Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Gonz posted:

I just got this in an e-mail from the people who put together the fall mini-comicon in the Valley.

I'm tempted to go.

He's really funny and was a nice guy when I saw him at a local con. Got an autograph with "Hail Hydra."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

SHIELD was already one of the earliest returns of the season.

Also there's no spike. It's solidly lower than the end of last season.

Not true. TVbytheNumbers gave the last episode a 0.9 in the 18-49 rating and 3.12 million viewers. The DVR playback numbers are in and ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. enjoyed the largest percentage gains of any Monday/Tuesday program, up 82 percent in the demo (to a respectable 2.0) while growing 62 percent in audience (to 5.5 million viewers), with Live+3 DVR playback folded in.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah and that's still 10% down from last year.

Are you comparing to finale numbers? Because those are admittedly always higher; people seem to DVR the poo poo out of episodes they missed to catch up that night.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I saw both those those on syndication; it doesn't seem so odd to get the reference.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I wonder what the implications are for Agents though. Does this mean we might get movie tie-ins again, maybe another guest from the movies, like Cobie Smulders or Samuel L. Jackson coming on the show?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

The Runaways is going to be on Hulu and will be produced by the creators of the O.C. and Gossip Girl. It will run forever off those post-Pretty Little Liars "attractive people doing pretty things" vibe.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I might be really tv naive, but I think she was copying the brain scan of May. She might LMD as May, maybe the real May dies or seems like she could?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

BreakAtmo posted:

The best we can hope for is Quake voiced by Chloe Bennett, I think. Which would be awesome all by itself, frankly.

She did the voice in Marvel's Contest of Champions. I could see, if they put Quake in the game, her taking time off to coice the bits they have to do.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Zebulon posted:

Apparently so. You'd think they'd be eager to drag Deathlok in on this one. If only to show they can rely on more than just Inhumans.

He killed a ton of diplomats in Cuba for Hydra and was caught on camera doing so. They can't use him.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

drat it, I was hoping AIDA wasn't a bad guy. I was hoping Nadir was pulling a fast one with the S.H.I.E.L.D. publicist. But nope, next season's bad guy. Mallory Jansen can't help it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So... who has the book right now?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Argue posted:

Also, I was hoping Wong or Tina Minoru would come take the Darkhold off their hands in the stinger just to wrap up the book plot.

Wong would have been a nice tie-in; I mean, they had Samuel L. Jackson and Colbie Smulders back in the day, so it could be feasible to get another person involved in the films to come out... someday.. I'm thinking they're going to hold back on the Minoru's as The Runaways is being produced on Hulu.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

I am hyped for the eventual May-Aida-May three way. :black101:

Man, I miss Agent 33, if only to get fake-May fighting LMD-May fighting real May.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Spergatory posted:

So, not that anyone actually cares but, uhhh... what happens to Gabe now? Isn't he a minor? Whose last living relatives just took the highway to hell? Are they just gonna... wheel him back to his empty house, give him a pat on the back and wish him good luck?

He goes to the orphanage Matt Murdock (Daredevil) and Mary Sue Poots (Quake) were sent to.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

TVLine's pretty good at predicting what's getting renewed and what isn't and they don't have very high hopes for Agents.

http://tvline.com/2016/12/08/tv-show-cancellations-2017-agents-of-shield-elementary/

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

With all the original programming its getting, I doubt Netflix would pick it up. But crazier things have happened. CougarTown, The Mindy Project, and Community all found different homes with wildly different success rates elsewhere.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

WhoNeedsAName posted:

Really? I'd be pretty pissed with my sister if she shot me in the gut and then threw me out of a helicopter over a large body of water.

He's going to blame it on inhumans, especially when he finds out his sister may have been targeted and blown to smithereens by them. It's that whole self-loathing thing we've already seen two Inhumans have.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

There aren't three arcs. When the LMD arc is done, so is season 4. I think someone was just mistaken.

Nope. Bennet posted on her Instagram that the next episode is the end of the pod and she hopes people stick around for the next one.

Also, names: Fitzbit, iMack, Macebook, Skyenet ...Coulbot? Can't think of one for Coulson.

Nevermind.

Fitzbit, iMack, Macebook, Skyenet, Coultron, and LMayD

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 16, 2017

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Yoo-yoo too.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

X-O posted:

I have been assured by BSS that this is good casting. Hope so as Maximus is a integral part of the Inhuman lore. I'm hoping they picked a good guy for the role.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/marvels-inhumans-game-of-thrones-iwan-rheon-star-maximus-abc-series-1201925196/

YES. He was Ramsay Bolton on GoT and Simon on Misfits. I'm pumped. This is going to be good and in IMAX quality too.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

My question is, in this distorted reality, when the hell did Daisy (and she totally not going to be called Daisy, she's Skye in this alternate reality) meet Ward? At what point did she say it was her biggest regret?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So B.J. Britt is on Pitch and UnReal, so he's probably not coming back. J. August Richards is on Notorious too and Luke Mitchell is in Blindspot. All these are regular roles, so I don't think they'd make a cameo.

But... Nick Blood isn't doing poo poo and Adrianne Palicki is doing pre-production on a pilot so maybe they could come back! Here's hoping.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

The interview had the Framework act as a "What If?" scenario for them.

May: I never became the Cavalry/ killed the inhuman little girl
Coulson: I never joined S.H.I.E.L.D.
Mack: Hope never died
Fitz: ? (I'm guessing something to do with his father, or if he never joined S.H.I.E.L.D. and worked in the private sector)
Daisy: ? (She had long hair in the shot, so it's pre-Quake. She knew Ward. Maybe it's allowing Hydra to have those codes/joining Ward)
Jemma: ? (That date on the headstone makes me think she jumped and died after the Chitauri helmet illness without Fitz.)
Mace: ?

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 24, 2017

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Man, I know scheduling would be difficult, but I'd be so happy if Tripp came back. His death was heartbreaking and having him play Hydra agent alongside a "good guy" Hydra agent Ward would assuage that pain. Remind me of the good points in the first half of the first season, which I know a lot of you hated, but I didn't mind it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Magic has a cost? Jesus Christ, was Marti Noxon an EP on the film?

It's not just Buffy, she has the habit of loving really tortured seasons where no one's happy. I saw it on Angel, Glee, Once Upon a Time, and Mad Men too. No idea if she spreads that throughout UnREAL.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I thought it was a very pretty film. Visually arresting, but absolutely nothing making it different or exciting. It was a very straightforward story. Kind of disappointing from Marvel. I liked how S.H.I.E.L.D. tied into it this season. Took all the foofy pretty bits quite well.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So I think this means Hunter is coming back

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Or keep Danny and they could have gone with the original actor they had in mind before Loeb/Perlmutter stepped in;
http://m.imdb.com/name/nm1167985/?ref_=m_ttfcd_cl42

Was this a fan casting or was this seriously an option the studio had? Where'd you hear about this?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I knew it! I knew she was going to go by that name.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Crashbee posted:

He's still in the AoS comics, if that matters at all.

Are those actually or in any way following the current show's canon?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Have we seen Ward come out on their version of TV? Either Squidward claiming world domination or Hydra Ward standing behind Garrett? That would nix the chances of him becoming an L.M.D.. That'd be why Coulson can't be head of "A team that trusts," new S.H.I.E.L.D., theoretically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

lomzus posted:

Keith David has joined the cast of New Warriors.

I had to google to remember who he was, but here's the article for a refresher:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/marvels-new-warriors-adds-enlisted-actor-keith-david-in-a-villainous-recurring-role-a152870

• Locked thread