Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

OB_Juan posted:

Over/Under on Daisy "Quake" Johnson (aka Skye) rejoining SHIELD set at 4.5 episodes. I'm taking the under.

I'm sure she'll be back on the team by midseason. It really depends on the plot conflict they're setting up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

So any guesses what that box was?

Assuming actual spirits are involved given Rider

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

TARDISman posted:

loving YOOOOOOOOOO THAT EFFECT.

I wasn't sure about the look but in motion it works beautifully

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Pyroi posted:

I'm expecting the director to be super encouraging based off of Simmons' comment of how he doesn't want anyone to feel less important.

Basically the opposite of May's normal demeanor.

He's also a very "things are done by the book" beaurocrat from what we can tell.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Canadian early watch: Is the director an imperfect LMD? It's looking like it.

EDIT: \/ Oh god, his name. Nvm, I know who he is.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 28, 2016

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

bloodychill posted:

They've been taking some geography liberties which is ok. I think they were in Virginia because there's no way that fireworks stand would exist in California.

The base was also close enough for Coulson to have quick access to Washington (though I don't think they've really spelled out how fast Quinnjets go.)

Nice to see they didn't pull some silliness of Daisy being the team's enemy for half a season or more. Same with Robbie.

The more I see of him the more I like him and I hope they find some way for GR to stick around.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Who's the director suppose to be fake Captain America from the 50s?

Jeffery Mace in the comics was basically a Captain America fanboy who took on the mantle of The Patriot after WW2.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm really hoping Mace actually is genuine. He's too much fun as the slightly too nice Director.

We've already had the secretly evil boss clichés.

I want him to be mostly angry about Coulson not trusting him than being evil. It's far more interesting.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

I think he actually expects Phil to do this poo poo on his own since he used to be Director and knows how he rolls. It's kind of like implicit black ops. I mean, he's literally asking Colson "so what would you do here, help me out" at times. It's just flamey skull murder man may be a weeeee bit too far.

The most genuine Mace has seemed this season is when he was talking to Phil about May's condition and said something along the lines of "You can't know because you're really good friends with her and will react irrationally, you know this" and Colson just kind of went "Yeah :smith:"

Yeah pretty much. Mace knows Phil does things under his radar, but up to now he's still trusted Phil's judgment. I could see the primary conflict being Mace angry about Phil not telling him about the threat existing in the first place.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Stunt Rock posted:

I'm pretty sure the ghosts aren't the big bad given how early in the season it is and also based on all the other clues.

Yeah the ghosts are obviously mostly there to introduce the Darkhold.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

hangedman1984 posted:

It's impossible to overstate how true this statement is.

At the same time, I'm glad it ends on a very high note still. If it had been cancelled after only season one...

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Fitz is so going to try suicide by Ghost Rider isn't he?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is the finale going to be 2 hours?

No. This was the first half of the finale.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Argue posted:

You just know there's another reason he and Jemma are apart again, like maybe this time they're being forced to work in two rooms separated by a panel of superglass that lets them see and hear each other but never touch.

This time he's the one stranded on another planet.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
"planet of the roaches now"

Are the killer bugs actually cockroach mutants?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm half expecting the team to eventually go to an older, unused part of the bunker and realize the whole thing was built from SHIELD HQ. it would be the easiest way to have Fitz get materials/weapons/information to them if Fitz left it in time capsules in Coulson's various stashes.

This makes too much sense.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I would watch a pod of the characters in their downtime. Could be fun.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah it helped orient things better. It's just clinging to a big chunk of Earth when my first impression was that it was bigger than the rock it was attached to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

Clearly it's Marvel's Agents of S.P.A.C.E.

Agents in Spaaaaaaaace

• Locked thread