Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Lord Bude posted:

But then found itself and became perfectly decent in season 2.

dontlistennope it still bad dont bother coming into the thread just stay here thanks, still a bad show just being bad all over tv. just keep flossfl in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ensign_Ricky posted:

This raises the question of exactly how sharp is the shotgun-axe, considering that he chopped off the head one-handed.

:black101:

edit: Apparently Peter fuckin' Dinklage is in talks to join the MCU for Infinity War. Which either means Pip the Troll, or we could have Tyrion Lannister as the voice of goddamned Mephisto.

And that is totally a Mephisto who'd go ahead and slap an ambigram across the cover of the Darkhold for shits and giggles.

Lmao if Marvel secretly got some Xmen rights back and he's the new Wolverine

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
At what point did Ed Hardy redesign the cover?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Reset Smith posted:

Was the sniper bullet one of the special rounds from Luke Cage?

Thats the first thing I thought

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

enraged_camel posted:

That guy held his own pretty drat well against two very skilled combatants. I wonder if we'll see more of him.

Yeah that was weird, did they even give him a name? They seemed to have spent some money on burned face makeup.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Didn't Radcliffe just re-write the scenario so the mother had the powers and not the daughter so the little girl could live? Not that she was replaying it every time and getting better, because how would May getting better at the scenario change the girl from being psychic to the mother?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, I imagine most people won't even realize the Imax thing is happening and only the nerdiest of us will care. For most people it will probably just be another tv show.

It would be a cool/weird new trend if HBO tier television started giving their pilots short window theatrical releases.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
even torrenting is a bit of legwork when you can just type show name+streaming into google

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah, like...why? Have you ever watched something twice? I have a few times but it was just as easy to find it a second time years later when I wanted to. You can just find it online instantly. What sort of media blackout are you expecting where you need every episode of its always sunny in philadelphia backed up on an external HD? It's pointless

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

A hot dog bun is one piece.

this gets messy because its all about cut depth. did you cut so deep the bun wraps almost entirely around? because now youre in fajita territory and thats a looooooooong way from home, gringo

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mraagvpeine posted:

Sorry, I worded that wrong. What I meant to say is do people prefer buns where the opening is on the side, like this:

or where the opening is on top like here:

But then you also have rolls, which are opened on a different side altogether:

nice burritos

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ward strolling into the shot wearing that slutty low-cut neo coat

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hhhahahaha Ward doing the hand thing when he walked into the bathroom

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I heard Cambridge Incident and for a second thought "Holy gently caress did they just do a Logan reference??" before logic kicked in

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burning_Monk posted:

This makes me think, wasn't Cambridge attacked by the Dark Elves in Thor 2? Did Hydra just blame Inhumans instead to get the hate train rolling?

Possibly, but I think in the show we are supposed to assume May saved the kid in Baharain> kid went on to live a kid's life> freaked out one day and hundreds died> HYDRA world order.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeesh guys, Strange still had the car accident, Dr. Fitz fixed his hands in 20 minutes, and now Strange does invasive brain surgery for hydra.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Make Our Society Great Again lmaoooooooo

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

Terrigen crystals in their pure form are just blue crystals made by the Kree and then re-made my Radcliffe.

The After Life's crystals were flawed and had traces of the diviner metal which killed humans in them. They probably could have fixed that since Radcliffe did, but they didn't want to because they were basically genocidal.

Yeah as far as they were concerned that was a bonus feature, not something to be fixed.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

counterfeitsaint posted:

I love May's gratuitous and completely unnecessary Matrix cartwheel.

Also that she did the coolest move to kill the biggest dork in the office.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oasx posted:

I am not saying that they can't be people, but unless Aida has some way of digitally recording the mind and personality of every person on earth, including ones who died before she was created, then Hope and Trip will stay dead and what can be brought back will only be good simulations of them.

I also wonder whether the framework is actually running 7 billion fully conscious people all the time, or whether some of them are just "cheap" emulations.
*snaps fingers*
yes!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ah the Groot/Hulk smashathon is going to be great

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oracle posted:

They better understand each other perfectly.

Hahah yeah thats all I want

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'll be shocked if the very final scene of the season isn't Ward popping out of the printer

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bring back old gbs posted:

I'll be shocked if the very final scene of the season isn't Ward popping out of the printer

further refining:

Ward pops out of the printer in a sinking ship/at the bottom of the ocean with only a finite amount of oxygen and the only way he can escape will certainly result in brain damage........

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

looks like ghost rider is getting that practical helmet!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Quake will use her powers even less now.

lol they'll do that Star Trek shake the camera make the actors wobble around thing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah it's just fun to joke about ST: TOS shaky camera "Quake" fx, and practical LED based ghost rider helmets. Like a bunch of LEDs inside the visor pointing at the face like those crappy "fireplace" replacements. I hope they just negotiate a smaller episode number or something and maintain the quality. It's already hit or miss sometimes.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BrianWilly posted:

I would absolutely, unironically want to see finger knife woman return.

This is true, but something also has to said when a storyline or setting itself is generally favoring one side of the debate over another. I wouldn't be watching Westworld, for instance, and saying that the robots aren't getting more and more autonomous.

Like...if we're gonna say stuff like "The Darkhold has allowed Radcliffe and Aida to create SEVEN BILLION REAL SOULS in the Framework," we're also gonna have to back it up with circumstances from the story and not just because we think that's what happened.

(And if it did, it probably got those souls from Hell which is back where we need to send them. :black101:)

lmao if Ghost Rider's first line is "What the gently caress did you DO?!? There's 7 billion pixellated ghosts walking around down there!"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aleph Null posted:

Even the Hulu package that turns off commercials still shows a commercial before and after AoS.

That always made me laugh. Like what sponsor got the shaft in the form of the AFTER ad?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pissed off Ghost Rider looked fuckin siiiiiiiiick

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

muscles like this! posted:

Thinking back on the episode it did feel a little rushed. Like maybe it should have been a two-parter where they could adequately flesh out both the "stop Aida" and "delete Framework" plots. As is the Framework subplot felt kind of tacked on and other than the final couple scenes a little inconclusive. While the Aida stuff felt kind of rushed once they put their plan into place. Also there wasn't any answer as to whether or not they actually defeated the Superior or not.

I love that actor so I hope he pops up increasingly desperate as there are fewer and fewer of him left every time he runs into SHIELD. I really liked that part of Ultron, the final scene where there was just one of him left, and not even a good model, forcing him to actually contemplate life.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

Legion plays pretty fast and loose with the timing of it and its relationship to anything X-Men but it seems fairly clear that David's story is happening pretty early into any kind of mutant rising and social awareness and seemingly before anything as public and focused as the X-Men. I think they're purposely keeping it vague and won't make a connection but I think the most logical timing on this is that Xavier had David when he was in his 20s, dumped him off a couple of decades ago, and now he's middle aged and either collecting his own students in Westchester and ignoring his kid or will be inspired to do it by the events of Legion and rise of mutants.

At least that's my impression.

Maybe it's the Logan timeline and mutants are dying out/not as prevalent? Might as well let the two good Xmen things live in their own little pocket universe of quality

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmao I love all of this

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chokes McGee posted:

Ron Howard: It isn't.

lmao

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the FIRST PART of our LIMITED 12 EPISODE thing

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bruceski posted:

Not much to get psyched about in that, is there.

looks like they're staying in space for a while

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blazing Ownager posted:

There's so many what the fucks in that show I could probably write a book of nothing but going on about how loving insanely bad the writing was.

My favorite stuff was what they kept doing to Sylar every other episode with no idea what they wanted to do with him. He spent an entire season with absolutely no powers whatsoever and is an evil crazy gently caress who still murders people, then suddenly no, it's the powers that made him an evil crazy gently caress because of THE HUNNNNGER but wait no he totally can control his powers and not be an evil crazy gently caress but wait there's an event that takes his powers away for a few hours and he's not an evil crazy gently caress but then it's over and he immediately murders his girlfriend because now he's a crazy evil gently caress again but wait Parkman sends him a mental prison thing for an hour and now he's not an evil crazy gently caress anymore I guess he's a hero now the end

If that sounds like the gibberings of a mad man blame Tim Kring not me

I read that he had his writing team actively working against whatever the previous writer had put down. Like purposefully end in corners you can't write your way out of and let the next person come up with a CRAZY TWIST to save the day.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hamsystem posted:

New trailer really helped wash out the taste of wet fart that Inhumans left. Goddam what a turd that was.

Yeah it was shockingly bad and the stakes meant seemingly nothing

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 12, 2017

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

>:[ very funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Kinda dissapointed with the reveal that Quake blew up the earth, I was hoping that part tied into Infinity War and Thanos did it. I GUESS she coulda done it trying to kill Thanos. That's canon until proven otherwise:colbert:

Kickass premiere all the same though. When the creepy perfection leader guy had his back to the camera I thought for a sec he'd turn around and it would be a blue faced Fitz

EDIT: lmao that lady has balls and Yondu has a shaft. I love it.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 2, 2017

• Locked thread