Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes. Agents of SHIELD is one of those "loss leader" things, Disney knows a TV Marvel presence is good for their bottom line, and overrode ABC.

With Squirrel Girl, Runaways, and Cloak and Dagger coming, AoS might not be as important time around, depending on how everything shakes out.

Well Inhumans sure as gently caress isn't a threat.

Oasx posted:

They just released a poster for season 5

Jesus this sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gorilla Salad posted:

They didn't even have a plan for the season which aired.

God that was such a loving trainwreck I couldn't even hate watch it to mock it.

Heroes Reborn was AAA amazing television compared to peak poo poo Heroes, like Season 3. (Season 2 was loving terrible but mostly boring and slow, Season 3 was 'Make up new dumb poo poo every 20 seconds')

The third season is my gold standard in bad TV, bad none. I once tried to count the plot holes in the first episode having seen the whole season and stopped when I hit like 80. Yes, 80 plot holes in 40 some minutes of television. It was like "Holy loving hell they're throwing out dumb poo poo at 2-3 a minute!"

Seriously. Dexter tried. American Horror Story's third season gave it a real run. But holy fuckballs was season three, in my humble opinion, the most incoherent and stupid TV to ever be aired. Layers of stupid. A fine cake of stupid. The kind of stupid to be studied, to make writers compose essays about so they learn from it's mistakes, so that we may never repeat that poo poo again.

Anyone who never saw Heroes, just watch season 1, pretend it's a miniseries, and forget anything else exists. There was some actual good poo poo in season 1 and it was meant to rotate the cast every season so it's pretty contained. You know that scene in every zombie movie where someone sees a loved one looking like a gnawed on, torn apart corpse shambling at them? Yeah that's how you'll feel about the rest of the show is like that if you don't stop there.

ED: I will say the interviews with Bryan Singer from his brief return and the other writers on Heroes are loving amazing. The most dysfunctional poo poo ever going on there (Singer left during the writer's strike with the rest of the team and they got terrible people to replace them after the strike). But long story short, Tim Kring is a moron who likes people to "make up stuff on the fly," and actively encouraged each writer to try to gently caress up the story and put the next writer that had to continue it in a corner. This combination and the fact this turned the writing room into a battle ground was just fascinating.

I remember reading an interview one week when Sylar got shapeshifting powers that season. "We carefully setup ground rules, spent a lot of time establishing them. He can't change his clothes this way, or size drastically. We didn't want this to become overpowered." They were very sincere. The VERY NEXT episode he turns into a little kid, with new clothes, complete with backpack and functional removable items.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Oct 30, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Maelstache posted:

You mean Bryan Fuller, not Singer. The one who doesn't molest young boys.

Holy poo poo how the gently caress did I mix up these two. Apologies to Mr. Fuller.

Dexo posted:

Matt Parkman with a wife and kid falling in love with Daphne a woman at least 15-20 years younger than he is and in some flashforward or future having a child with her.

Oh that was so loving awkward the entire time. Neither actor look comfortable with it either. The guy who plays Parkman seems like a nice guy, and you could tell he did NOT want to go there.

Not one of the millions of total plot train wrecks that show had, just... uncomfortable and not only that, it had that fun syndrome where it makes the previous season feel like a complete waste since he's just dumped anyway.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cant cook creole bream posted:

Remember when that one guy brought some woman to a dystopian future and just sort of forgot her there?

There's so many what the fucks in that show I could probably write a book of nothing but going on about how loving insanely bad the writing was.

My favorite stuff was what they kept doing to Sylar every other episode with no idea what they wanted to do with him. He spent an entire season with absolutely no powers whatsoever and is an evil crazy gently caress who still murders people, then suddenly no, it's the powers that made him an evil crazy gently caress because of THE HUNNNNGER but wait no he totally can control his powers and not be an evil crazy gently caress but wait there's an event that takes his powers away for a few hours and he's not an evil crazy gently caress but then it's over and he immediately murders his girlfriend because now he's a crazy evil gently caress again but wait Parkman sends him a mental prison thing for an hour and now he's not an evil crazy gently caress anymore I guess he's a hero now the end

If that sounds like the gibberings of a mad man blame Tim Kring not me

• Locked thread