Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Turns out it's Ward.

I'm totally on board for a Ward LMD cameo. Maybe May commissions one for use as a practice dummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
If this show ends without touching further on the multi-Koenig mystery, I will be very sad indeed.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
If being resuscitated by defibrillation counts, the difference between the MCU and real world on that point could be mistaken for a rounding error. It's certainly not in the same league as being revived several days after taking a spear through the chest.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
All those normal dead humans were race traitors for not having joined the uprising against the foreign threat already. Extremism in action.

Besides, they were trying to pin the whole thing on inhumans, so it'd be kinda suspect if they went out of their way to avoid anyone but inhumans dying.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

homullus posted:

The Punisher going after the Watchdogs, and the people who try to stop him.

Punisher vs Ghost Rider would be interesting. I could easily see each coming to consider the other a 'sinner' deserving to die, totally oblivious to how much alike they are.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Might just have been a reference to the two kree reapers visiting Hive's private rural-american town last season.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
This season is going to have Simmons dive through a portal to hell to save Fitz, isn't it?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Has anyone tried translating the binary text to ASCII yet?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I'm really hoping AIDA joins the team as the resident robosorcerer. Robots doing magic is always cool.

Are there any characters based on that concept in the comic universe already?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Blazing Ownager posted:

MCU Vision seems to be that, sort of. I don't think the mainline Vision is like that though.

MCU Vision always just struck me as an artificially created meatbag with a laser gem in his forehead, not a literal machine casting spells and performing rituals.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Codependent Poster posted:

Please please do Ward LMD.

Radcliffe makes Ward LMD, Aida hijacks it to overthrow Radcliffe. LMD Ward escapes both of their control to become the big bad of the season (again). All is as it should be.

For real though, wasn't it rumored somewhere that the actress of one of the inhumans from the Bahrain incident would have a spot in one of the coming episodes? That's probably how it would fit in.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

cant cook creole bream posted:

Can you jog my memory?

The incident with the mind-controlling inhuman child that May had to shoot, and from which she earned the Cavalry nickname

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Aida can make portals to (or at least in the neighborhood of) Marvel Hell. If she pulled him back that way for a scan, they'd be able to stick demon into the the hydra traitor-alien-demon-LMD

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
May was getting better at the "escape the building" sim they put her in after relaxation didn't work. Putting her in Bahrain after that was Radcliffe's next move to get ahead her again.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
May knew about the Koenigs, so Radcliffe was able to feed the Superior the info he needed to track them down. The superior has no intel source of his own within Shield, and I don't think Radcliffe is inclined to share what he knows about Coulson just like that.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How did he keep his clothes the when he blew up that diner? :tinfoil:

I'm pretty sure they were the diner owner's clothes, implication being that he only told owner to run so that he could catch him outside and take the clothes there.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
More to the point, Mace bluffed all the goons in the very same episode by acting like he was a superpowered inhuman despite being totally off the serum at that point.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
It doesn't feel at all like we're only 14 episodes in. Cramming 3 arcs into a season instead of the usual 2 is messing with my perception of how far into the season we are.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I hope the army of DaisyBots keep turning up in the remaining episodes as the mooks in pursuit of the B-team on the Zephyr.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I'm hoping Simmons having died from the fzzt virus in the framework means that she'll have electromagnetic powers after hacking herself back to life. Would be a fun reversal of the dynamic between her and Daisy if Daisy has lost her powers at the same time.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

PunkBoy posted:

One thing I noticed on a rewatch was that you could see Daisy's dancing luau girl car trinket next to the picture of her and Ward. I think that further reinforces that her NPC is still Skye in the simulation? I feel like she got rid of it at one point when she became Daisy.

She had it on the dash of her van early in season 4 as well when she was living out of it while on the run, so probably not indicative of which name she goes by.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I like that Daisy's immediate instinct upon seeing Ward was to tremor him into paste.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
The Cambridge incident involved the inhuman girl May saved in the framework, presumably now a teenager or young adult, somehow causing the death of almost 300 people. It was a what allow Hydra to come out in the open and persecute inhumans with the support of the world.

I also don't think 'AIDA wouldn't know about it' hold water as an excuse for anything being absent in the framework. It was made using the Darkhold aka literal magic, so anything goes. (Also, the show made a big deal of the change to May's 'one regret' being a big part of how the framework world developed differently from the real world, so it'd feel cheap if other aspects of the real world that would be affected are just handwaved away as never having existed in the framework in the first place.)

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I keep reading worries here about how angsty Fitz is going to be once they get out, but I feel like the show should get the benefit of doubt here because when has it ever dragged any kind of angst out over more than maybe an episode tops?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
lol, lion-paw man callback!

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

counterfeitsaint posted:

I love May's gratuitous and completely unnecessary Matrix cartwheel.

They're inside a computer simulation. Having someone do a Matrix move is basically mandatory.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Until they can empirically prove that the whole framework is 100% simulated on mundane computer hardware, as opposed to being a neural interface and some software that uses darkhold magic to transplant a mind into a corresponding body in a parallel dimension that has had its reality altered by magic to diverge slightly, it's probably safer to err on the side of the framework residents being real people.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
No AoS season is complete without a Ward appearance. You just never know what kind of Ward it will be.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Without spoiling, are there any ties to AoS or the world building it did around its own inhumans?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I think if there is one thing we can rely on AoS to deliver at this point, it is witty, self-aware lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
To be fair, "human with cosmetic difference" is an aesthetic for aliens that the GotG movies and Ragnarok have already established pretty firmly in the MCU

• Locked thread