to make a choice of getting out themselves or waiting aimlessly in the enemy base for Mack to wake up, which he isn't.

quote:

You can wake them up from the outside (which is what the agents want to do to wake up Daisy and Jemma) but they don't have access to the rest of the team. If they could find them and get in without any problems they would. But they're wanted fugitives besides other stuff.
If you wake them up from the outside improperly you fry their brains. This was stated when Jemma and Daisy went in, it's why they needed their exit thing. Aida shut that down. As far as Aida was concerned the only way out was at the source via the machines linking them in. The backdoor was a way round this.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Argue posted:

"Welcome to the Gotham Republican Convention. My name's Maddox Hatterson, but everyone in the tea party just calls me Mad."

"Hi I'm Joseph Kerr, these are my associates Catherine Womak and Clayton Face"

• Locked thread