Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Daisy definitely should have gotten Mack out no matter what. Just a few minutes before they were talking about how Aida was about to get out and could then shut down the framework at any time since she got what she wanted.

The framework can still go at any time, and there's no way it's going to get left on forever. Remember that it's basically worldwide malware in the real world. The accumulated power and computational resource drain to run a fully simulated world would be incalculably huge, and once it's eventually discovered there's no way people are going to just let it run because someone is worried that MMO NPCs might have feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
My hope that Robbie ends up flying the Zephyr remains as strong as ever. Or at least a quinjet.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Are the Inhumans inhumans going to be different from the SHIELD inhumans, which was almost entirely inhuman rights and discrimination?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Blackagar Boltington is up there among the dumbest comic book names ever.

I can just see momma Boltagon cradling her newborn baby, looking into his eyes and saying "He looks like a Blackagar, what do you think honey?" and stoic daddy Boltness smiles and nods in agreement. "After your father." he says.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Coulson will just make yet another Star Wars reference instead.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
One of my favorite things about the MCU is how everything is supposed to be happening in real time, because that's so drat simple. Every time someone suggests that they're moving away from that I roll my eyes and see the MCU creeping closer to the hopeless tangled clusterfuck that comics are with endless alternate timelines and time travel and dimensions. Being a comic book world, it's inevitable that's where the MCU will end up, but the longer they can stay away from that the longer it will stay coherent and successful.

Having this mostly disconnected movie randomly take place a few years out of sync with everything else isn't that bad, but it's a first step down a slippery slope. If they expect movie goers world wide to eventually keep track of multiple timelines in multiple universes like in actual comics, they're going to be disappointed. Also like in actual comics.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Blazing Ownager posted:

If he actually is Modok I really hope his severed head is implanted in what looks like an oversized hover chair, so people can mock him for looking incredibly stupid before killing him.

MODOK is one of the most hilarious looking villains of all time. The first time I ever saw the character was in a video game, and I couldn't stop laughing that I was being "attacked by an oversized recliner with a giant TV face."

I really didn't like the Framework getting shut down and deleted much. They did a lot to establish these characters that existed there, from anti-Hydra kids to characters we missed like Triplet and Ward that just getting rid of it felt like such a waste. I was hoping they'd decide to keep it running on it's own server so those people have gotten something out of it.

More importantly it kept annoying me nobody even TRIED to mention Project Looking Glass, which they were aware of. It'd been way more sad of an ending, to me, if they were trying to get Hope brought into the real world and didn't make it, than what happened - where I called the outcome in advance. It'd also maybe let us bring back a version of a character that could have been neat (it'd been a great end to the good Ward if his last act was to push Triplet into the machine and save him or something).

As it stands the fact the whole thing erased itself made all of those characters feel pointless and all of their struggles in there for naught. I think it's largely because they established that the AI inside were actually pretty real; it's not like they escaped from a video game.

I really don't think anyone cares about the framework simulated people and do they actually have souls except for a handful of folks in this thread.

Ghost Rider said that Aida using project looking glass to create a body was such a big deal that it got the attention of hell and he was sent to retrieve the book in response. Creating any other new bodies wouldn't be viable except for more villains that were composed of literal hell-evil.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Also:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D S4: Robot May was much more supportive.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

The MSJ posted:

That's pretty much the reason the writer of that comic made him Islamophobic. Dracula specifically said that Muslim countries are getting more technologically advanced and have more superpowered people now, threatening Europe in the process. He approached Doom because Latveria and Transvylvania both exists near the borders of Europe and the Islamic world.

Doom said he views racism as being based on assumptions. So someone as old as Dracula should be above that, especially as Doom describes it Dracula is just a carrier of a magic disease.

Vlad with an American flag in the background. Comics have the subtly May with a claw hammer. :911:

At least Vlad isn't sporting the stars and bars.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Power drilling out the eye I felt like was a new level for this show. I mean there's always been some violence and we recently had May presumably rip someone's throat out with a claw hammer, but it wasn't clear and there wasn't a close up of the torn out robo jugular immediately afterwards like there was with the eye.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The trailer really makes me want to know who Scott B is. Or was, at this point I guess.

E: Oh lol, I guess the showrunner. Did he leak his own poo poo?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Kristen Schaal is and will forever remain the only acceptable squirrel girl.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm never, ever talking poo poo about Season 1 now that Inhumans exists.

Behold,

https://youtu.be/rhVmE33VBXw

"This Inhumans show, it's really got too much going for it, why don't we air the premier and then wait an entire month to start the normal episodes, that'll give the white hot hype a chance to cool off"
-A producer who is really going places in this industry

Apoplexy posted:

"Scott Buck's worst work yet" is being said.

God drat savage.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Regy Rusty posted:

Reviewers seem to hate it yes, but viewer reception has been a lot more positive. Personally I thought it was decent and has potential to get a lot better. It remains to be seen if the big numbers the premier got hold up.

Are you suggesting that the creator of Family Guy made something that critics hate but the unwashed masses are gonna lap up? Poppycock!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Full disclosure I haven't seen it yet but I'll probably try it out based on everyone's comments to see if it will overcome my borderline irrational hatred of McFarlane. Kinda doubt it. Couldn't pass up the opportunity for a jab at him first though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I hope they really push the limited run tv mini series thing, and then it turns out it ends on like a giant cliffhanger.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Xealot posted:

I stopped CBS from broadcasting over a decade ago.

hosed up if false.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Bruceski posted:

What I'm not sure about is if the core would still be glowing hot like that. I simply have no clue how quick that would lose its heat on a non-geologic time scale.

I'm sure that the top reason is that it's just a cool dramatic visual, but I could see the earth staying like that for a few decades or ever centuries as it slowly comes apart or collapses in on itself, the same way the water in a water balloon holds its shape for a millisecond before falling apart. Many years is an instant on an astronomical scale after all.

What I'm worried about is since they mentioned the surface, that they will eventually have to go down there and it will still have normal gravity and atmosphere.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I don't think Thanos or Infinity War will be involved in any way. There's two ways they could go with it and neither are something they'd do. First the cast manages to secretly be the ones to save the planet from Thanos thereby stealing the thunder from the big heroes in the movie. Even if the movie doesn't acknowledge it, they're not gonna have the TV characters upstage the big heroes and render the events in the movie irrelevant in some supplemental thing. The second option is the movie heroes actually save the planet and in that case why are we even watching what the TV cast is doing if they're just gonna be bystanders as someone else solves the big dilemma of the season off screen?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The ship looked similar to the Kree trawler so probably more Kree assholes.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

OB_Juan posted:

As a side note, May's surprisingly functional for someone missing an inch-wide cylinder through her leg. I'm guessing she's not an LMD, the writers didn't consider how much of a problem that would be, or just consider her to be a super soldier at this point.

I thought this too. I flinched when she used that same leg to jump kick a dude like an hour later.

If the lighthouse is the old shield base, I'm guessing it's been expanded to added to a great deal. They'll probably recognize it when they have to go back to the oldest part of the base at some point.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That is what they said, but The Lighthouse has a ton of windows for an underground bunker.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
A loving parent (at least one) was expecting to welcome their child into the world. Presumably they cared a great deal about this child's welfare, and wanted them to have a good life. They concluded that the best way to start this child's journey through life was to name them BooBoo.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Daisy slapping the gently caress out of a mansplaining Deek was so great.

When exactly was he mansplaining to her? As a person who's lived on the base his entire life I think it's fair to say he knows more about how it operates than she does, regardless of gender. Also I assume if you wanna portray mansplaining as a negative thing, maybe in your example you shouldn't have the guy be unquestionably correct. Or are we gonna pretend that she would have achieved her goal and finding Jemma and then ??? and also prevented the Kree retaliation on the humans if he hadn't ratted her out?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Fair enough, I wasn't paying enough attention to remember the multiverse thing. That or I dismissed it because it was kinda dumb, but taking that into account I can see where you're coming from now.

Still think her plan to storm the kree area of the space station was stupid though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Doggles posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D in SPACE!

Can we make youtube clips videos yet? Because this really should be the thread title:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niZpcdp2v34&t=19s

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Phylodox posted:

I'll never get tired of how much fun he looks like he's having in that clip.

They say you should never look directly at the camera as you try to suppress a giggle in the middle of a take, but they're wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Stunt Rock posted:

It was a surprisingly good show with a very bad Blade.

What was the ratio of mother fuckers to skating uphill?

• Locked thread