Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

metztli posted:

Who's to say that anyone other than Coulson is out there?

That whole diner scene and the way he was talking before it felt very much like, if not a "good bye," at least a "until we meet again" without letting them in on it. Not sure why, but I kept on thinking he was going to peace out at any moment.

My favorite part was Coulson's exasperated "Here we go." when they cut the lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nelson posted:

I hate that they put in pointless gore just because they can. After seeing the eyeball being drilled out my wife left the room and declared that she hated SHIELD. Now if I want to watch it, it doesn't count as family time :(

It's a robot

Like there was no gore by definition just wires

:sever: imo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Darth Brooks posted:

My wife decided to stop watching AOS because it was getting more violent. We have an impressionable toddler, so that's actually a concern. I had decided to keep watching because I didn't think it was more violent than it had been. Next episode was the one with Simmons stabbing the snot out of of Fitzbot. My son was sitting on my lap when the scene happened and I tried to rotate him away from the screen so he wouldn't see what really looked like a murder. He kept twisting his head to see and I kept rotating the chair so he couldn't. We went back and forth for the length of sequence and later I had to admit to her that the show was not kid safe.

i'm permabanned poster robotstomper58, and i

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Gemma's transformation into the last person you ever wanna gently caress with has been one of the most satisfying arcs of the series. Getting stranded on an alien planet really made a badass out of her.

My favorite moment this season was May calling her a pop tart :3:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: The Fitz Simmons thing was so bad in Season 1 several posters were behind the theory that Fitz or Simmons was a psychic projection of the other like that dude on Legion.

If you're talking about Cary and Keri she's not a projection, she literally lives inside his body

it's some serious business Multiple Man poo poo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Season 4 is on Netflix now.

wow marvel moved really fast on that series

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

kayakyakr posted:

Except he's actually post x-men. since he was dropped off with his adoptive parents by Professor X himself. I don't remember if Prof-x is confirmed as his father, but that's how it is in the comics.

Yeah, it was confirmed. David even did a bad impression of Patrick Stewart trying to imagine what he'd sound like.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Things I would rather not see attempted on a weekly network TV VFX budget: seven foot tall green rage monsters.

She-Hulk's not super roid rage like her cousin, 6'4" super athetic and snarky would be fine. You could get that with a tall fit lead and some clever angles/platforms.

I would absolutely love for them to just treat it is "LA Law: Gamma Edition" if they're going to go down the JJ road and have her day job be the focus of the show.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Of course now I want a She-Hulk movie with Charlize Theron.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
blackagar boltagon

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah its a really good name what of it?

Ron Howard: It isn't.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So over in the DCTVU, they basically just dropped the mic and started chanting SERVED! at Marvel. While I have every confidence AoS will match or exceed them, something interesting happened: they openly referenced Spider Man, Hulk, and Captain America.

Dare to dream of a day where DC and Marvel cross over. :mmmhmm:

e: on tv for the love of gods keep the movies away from each other

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I've made the argument in those threads but the Arrowverse is kind of the perfect adaption of the real feel of comic book and the must able to do crossover aspects. Shield will never get there because its too complicated to make this stuff happen across mediums and Avengers movies will be things but they'll be stand alone ones. But because the Arrowverse is all on one network with connected show runners and no one is some big star or anything they can bounce characters around, adapt to each other, and do a big ole crossover event that just manages to get everything in in a way Infinity War probably won't manage because there's just too many mega stars and production companies and whatever.

It doesn't make the Arrowverse the best of comic TV/film. It just makes it the best at doing something uniquely comic booky.

they are both real real good op and it's a good time to be a comic book fan :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah.

I dig the Arrowverse.
I dig SHIELD.
I dig the Netflix stuff.
I dig the MCU proper.
I... have Wonder Woman sitting next to my TV waiting for me to watch but just can't decide if I should rewatch Man of Steel and BvS to give them another chance to impress.

Its a good time for my inner child.

watch wonder woman like right now

MoS is bad but has its moments

burn the copy of BvS

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I forgot Gifted and Legion. They're pretty good too. They're like the weird obscure comics I was reading on the side as a teen.

Gifted is neat, but Legion was loving incredible.

I'm not sure where they go with Season 2 and how they keep up the aesthetic though since David doesn't have the Fat Grey Brainworms any more.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

cant cook creole bream posted:

That was the intended effect.

I'm pretty sure that's the intended effect of tviv in general. :v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Elentor posted:

I'm not even gonna touch time paradoxes here but I'm not 100% sold on Quake blowing up the planet. That seems like the sort of plot device meant to distract us from something else and the guy who told us is very unreliable since that's just him "piecing things together".

Either way I'm very curious to find out about how Fitz is going to save everyone else, again.

Blowing up the Earth was Fitz' plan.

I mean it's not ideal, but now we can't make another season of Inhumans, so.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hamsystem posted:

Hopefully it's full of Ward's that were snatched out of the past/other dimensions leading to a showdown in the final arc of the season, Agents of Shield: Infinity Wards.

They've been dropping Marvel names on the DC shows all season, so my guess is an entire ship stuffed full of Wards and Thawnes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Earth is possessed by Ghost Rider until proven otherwise, imo

The best part is everyone looking at Coulson like "WAS THIS THE DEAL YOU MADE" and him going "nope" and then no one asks what the actual deal is.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

We'll find out. We'll see Robbie again.

Or the Ghost Rider, at least, if Gabriel Luna isn't available.

Paging Nick Cage to the show. Nick Cage, to the show.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

Man I am so into that show. It just needs Kate Leth's version of Hellcat, Gwenpool and Kate Bishop to hit all the targets.

That's not including any mutants obviously.

I'm still waiting for the Night Nurse/Hellcat/Daughter of the Dragon/Misty Knight Lady Defenders show :mad:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sesq posted:

I just want to say that the MCU version of Grills is kind of an rear end.

Tag yourself. I'm Jane Thor in the Santa hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

tessiebee posted:

I can see where people are coming from re Jemma, but I think the director is doing a good job of showing that even now she is still a good agent : she is gathering intel despite being made deaf and piecing the information together in a traumatic situation, and clearly shows she still thinks of others in such dire straits. I think it shows the real strength of her character.

Jemma's in a real bad place right now for trying to be a good person. She's nobody's victim, at some point she's going to see a way out (probably Daisy, they don't know she and Quake know each other) and gently caress some people up. I'm confident in it.

• Locked thread